Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Bret scum

Is this what was on Joe's tongue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Well Mount Royal is pretty close to me.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Now that MGS is no longer WWE exclusive, it's time for:

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Since when is MSG not WWE exclusive?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

deadkiller615 posted:

Since when is MSG not WWE exclusive?

Apparently they don't hold enough events there anymore and MSG is now open to taking bookings from other wrestling promotions.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Supposedly MSG is pissed at WWE for running all of next years WrestleMania events in either Brooklyn or Jersey rather than MSG.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

TL posted:

Supposedly MSG is pissed at WWE for running all of next years WrestleMania events in either Brooklyn or Jersey rather than MSG.

I side with MSG it’s my favorite arena.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

fart blood posted:

I side with MSG it’s my favorite arena.

Same TBH. It’s much easier to get to from Jersey than Barclay’s is.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Is it true that they can't do taped events in MSG for some logistical reason? I remember reading a while ago that they only do live shows there because something about a renovation made it impossible to shoot or something, but I have no idea if that's actually true. NXT Live once came to the MSG theater and it was really great; I was kind of surprised they never did it again - maybe it didn't sell well? Can't blame MSG for revoking the exclusivity either way though; with Raw, Smackdown, Summerslam, and Takeover being at Barclays there's no reason for them to continue the deal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think MSG has their own TV network and that deal means no taped stuff? I can't remember.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Isn’t MSG unionized for the TV production? I’m sure WWE doesn’t want to play the rental rates for MSG and for unionized local crews

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It’s basically just MSG makes it prohibitively expensive to broadcast from. That said, streaming isn’t an issue, hence the MSG House Show they aired on the Network a few years back. But other than that, they haven’t had a TV taping or PPV at the Garden in a very long time.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I wish they'd have booked Takeover for MSG next year. That'd've been cool.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

David Bautista

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good boi. And his dogs.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

David Bautista

God dammit I hate when kayfabe is broken (but not in this case). He was always so douche with WWE and he just seems like a really cool guy all around irl.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

God dammit I hate when kayfabe is broken (but not in this case). He was always so douche with WWE and he just seems like a really cool guy all around irl.

I'm glad he's doing well in film. Seems to be getting solid roles (that hitman hospital/hotel movie where he's an orderly looks alright) and I heard he's lobbying hard to do a Gears of War adaptation which might be poo poo but will absolutely get Big Dave paid.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Big Dave gonna put on the bandana?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dave ruled and Dave rules

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Big Dave is the coolest and i'm glad he's happy and making cool movies nowadays, free from the stress of getting randomly jobbed out to <shakes Magic 8 Ball> Bobby Roode or something if he were still in wrestling.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm glad he's doing well in film. Seems to be getting solid roles (that hitman hospital/hotel movie where he's an orderly looks alright) and I heard he's lobbying hard to do a Gears of War adaptation which might be poo poo but will absolutely get Big Dave paid.

Hotel Artemis was really mediocre, but Batista was a lot of fun in it.

Batista is also lobbying to play comic hero the Eternal Warrior, which I'd see. The best stunt casting I've heard for him as another comic character is the Goon. He'd be perfect for that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dave Bautista is a really genuinely nice guy that got hosed over by WWE so he's ok in my book. His hobby of collecting old lunch boxes is incredibly relatable.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Didn't he cheat on his wife while she had cancer?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

whatever came of that, they're still friends

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Well I'm glad that has been resolved in a level headed way then.

Batista rules.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

To be fair I'm sure he cheated on her when she didn't have cancer, too

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

coconono posted:

Dave Bautista is a really genuinely nice guy that got hosed over by WWE so he's ok in my book. His hobby of collecting old lunch boxes is incredibly relatable.

He got that while filming Guardians of the Galaxy. Supposedly it’s really rare. James Gunn made him a Drax lunchbox when filming wrapped.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

KungFu Grip posted:

whatever came of that, they're still friends

That’s how great a guy he is! Even after cheating she’s like “aw heck I can’t stay mad at the big lug!”

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

No that was a fake synopsis of his book

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gavok posted:

The best stunt casting I've heard for him as another comic character is the Goon. He'd be perfect for that.

I misread that as Groo and for one beautiful second I believed

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

sounds like it is a wait for it later

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gavok posted:

Batista is also lobbying to play comic hero the Eternal Warrior, which I'd see. The best stunt casting I've heard for him as another comic character is the Goon. He'd be perfect for that.

He would be a great Sandman (Spider-Man comics) too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Vader.
http://rajah.com/node/62949

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Is that.....Sasuke cosplaying trump?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ishin posted:

Is that.....Sasuke cosplaying trump?

this was from his great space war last year. he teamed with The Flash and Wonder Woman & the Brahman Brothers against Darkseid, Dr. Poison, Lex Luthor, Steppenwolf, and Rocket Man

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

KungFu Grip posted:

this was from his great space war last year. he teamed with The Flash and Wonder Woman & the Brahman Brothers against Darkseid, Dr. Poison, Lex Luthor, Steppenwolf, and Rocket Man

I'm well aware of Japanese political goings on but is he still wrestling?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I'm well aware of Japanese political goings on but is he still wrestling?

He main evented a show at WM weekend last year, Joey Janela's Spring Break II, against Joey. As a technical match it wasn't much but as a spectacle it was an A+.

Then they sang a Bon Jovi song after the match. Yes, really. I think Michinoku Pro still runs shows but they're sorta infrequent since the attendance at them isn't much and a lot of the main guys from M-Pro have moved on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

So Suzuki and Okada fought in the rain.