Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Torrannor posted:

Whelp. Perhaps it's time to get rid of that avatar somebody bought me? But I like it :(

It is more expensive for other people to buy you an avatar, so maybe just post better until you get a new one.

I got the soy boy in some wave of soy boy av going around so I just improved mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m going to save my money for my own eventual health problems before I pay for someone else’s.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Nobody can really agree what's happening with Michael Cohen, other than his lawyers are leaving him.

Then this shows up: https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1006947389008117760?s=19

ITS GONNA BE FUCKIN' DISGUSTING

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Pretty much everyone to Lowtax: “Just start a Patreon or a subscription/recurring donation system or something bro.”
Richard: “No.”

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

Pretty much everyone to Lowtax: “Just start a Patreon or a subscription/recurring donation system or something bro.”
Richard: “No.”

He has a patreon

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

mlmp08 posted:

He has a patreon

For SA specifically and not Gaming Garbage, is what I mean.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus isn't listed on the list of possible host cities for World Cup games. Boy howdy, I wonder who ran interference on that one?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CBJSprague24 posted:

Columbus isn't listed on the list of possible host cities for World Cup games. Boy howdy, I wonder who ran interference on that one?

"We'll put up a fence around Bexley, okay?"

"It needs to be a wall"

"No deal"

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The Seattle Sounders are huge up here in WA, I hear about them way more than the Mariners and almost as much as the Seahawks.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Mustang posted:

The Seattle Sounders are huge up here in WA, I hear about them way more than the Mariners and almost as much as the Seahawks.

RCTID, bitches!

Nah just kidding. No sport can satisfy my bloodlust. Not even watersport.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Burt posted:

It will not be the first time that it's been held in multiple countries. They just pick a handful of stadia in each country and hold the various qualifying games there, the finals being held in the biggest place possible normally.

So Mexico City for the final then

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

That's also because they won recenty

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've been giving to that patreon all year but he really needs to go Winklevoss on the imgur guys

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I root for whatever team Alex Morgan plays on.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

holocaust bloopers posted:

loving same

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

Dudes need to swap bandwagons, the Mariners are the only good Seattle team right now, and currently leading AL West

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress it, if y'all are going to talk about baseball, I'm going to put this here instead of in Dad Chat. I don't think I've ever heard an umpire/manager fight miced up like this one.

It gets real good a minute in.

https://twitter.com/TigersJUK/status/1006699315912495104

OUR rear end IS IN THE JACKPOT NOW

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Youth football participation rates are already dropping. Sally the suburban SUV mom isn't going to give her kids brain damage to own the libs, at least not with sports. Between that and the NFL getting hit from both sides football is probably at its zenith and there is no better time to start pumping soccer. You've also got a rather large and growing hispanic population that has cultural ties to it. That said, I still wish not a single public dollar was going to fund this poo poo.

Forget Sally the suburban SUV mom, I grew up playing football and I'm not gonna let my kid play. Saw some study awhile back that showed kids that played football had something like five times the incidence of mental health diagnosis by age 21 (it was like 60% vs 12% or something like that) and that was my breaking point.

edit: not to overestimate my own importance but I can't help but feel like if football is even losing parents like me it's totally hosed long term. Not like "there will be no football" hosed especially because the south but nothing like it is today.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

facialimpediment posted:

gently caress it, if y'all are going to talk about baseball, I'm going to put this here instead of in Dad Chat. I don't think I've ever heard an umpire/manager fight miced up like this one.

It gets real good a minute in.

https://twitter.com/TigersJUK/status/1006699315912495104

OUR rear end IS IN THE JACKPOT NOW

Is this recent? Oh 2016.

Still interesting.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 13, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Is this recent?

No, it's from the old game Syndergaard got chucked from. That pitch was the last straw after a few bad ones so the ump ejected him and the crowd was pissed.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

You can donate to the forums, that's how you get the lil text thing under the av, like mine that says "pillbug". I've been coming here for 15 years, I figured I could spot Lowtax a couple bucks.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I donated and give to his patreon. Maybe I should start buying lovely avatars for people

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
UN held emergency meeting RE: Gaza

quote:

The U.N. General Assembly has approved a Palestinian-backed resolution blaming Israel for violence in Gaza after narrowly rejecting a U.S. demand to add an amendment condemning attacks on Israel by Gaza’s Hamas rulers.

