Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat curse of the moon and switching to spla2oon sp. would be cool to squad up later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cobalt Viper posted:

I downloaded Fortnite last night but it wanted me to link an Epic account and I didn't wanna do that so I just tried to create a regular account but it wouldn't let me use my preferred username so I deleted it and played like 2 hours of Pokemon Quest instead.

have you considered playing a game that costs money

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I downloaded Fortnite on Switch too but it wanted me to make a whole new Epic account because I connected my account to PS4 and Sony is completely retarded and won’t allow any sort of cross platform integration (see also: Minecraft) and that basically meant having to make a new email account so I just deleted it. gently caress Sony tbqh.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

have you considered playing a game that costs money

yeah. Like the paladins founder pack.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Honestly I’m way more excited for Octopath Traveler than I am for any other upcoming Switch game. One more month!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/Nmaster64/status/1006685044570718211

https://twitter.com/SplatoonNews/status/1006971205507862529

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

octopath looks awesome but i really wanna warp forward to december 7th

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I wanna savor the flavor of octopath

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Swear to God if Kirby doesn't copy the hairstyle of the particular squidkid he inhales I'm gonna loving lose it!!!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so that mech game revealed at the start of the ninty presser is basically the new armored core

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I know Sakurai said that they weren't going to add very many new fighters but he's gotta be lying right

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I know Sakurai said that they weren't going to add very many new fighters but he's gotta be lying right

they said the same thing about sm4sh and it got like 10 dlc characters including the least likely crossover in history, cloud

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I downloaded Fortnite on Switch too but it wanted me to make a whole new Epic account because I connected my account to PS4 and Sony is completely retarded and won’t allow any sort of cross platform integration (see also: Minecraft) and that basically meant having to make a new email account so I just deleted it. gently caress Sony tbqh.

You should be thanking them for discouraging you from playing fortnite

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thery have 2 pros playing smash right now on treehouse and it looks sick

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i could accept a fairly small list of newcomers on launch (including simon belmont ofc) but i think there'll be the same amount of or more dlc relative to smash 4

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Simon Belmont and solaire would be great newcomers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Simon Belmont and solaire would be great newcomers

before cloud I wouldve said "yeah loving right" but now..anything';s possible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

titan quest anniversary is now, for some reason, on the nintendo switch lol

e: it is 40 loving dollars

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 14, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

titan quest anniversary is now, for some reason, on the nintendo switch lol

e: it is 40 loving dollars
The Switch store is diseased

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Switch store is diseased

u mean u don't want to pay 60 bucks for skyrim?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

u mean u don't want to pay 60 bucks for skyrim?

or doom or the other 80 ports of 2+ year old games?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd like the ability to, for instance, browse the games they sell.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd like the ability to, for instance, browse the games they sell.

i dont think ive ever seen anything but random indie shovelware go on sale lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Same with the Wii U but the Switch store is a huge step down in terms of navigation.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same with the Wii U but the Switch store is a huge step down in terms of navigation.

wiiu but bayo 2 on sale for 20 bucks multiple times, and sold those choice wii games like MP trilogy and punch-out for 10 each. but yeah the navigation is terrible lol. i hope it sees an overhaul soon

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i played too much xenoblade 2 and now have no interest in the dlc or any of the new blades

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
you can get a list of all the games by going to the bottom of the recent releases and pressing the show all games button or by searching for nothing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ninty relerase metroid prime trilogy on switch already so I can buy it a fourth time.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

relevant: hollow knight is ~7.50 usd in the mexican eshop

but yeah good games on the eshop never ever go on sale. so far my best bet is buying eshop cards when theyre on sale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've bought multiple games on sale, there's even a section on the eshop that just shows everything on sale

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

people complain about switch eshop and its not perfect but its the easiest console shop to use by a country mile. i can find the new releases, see whats on sale and browse all the games in like 2 button presses as opposed to trying to dig through the tens of thousands of subcategories while avoiding full screen ads for movies and having a separate scroll wheel for each individual letter in a search like the playstation store. i dont know what xbox one shop is like cause lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If I played enough games I would probably be disappointed in E3 this year but I still have like bayonetta 2, Steamworld Dig 2, BOTW dlc, a bunch of moons in Odyssey, Splatoon 2 single player, probably some more poo poo I'm forgetting, that I've bought and paid for and need to play. Been waiting for hollow knight for a while so that's cool.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

thery have 2 pros playing smash right now on treehouse and it looks sick

watching this now and its real good

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HolePisser1982 posted:

Hollow Knight is out, Octo Expansion is hours away, and some Xenoblade 2 content + Octopath Traveler demo tomorrow night, and then Mario Tennis in a week. its Nintendo time

Is there a way in octopath to lower the bloom a little bit?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

O also I thought I wasn't interested in rabbids dlc because I was just about burned out on the game when I beat it but I guess enough time has passed that I could do some more.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i think the direct before this one said you can turn that off i nthe options

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

no idea, sry

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My brother gave me a box of a few dozen old Xbox games and for some reason, folded up inside a Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) case was this old review of Paper Mario 2 from my local newspaper

My brother wrote GTA SUX! here because he was like 9 years old and not allowed to play GTA- I wasn’t allowed to play it either but I still did anyways at my friends house so I got mad and scribbled it out. That was a decade and a half ago but it feels like yesterday

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My brother gave me a box of a few dozen old Xbox games and for some reason, folded up inside a Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) case was this old review of Paper Mario 2 from my local newspaper

My brother wrote GTA SUX! here because he was like 9 years old and not allowed to play GTA- I wasn’t allowed to play it either but I still did anyways at my friends house so I got mad and scribbled it out. That was a decade and a half ago but it feels like yesterday

Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me.

Lol