Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah and some of them are places like Andorra and Malta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

16 uefa spots is like everyone

Watch one of the greats still fail to qualify. Remember that Iceland won their group, Croatia only got second place, and Turkey fourth. There's a lot of potential for embarrassing failures, as Italy and Holland can testify.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ahahaha Canada is going to the world cup lmao

I hope all those Canadians who decided to not play for Canada and pledged allegiance to their dads nation or whatever end up not qualifying

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wirth1000 posted:

Ahahaha Canada is going to the world cup lmao

I hope all those Canadians who decided to not play for Canada and pledged allegiance to their dads nation or whatever end up not qualifying

Who was this besides Hargreaves

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Who was this besides Hargreaves

Some kid who decided to play for Jamaica instead of Canada if I remember correctly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wirth1000 posted:

Some kid who decided to play for Jamaica instead of Canada if I remember correctly.

There was a Dutch guy too right?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Admit Begovic, Junior Hoilett, Johnathan de Guzman

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Wirth1000 posted:

Begovic was born in Bosnia (Yugoslavia at the time) and only moved to Canada at 10.

edit: Hoilett has 17 caps for Canada?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

2026 was awarded to USA/Mexico/Canada.

bad

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Wirth1000 posted:

Owen hargraves may he rot in hell

Asmir begovic may he go back to his war torn country when canada saved his loving family

Jonathan de guzman whos a cockface while his brother repped canada a zillion times

And that Tabla gently caress whos "undecided" to play for Canada waiting for the Ivory Coast call

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

fridge corn posted:

so new Zealand will now automatically get a place in every world cup ever without even having to try

worth it on the off chance tahiti manages to sneak in

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lol three team group stage where two teams qualify good poo poo fifa

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

just have a 64 team straight knockout

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

stab posted:

Asmir begovic may he go back to his war torn country when canada saved his loving family

Jonathan de guzman whos a cockface while his brother repped canada a zillion times

And that Tabla gently caress whos "undecided" to play for Canada waiting for the Ivory Coast call

teal bunburahahaha

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fat gay nonce posted:

The host slot comes from the relevant federation space:

AFC: 8 direct slots

CAF: 9 direct slots

CONCACAF: 6 direct slots

CONMEBOL: 6 direct slots

OFC: 1 direct slot

UEFA: 16 direct slots

plus 2 play off spaces.

Fifa haven't announced how they are going to handle 3 co-hosts but I'd imagine they all get in with 3 others

remember when the world cup didn't have 30 bad teams

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Azerban posted:

do it like a tennis grand slam

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Double elimination tournament bracket please

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

stab posted:

Maybe Canada should consider not being a 2nd world petro state where people shop for groceries at Canadian Tire and Ann Murray is mandated by law to have a song play on the radio every 30 minutes and they pronounce about wrong

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
more matches like sweden - denmark in euro 2004 will be a good thing imo

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The Italians, understandably, were not happy and Milan's vice president Adriano Galliani said: "We got as many points as the players who are blond and beautiful. But we are darker and not as beautiful."

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Azerban posted:

What a great suggestion let's round up the trams to a nice number, say, 256

2 team group stages, 4 matches
Winner goes to the 128 winners group stage
Loser goes to the 128 losers group stage, where the winner of that stage goes on to play the loser of the 128 winners 2nd team group stage, in the third group stage

Just imagine!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
My best world cup memory is becoming world cup mod

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
the world cup will be like olympic boxing in 8 years because we will already have a milky way-wide club super league ebevy summer for the pro players and it will be unedrwater too with quid ditch rules

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The World cup was never good its just a thing people reminisce about liking as a child that actually sucks, like nickelodeon cartoons or Sega Game Gear

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao bring a bulletproof vest if you're going to be attending the World Cup here or Mexico.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

dkj posted:

Lmao bring a bulletproof vest if you're going to be attending the World Cup here or Mexico.
are you in St Louis

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

are you in St Louis

No

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

dkj posted:

Lol just lol if you don’t think it will be a brutal police state around the world cup venues

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
are the mounties cool

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

are the mounties cool

they're federal police, so,

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

are you in St Louis

sounds like someone had a bad night on the East Side

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I wonder why they chose to have the finals in New Jersey instead of the new billion dollar stadium in Los Angeles.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lol just lol if you don’t think it will be a brutal police state around the world cup venues

lol around the venues

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I wonder if they'll still start the games at noon to appease stupid european tv viewers

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

African AIDS cum posted:

I wonder if they'll still start the games at noon to appease stupid european tv viewers

That's what they did in 1994 anyway

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I still can’t believe the first game is Russia vs Saudi Arabia lmao

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
world cup group stage clog-fests are great at 2pm when you can have them on in the background while you do some work but im not interrupting my busy evening shitposting schedule for something like tunisia - new zealand or saudi arabia - england

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

African AIDS cum posted:

I can't wait to watch Germany vs Brasil in a double header with Cincinnati FC vs FC Tulsa

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Here's the United 2026 Bid Book in case you were wondering where in Cincinnati they would suggest placing the FIFA WC Headquarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol if you think america will still exist by 2026

• Locked thread