Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Tweak posted:

if you're a fan of wrestling and don't make an effort to watch Omega v Okada IV I don't know what you're a fan of

My friend who watches WWE thinks Okada and Omega would be lucky to be considered in the top 10 wrestlers in the world.

Anyway, Nthing Okada vs Omega 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Frankston posted:

My friend who watches WWE thinks Okada and Omega would be lucky to be considered in the top 10 wrestlers in the world.

1 to 9 are all THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS and on a really good day maybe Okada scratches in at 10

MOTYC: Okada vs Omega 4
MOTYC: Hiromu vs Ospreay
HM: ZSJ/Suzuki vs Yano/Ishii

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Dominion-

HM: Young Bucks vs. Sanada/Evil (this was the first match I saw when I woke up at 5 AM or so - maybe I slept through some of it? It was really good but felt like it was too short to be a MOTYC)

MOTYC - Takahashi vs. Ospreay
MOTYC - Jericho vs. Naito
MOTYC/Match of All Years Candidate - Omega vs. Okada IV

Holy gently caress, that main event might be my favourite match and story I've ever seen.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Okada/Omega was pretty decent live eh.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Okada/Omega was pretty decent live eh.
my man

Already nominated the junior match, so:

HM: Ishii/YTR vs Suzuki-gun
HM: LIJ vs Bucks
HM: Jericho vs Naito
MOTY: Okada vs Omega

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I really didn't think any match would top Tanahashi vs Okada in terms of emotions. Goddamn was I wrong.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

GOATC- Okada-Omega IV. The greatest match I've ever seen, probably the greatest match of all time. No other wrestling match ever compares, you have to look to other sports for comparison. I'm talking Ali-Foreman rumble in the jungle

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 9, 2018

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

GOATC: Okada vs Omega 4, Dominion 9/6/18

Oh yeah, and these two i guess:

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Will Ospreay Dominion 6/9

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs Naito

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM: SZKG/Ishii and Yano
MOTY: Bucks/LIJ
MOTY: Hiromu/Billy Bird
MOTY: Omega/Okada

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I Before E posted:

HM: SZKG/Ishii and Yano
MOTY: Bucks/LIJ
MOTY: Hiromu/Billy Bird
MOTY: Omega/Okada

Nth, just so we get the ZSJ match on the board. That counter :allears:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Toni Storm (c) vs Kagetsu for the World of Stardom Championship - Stardom (6/9)

Definitely a top 5 match up of June 9th, 2018.

Also

HM: Io Shirai vs Starlight Kid - Stardom (5/27)

Starlight Kid is very very good for however old Starlight Kid is and Io Shirai is one of the best wrestlers in the world and this match proves both of those things IMHO.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate 6/9 and 6/10, King of Gate Finals
Two unedited, no commentary, hardcam only shows that are eventually going to be edited into a single Infinity show for those who want better production values.

6/9
HM: King of Gate Finals - YAMATO vs. Masato Yoshino

6/10
MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Big Ben (Big R Shimizu & Ben-K) vs. Tribe Vanguard (Yosuke Santa Maria & KAGETORA)
HM: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Masaaki Mochizuki vs Masato Yoshino

Real good weekend for wrestling.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I don't know when this will be available for viewing but IWC's Super Indy Championship Tourney happened last night and here are the standouts from that match
HM Jaxon Argos vs Jon Gresham Quarterfinal
HM Joey Janela vs Jon Gresham Semifinal
MOTY Jon Gresham vs David Starr Finals
Everyone should watch the main, it was a 40 min match with so many ups and downs and just an incredible finish culminated a good years long story

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Managed to avoid all spoilers until watching it just now, but yeah MOTY: Okada vs Omega IV

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I really didn't think any match would top Tanahashi vs Okada in terms of emotions. Goddamn was I wrong.

It's a different emotion though. The end of Tana/Okada was a sinking feeling of the inevitable leading to a bittersweet conclusion that the old gunslinger doesn't quite have what it takes anymore to face the new sheriff. The end to Okada/Omega IV was a cresting wave as you realised that the T-1000 could be hurt, could be stopped.

