Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I have tickets for the taping next Thursday. The last taping I went to was the night after Kevin Owens debuted and murdered Sami Zayn. Who are we thinking I might get to see debut this go-round? Hoping for Keith Lee and maybe one more...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Unless you typod, there are no Thursday tapings and you'll be seeing a house show. But it's ok, house shows are good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

Unless you typod, there are no Thursday tapings and you'll be seeing a house show. But it's ok, house shows are good.

There are tapings next Thursday at Full Sail for NXT.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

There are tapings next Thursday at Full Sail for NXT.

Ah, thought they usually do those on Wednesdays. Carry on.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

Ah, thought they usually do those on Wednesdays. Carry on.

Nope. Not this time. Next sets of tapings are on June 21st and July 18th. After that, the next set isn't until after Summerslam (Which is August 19th).

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Julio Cruz posted:

Ronda was good in very limited in-ring time at Mania but unless she's been training her socks off at the Performance Center she's still a very long way away from being able to have good 1 on 1 matches without all the storyline smoke and mirrors.

I am just gonna reserve judgment and see what happens

I thought she would look comically bad at Wrestlemania and she did an excellent job (even with the match being heavily choreographed ahead of time). I have no reason to believe she's incapable of exceeding expectations in a 1 on 1 match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The problem with the Natalya/Ronda thing is that Natalya loving sucks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

Darkstar right now trying to do the math about how much of a chance Io has of not being hosed up in WWE

It's like reverse Steiner math where somehow the number gets lower than 0%

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

Darkstar right now trying to do the math about how much of a chance Io has of not being hosed up in WWE

io is coming to the usa specifically so she can be hosed up in wwe all the time due to less stringent laws

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh right thats why i dont watch wwe

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
James Ellsworth is officially on his way back to WWE. MKW said he is skipping out on them and they are offering refunds and pissed off at him.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

DarkstarIV posted:

James Ellsworth is officially on his way back to WWE. MKW said he is skipping out on them and they are offering refunds and pissed off at him.

Seems really shortsighted on his part. Why burn a bridge for a company that's already dropped you once when you were already doing what they're bringing you back to do?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Seems really shortsighted on his part. Why burn a bridge for a company that's already dropped you once when you were already doing what they're bringing you back to do?

No. I am saying MKW is pissed at him. Not WWE. That being said, this looks incredibly bad on Ellsworth either way. MKW tried contacting him for six days pretty much nonstop, just for him to cancel at the last minute. So they had to scramble together a replacement for him.

While I'm sure he'll still have a career on the indies after his next WWE stint, people are probably going to be more hesitant to bring him in due to this. And it's going to damage his reputation to an extent as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't see how, he seemed to be brought in very last minute for Money in the Bank. He might have a short career on Smackdown or 205 Live

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

I don't see how, he seemed to be brought in very last minute for Money in the Bank. He might have a short career on Smackdown or 205 Live

I think the kicker here is that Ellsworth has known for at least a week (if their statement is anything to go by), but he never said anything to them until the very last minute. And I guess the theory going around is that he's being brought back to be paired up with Carmella again in hopes of salvaging her reign. She's rapidly losing heat and can't wrestle.

So expect a gently caress finish at MITB for Asuka vs Carmella. That being said, I imagine Ellsworth's stint will be a very short one. As Asuka is advertised as competing at Extreme Rules still. So I imagine she'll probably beat the poo poo out of Ellsworth between MITB and Extreme Rules and earn another title shot in the process. I don't see WWE letting Carmella enter Summerslam as champion. Or even in the title picture for that matter.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

So expect a gently caress finish at MITB for Asuka vs CarmellaJinder vs Orton. That being said, I imagine Ellsworth's stint will be a very short one. As AsukaOrton is advertised as competing at Extreme Rules still. So I imagine he'll probably beat the poo poo out of EllsworthThe Singhs between MITB and Extreme Rules and earn another title shot in the process. I don't see WWE letting CarmellaJinder enter Summerslam as champion. Or even in the title picture for that matter.

Hey look at this post from 2017

Also I could see Ellsworth being aligned with whoever wins MitB to get revenge on Carmella

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

Hey look at this post from 2017

Also I could see Ellsworth being aligned with whoever wins MitB to get revenge on Carmella

Jinder's push was due to trying to expand into India though. This was pretty well established. And it failed because WWE's marketing team failed to realize that India is a pretty poor country.

Also if James wanted revenge on Carmella, he wouldn't need to align himself with the Women's Money in the Bank winner. Just cost Carmella the match at MITB. It's pretty obvious at this point WWE is desperately trying to salvage Carmella's reign (by bringing back Ellsworth, but I don't think his stint will last long, and the moment he leaves is the moment any heat she gains is lost again), considering she's pretty much been an unmitigated disaster as a champion. None of her singles matches she's had (including house shows) since winning the title have been even remotely decent, and the audience does not give a poo poo about her promos at all anymore. I'll get jumped on by the usual suspects for pointing that out, but its true.

Also the Women's MitB winner is almost certainly a RAW superstar. I don't think they are giving Ronda a title run this early in her career. And Smackdown will probably win the men's case. Especially since the main event of Summerslam is apparently Roman vs Brock. Again.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 14, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the kicker here is that Ellsworth has known for at least a week (if their statement is anything to go by), but he never said anything to them until the very last minute.