The votes reflected wide concern in the 193-member world body that the resolution sponsored by Arab and Islamic nations was one-sided and failed to even mention Hamas, which has fired over 100 rockets at Israel.

The U.S. amendment to condemn Hamas, which was voted on first, was approved by a vote of 62-58 with 42 abstentions. General Assembly President Miroslav Lajcak declared that under U.N. rules a two-thirds vote was needed so the amendment failed.

The assembly then voted on the original Palestinian-backed resolution which was approved by a vote of 120-8 with 45 abstentions.

We voted against it, because Israel triggers the Holy War quest and blah blah blah Jesus II: Owning The Libs

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

BigDave posted:

We voted against it, because Israel triggers the Holy War quest and blah blah blah Jesus II: Owning The Libs

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

BigDave posted:

More likely: US diplomacy aimed at protecting Israel fails because their new diplomats are incompetents.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yup.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Jarmak posted:

Forget Sally the suburban SUV mom, I grew up playing football and I'm not gonna let my kid play. Saw some study awhile back that showed kids that played football had something like five times the incidence of mental health diagnosis by age 21 (it was like 60% vs 12% or something like that) and that was my breaking point.

edit: not to overestimate my own importance but I can't help but feel like if football is even losing parents like me it's totally hosed long term. Not like "there will be no football" hosed especially because the south but nothing like it is today.

I had five concussions in three years playing football. One knocked me out cold and I still have the bump on my head from it.

Take that for what you will.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
She-Huck on the way out

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sarah-sanders-raj-shah-planning-to-depart-the-white-house/

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:rip:
https://i.imgur.com/yR2pAfb.gifv

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jacobsoboroff/status/1007037935252856832

This is not what I fought and deployed for :smith:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1007053106750861312

...is it starting?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Burn it all down.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I think it start towards the DC trial. Until then its foreplay

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Congress will not allow anything to happen to Trump’s presidency.

It is not starting until a new congress gets in place.

People don’t seem to understand that Trump is protected. It doesn’t matter what anyone admits to or what Mueller finds.

Trump is president until 2020 at the earliest.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 14, 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The interview they had with him took place last year.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Congress will not allow anything to happen to Trump’s presidency.

It is not starting until a new congress gets in place.

People don’t seem to understand that Trump is protected. It doesn’t matter what anyone admits to or what Mueller finds.

Trump is president until 2020 at the earliest.

Maybe he'll strike a bigly deal to resign in disgrace to own the libs.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

shehuck.... welcome to #TheResistance

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Since y'all love eating the rich, The Atlantic has a good piece on how private equity firms are destroying the retail industry in the US.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/07/toys-r-us-bankruptcy-private-equity/561758/

Specifically, this line right here:

That article posted:

A firm contributes what is essentially a down payment using its own funds and then finances the rest with debt. But in the case of a buyout, the firm doesn’t have to pay back the mortgage; instead, the company it bought assumes the debt.

Haha what a stupid loving law.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

psydude posted:

Since y'all love eating the rich, The Atlantic has a good piece on how private equity firms are destroying the retail industry in the US.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/07/toys-r-us-bankruptcy-private-equity/561758/

yeah a good deal of the retailers that have gone under in the last 5 years have been a result of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

loving :lol:

quote:

Toys “R” Us was still paying interest on loans it got from KKR and Bain up until 2016, as well as millions a year in “advisory fees” for unspecified services rendered. According to one estimate, the money KKR and Bain partners earned from those fees more than covered the firms’ losses in the deal.

Private equity can stack the deck in other ways, too. Firms can direct businesses they own to buy other companies and then act as broker on the deals, reaping transaction fees.

Hey guys the free market is great, capitalism is awesome! Wait where's everyone going, why do we have an orange haired buffoon blaring angry tweets running the country?

• Locked thread