(Incidentally, the group hug at the end is very much a "I know now why you cry" moment)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Kento Miyahara (c) vs Dylan James for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW Dynamite Series (6/12)

A lot of Kento's hardcore supporters have been painting this as some huge carry job by Kento but from my perspective, Dylan James really held his own in this match. He did a great job as the chop monster pursuing Kento (even though the chopping the ring post spot must be one of the most overused spots in 2018 by this point). The Korakuen crowd was really into James by the end of the night, which has to count for something as Kento is super over. Also bonus points for Kento pulling off worked headbutts that still make me wince.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Kyle O'Reiliy vs Pete Dunne for the UK Championship NXT 6/13/18

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Kento Miyahara (c) vs Dylan James for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW Dynamite Series (6/12)

A lot of Kento's hardcore supporters have been painting this as some huge carry job by Kento but from my perspective, Dylan James really held his own in this match. He did a great job as the chop monster pursuing Kento (even though the chopping the ring post spot must be one of the most overused spots in 2018 by this point). The Korakuen crowd was really into James by the end of the night, which has to count for something as Kento is super over. Also bonus points for Kento pulling off worked headbutts that still make me wince.
does ajpw have a service or is it still a weird vod distro model

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

Boco_T posted:

MOTYC: Arcángel Divino, Black Destiny, Genio del Aire vs Black Danger, Mirage, Último Maldito - AAA - 4/20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqHmlSQ94Us&t=190s
Just got freed from the Twitch paywall to Youtube. The most insane high flying spot match you will see all year. These guys are all regulars on The Crash doing this stuff but that never makes tape, so we're blessed they booked them in AAA.

I'll also note that the cruiserweight #1 contenders 4-man that starts around 35:30 I'd also put at almost HM level, and the tag title match starting at like 50:20 is good too. All around this is a very solid episode of wrestling television.

Agreed; this is a ridiculous spotfest. The Tope near the end.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

achillesforever6 posted:

I'll second that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

does ajpw have a service or is it still a weird vod distro model

AJPW.tv

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Nth

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
MOTYC - Okada/Omega IV

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Io Shirai vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Meiko Satomura - Kenta Kobashi Produce: Fortune Dream 5 (6/11)

https://puroresudream.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/2018-06-14-kenta-kobashi-produce-fortune-dream-5/

Holy poo poo, this match was loving insane. Possibly even better than Io/Meiko from April.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Io Shirai vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Meiko Satomura - Kenta Kobashi Produce: Fortune Dream 5 (6/11)

https://puroresudream.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/2018-06-14-kenta-kobashi-produce-fortune-dream-5/

Holy poo poo, this match was loving insane. Possibly even better than Io/Meiko from April.

Going to 2nd this. Real good match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

3rd

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
4th

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Caristico vs Dragon Lee, 6/15 Arena Mexico
HM: La Park, Rey Fenix and Volador Jr vs Rush, El Terrible and Cibernetico. So much hilarious poo poo and so many great spots.

https://twitter.com/Oatgan/status/1007831881696628736

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 16, 2018

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

^^^^Seconded

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

If you're just watching this show to see this match, I highly recommend at least checking out the "Team Chop" vs. "Team Kick" match. It's worth it alone for the sheer look of glee on Kobashi's face as Yuji Hino and Kohei Sato throw hard chops at each other in front of him (also Daisuke Sekimoto wincing). Katsuhiko Nakajima plays a really good weaselly heel too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Caristico vs Dragon Lee, 6/15 Arena Mexico
HM: La Park, Rey Fenix and Volador Jr vs Rush, El Terrible and Cibernetico. So much hilarious poo poo and so many great spots.

nthing these. The ending to the LA Park match is comedy goal.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hm Undisputed Era vs Lorcan and Burch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SalTheBard posted:

2nd. loving hell what an amazing sprint and some really innovative, fun spots.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

3rd

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

SalTheBard posted:

nthed

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

SalTheBard posted:

Hell yes

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

2nd. loving hell what an amazing sprint and some really innovative, fun spots.

That double submission spot was awesome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream at NXT Takeover.

Ricochet we already knew about, but Velveteen is a loving star too

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream at NXT Takeover.

Ricochet we already knew about, but Velveteen is a loving star too

2nd. Goddam what a great show so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

MOTYC: Era vs Lorcan/Burch

HM: Ricochet vs Dream

That tag match was very much my poo poo.

Dream/Ricochet had a dope ending, but didn’t set my world on fire as much as their match I caught at a house show. Maybe planning for a bigger match later?