He also denied he could be at MITB, using the China booking as the reason.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I'm glad James Ellsworth is getting a payday and more international TV exposure to help provide for his family

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Ellsworth owns a promotion, a school, and gets his guys used as extras on RAW/SD all the time. He's not going to be hurt by canceling on a nothing promotion across the planet whose biggest star is Ho Ho Lun.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Ellsworth was never funny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Two more months, DarkStar.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

fatherofmustard posted:

Ellsworth was never funny.

i got a chuckle out of his chin lock immunity

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ellsworth is like the one time your friend accidentally told a good joke and then kept repeating it over and over again until everyone got sick of it

Also lol Darkstar

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ellsworth is cool and good and having a GOOD comedy character jobber is fun and something that has been missing, not his fault they let his run in the Ambrose/Styles feud last too long or thought him taking the briefcase was a good idea

i don't think it would've been as bad if he just interfered to allow carmella to take the thing if that was their plan

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Find a new hobby guys

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1007486099734876160

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

ellsworth is cool and good and having a GOOD comedy character jobber is fun and something that has been missing, not his fault they let his run in the Ambrose/Styles feud last too long or thought him taking the briefcase was a good idea

i don't think it would've been as bad if he just interfered to allow carmella to take the thing if that was their plan

It seems like they're bringing him back to try and salvage Carmella's title reign but it won't work. They need to get it off of her already.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We just need a multi-PPV Jinder/Reigns feud

Then, and only Then, can Reigns truly be ready to conquer Brock while fans cheer

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why is that bad again? The Roman match was always going to be a bathroom break regardless of who else was involved and Bryan/Miz is an improvement over Bryan/Cass. That also frees up Lashley, Owens, and Zayn for something else.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

OTOH, Lashley, Owens and Zayn may just be left off of the PPV altogether.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lmao goddamn I've dealt with all this for years and I'm so glad I'm finally done with this company.

You guys please stop watching it's not worth it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I don't really understand why this of all things is the last straw but you do you I guess

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I haven't been watching for a while.

I just wish you all can be free

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I don't really understand why this of all things is the last straw but you do you I guess

I think there's been a lot of "last straws" in recent years, but on top of that the alternatives are getting more and more accessible. I still watch WWE due to NXT and I have a friend who I only really visit to watch Smackdown with, but other than that I've been slowly getting out of the WWE loop because how much easier it is to find stuff that doesn't make me miserable and scratches the wrestling itch.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Yeah my friends still watch the ppvs together, mostly, but man is it becoming a chore. Takeovers are fun as hell, and we all dig the NJPW stuff we watch. I know it's recency bias but god drat is the WWE product bad right now.

I think you have to actively hate yourself to watch the weekly shows at this point

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

OTOH, Lashley, Owens and Zayn may just be left off of the PPV altogether.

Still an improvement over any match with Jinder, though I imagine Lashley/Zayn will have some sort of street fight variant at least.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bryan/Miz is going to be rad, who gives a poo poo what Jinder and Roman are doing. At least they're having one bad match with each other rather than two bad matches separately.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I almost forgot there was a PPV on Sunday until I saw Lou Parper tweeting like a pervert. Let's look at some early betting odds because that's fun (the lower number is higher odds)

Womens's MITB: Natalya: -130, Alexa: +290, Charlotte: +450

Men's MITB: Miz: -150, Braun: +350, Joe: +355

WWE Title: Shinsuke at -180, AJ at +140 is pretty close

Smackdown Women's Title: Asuka only at -145, Carmella at +105

IC Title: Seff is at a very cool -825, Elias at +475

Smackdown Tag Titles: Bludgeon Perverts at -750, Good Brothers at +450

Ronda is at -420, Nia is sitting at +300

Bryan vs Cass is extremely close, with Cass at -130 and Bryan at -110

Lashley is at -675, Zayn is +425 as you'd probably expect

And of course, the Biggest Dog is at -1545, and Jinder is hindered with +725

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The possibility of one/both of the title matches getting MitB'ed is probably loving around with the odds some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

The possibility of both title matches getting MitB'ed is probably loving around with the odds some.

Nah, the Smackdown Women's title match is likely low because people are unsure about what James Ellsworth's role is. I'm pretty sure Carmella is going to either get DQed or she'll win in a dirty fashion, extending the feud to Extreme Rules where its much more likely she drops the title (there is no one else credible enough to face her, and I don't think its a good idea to give her a Summerslam program considering ticket sales are slumping right now, along with the fact that there is a lot of anticipation around an Asuka/Charlotte rematch, and if that happens, ticket sales will likely pick up.). I don't see Ellsworth sticking around for long either way. I still think he has indie dates in July he hasn't cancelled. So I imagine if he costs Asuka the title, she'll spend the next two-three weeks destroying him and then he'll vanish again. That's provided that Asuka doesn't win the title in Japan, of course.

There's also speculation floating around that Carmella may walk out as champion because they'll have her drop it during the Japan tour. WWE made quite a few changes to the Japan card over the past few days which is raising some red flags. At first it was Carmella vs Charlotte vs Asuka on the final night of the tour. It was then changed to Carmella vs Becky vs Asuka, since Charlotte is getting surgery after MITB for her ruptured implant. However the other day it was updated to just Carmella vs Asuka. Becky was slotted into a 2 on 2 match against the IIconics. Also Carmella vs Asuka on the Japan tour is being billed as a co-main event. And it's pretty likely they are going to announce Meiko as part of the MYC 2, and announce that Io Shirai has signed with WWE (and is part of the MYC 2 as well). If that's the case, WWE will probably put the title on Asuka so they can have a photo-op to plaster all over Japanese sports media (Tokyo Sports, Nikkei, etc.).

And WWE has done this kind of stuff in the past as well. Hell in a Cell 2017 had Natalya get disqualified, just to drop the title two weeks later in Charlotte's hometown.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 16, 2018