Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Set everything on fire, roast and eat the rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
This week in "council actually consults the people they represent":

Moreton fig trees fukt, what do?

Tl;dr - famous trees are dying (presumably of natural causes/maybe encouraged on a bit by having to grow in the heart of Freo), locals are being asked if they want to keep them alive a little bit longer or cut them down and replace with another (mature) tree.

It's interesting, a lot of the local councils have strategies about tree canopy, but none of them want to do anything either expensive (buy land for trees) or unpopular (actively prevent anyone from cutting down trees on their land).

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
I wonder how far offshore it ends before transitioning to copper?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Fibre to the Beach*

*australia's beach

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 13, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

froglet posted:

Tl;dr - famous trees are dying (presumably of natural causes/maybe encouraged on a bit by having to grow in the heart of Freo), locals are being asked if they want to keep them alive a little bit longer or cut them down and replace with another (mature) tree.

It's interesting, a lot of the local councils have strategies about tree canopy, but none of them want to do anything either expensive (buy land for trees) or unpopular (actively prevent anyone from cutting down trees on their land).

The member for Wentworth, mister speaker

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-13/philip-lowe-rba-governor-speech-on-wages-and-productivity/9865410

quote:

But how to get that wages growth? The answer, according to the RBA, is mainly though improved productivity.

:thermidor:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Wait, what happens when we achieve workplace productovity

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Peccadillo posted:

Wait, what happens when we achieve workplace productovity

Consultants determine the company can make more profit if it makes half the staff redundant, and encourages the remaining half to achieve workplace efficiency again

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Malcolm to deliver a national apology to victims of institutional child sexual abuse in October? Wouldn't it be better to have the Prime Minister make the apology instead?

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

froglet posted:

You plant a new Moreton bay fig into the old one. Note how the tree grows: up and around the old tree until the tendrils fuse together into one big trunk. You can use Moreton bay figs to replace any undesirable trees (e.g. camphor laurel) this way.

Edit: this is also very useful when you have unwanted trees along waterways but want to keep the root system that holds up the bank.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

asio posted:

(e.g. camphor yanny)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Nazi swastika flag flown on Australian Defence vehicle in Afghanistan
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/photo-shows-nazi-flag-flown-over-australian-army-vehicle/9859618

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

It’s funny how the one guy in school who was super obsessed with nazis ended up working for the adf.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It says here on your resume that you admire Rommel. So do I, welcome aboard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rip one nation

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Utterly shameful, what the poo poo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

Utterly shameful, what the poo poo

Recruit high school drop outs
Send them to the middle east
Shocked as they appear to be 4channers and Neo Nazi sympathisers

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This but with an SS uniform underneath.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i will join the defence force just to wage a secret campaign of terror against the nazis on my own side in the name of judah

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

this broken hill posted:

i will join the defence force just to wage a secret campaign of terror against the nazis on my own side in the name of judah

good luck, you’ll need it against the whole IDF

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Recruit high school drop outs
Send them to the middle east
Tell them anyone brown is their enemy
Shocked as they become nazis

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ABC posted:

IN OTHER SHOCKING NEWS COP FOUND TO BE FASCIST

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Crime is way, way down across the board in Victoria. Lets see how much crime people "feel" like there is though.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Birdstrike posted:

good luck, you’ll need it against the whole IDF
i don't need luck, i have ariel

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Anidav posted:

This but with an SS uniform underneath.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

:vince:

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Exquisite.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JOpPNra4bw

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

:lol::lol::lol:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

:emptyquote:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Thank you

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Now spam it on twitter.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Anidav posted:

Now spam it on twitter.

I don't think I want it attributed to me if it leaks out of here

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

loving hell.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
One Nation senator Brian Burston quits party after prolonged feud with Pauline Hanson

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/one-nation-senator-brian-burston-quits-after-pauline-hanson-feud/9868226

quote:

Former Pauline Hanson loyalist Brian Burston will quit One Nation and sit as an independent in the Senate after a spectacular falling-out with his party leader.

Senator Hanson accused Senator Burston of "stabbing her in the back" over the Government's proposed company tax cuts, and said he was trying to defect to other political parties.
The One Nation leader also called on him to quit Parliament — but Senator Burston has brushed that demand aside and will remain in the Upper House.

In a statement, Senator Burston said it was "with a heavy heart" he had to leave the party.

"It has become clear to me that my relationship with Senator Hanson is irrevocable," the statement said.
"The best way forward for me to represent the best interests of the constituents of NSW with honour and integrity is for me to resign from [One Nation]."

Senator Burston told Fairfax Media that One Nation "should be called Gone Nation" and painted Senator Hanson as an autocratic leader.

"There is no democracy in the party — every single decision made is made by Pauline Hanson, and if you don't agree then you're gone," he said.

In his statement he also urged Senator Hanson and her other remaining senator, Peter Georgiou, to honour its deal with the Government on company tax cuts.

Pretty please Brian, could you stop being a senator as well? hahahaha

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 14, 2018

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

July OP in full

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Imagine quitting one nation because you want it to be in lock-step with the coalition even more than it currently is,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/jacobsoboroff/status/1007071603887362048

Suddenly Peter Dutton gets an erection and he doesn't know why.