Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cyberpunk looks cool as hell, and I don’t mind an early trailer showing off the setting rather than the plot of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I would definitely die of a stroke, heart attack, seizure etc if I ever turned around and saw Todd Howard standing behind me

It would rarely happen unless you're always looking at your feet

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I would definitely die of a stroke, heart attack, seizure etc if I ever turned around and saw Todd Howard standing behind me

Lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If they guy had turned around, Todd would have nervously yelled "Have you heard about the mudcrabs?" and then forcefully casual-walked away.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My friend took this photo of me playing Blades: Fates of Wyverndir and swears Todd Howard wasn't anywhere near the shot at the time. About a week after both our eyes started bleeding and it spelled out Skyrim on a Ouija board that then cracked in half as if someone- or something, had level 100 Blunt Weapons.

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

If they guy had turned around, Todd would have nervously yelled "Have you heard about the mudcrabs?" and then forcefully casual-walked away.

I think he actually probably would have killed him where he stood.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

It's probably coming to PC

Oh my god

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

It would rarely happen unless you're always looking at your feet

Lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My friend took this photo of me playing Blades: Fates of Wyverndir and swears Todd Howard wasn't anywhere near the shot at the time. About a week after both our eyes started bleeding and it spelled out Skyrim on a Ouija board that then cracked in half as if someone- or something, had level 100 Blunt Weapons.

Hahahahaha lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

blops3 is 80gb lol, wtf

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ze dark time of ze troomp

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

blops3 is 80gb lol, wtf
It still makes you download them all even if you get the cheaper multiplayer pack. The full game is on your computer, you just aren't allowed to play it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

It still makes you download them all even if you get the cheaper multiplayer pack. The full game is on your computer, you just aren't allowed to play it.

No actually... The full DLCless game is 105gb

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmao poo poo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the kevin smith character model is said to bring luck to your hard drive

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

saying a quiet snoogans to bluntman before i put it into rest mode

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Really? Lol

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I'm excited to watch Aris play RE2 and for Cyberpunk only because Ragg thinks it may be epic.

I think it will definitely be epic.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
That being said, I'm worried it'll have a bunch of rpg bullshit that will piss off people who dontg have a high immunity to rpg bs

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It’s based on a pen and paper rpg and “cool” is a primary attribute. It’s gonna be chock-full of RPG bullshit. It’s gonna be great.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Witcher manages not to be bogged down by trying to stay to faithful to the novel series IMO so hopefully Cyberpunk will take whatever people like from the pen and paper RPG without being chained down to its "lore"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope Cyberpunk is in a slightly less lovely feeling engine than the Witcher 3.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

yeah it's gonna be a new game engine, red engine 4, whereas Witcher three was on red engine 3

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It being first person will likely go a long way towards feeling tighter. None of that awkward turning/changing of direction.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cyberpunk recalled after day 1 for players getting motion sickness from dancing all over the place every time they engage in laser sword combat

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tao of lmao posted:

It’s based on a pen and paper rpg and “cool” is a primary attribute. It’s gonna be chock-full of RPG bullshit. It’s gonna be great.

Isn't "cool" in the RPG literally just "how awesome does your cyber upgrades make you look"?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

tao of lmao posted:

I don't mean that kind of bullshit, i mena like stupid level crap where if a guy is 10 levels above you you do like 10% damage to him, like in witcher 3. It absolutely sucks rear end

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mekchu posted:

Isn't "cool" in the RPG literally just "how awesome does your cyber upgrades make you look"?

Its how cool you are under pressure, and also how cool other people think you are

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I guess its kinda like Willpower in other games

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also how good you are at resisting torture

Kinda like a hybrid endurance/will/physical presence

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh. Cool.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragg posted:

I don't mean that kind of bullshit, i mena like stupid level crap where if a guy is 10 levels above you you do like 10% damage to him, like in witcher 3. It absolutely sucks rear end

Also this.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ragg posted:

Oh, yeah that’s fair. Feel like scaling difficulty has issues as well, but probably less than just having chunks of content cut off till you level.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

Oh, yeah that’s fair. Feel like scaling difficulty has issues as well, but probably less than just having chunks of content cut off till you level.

Witcher 3 does a wierd thing where they wanted a reason for people to go back to earlier aras so they put way higher level quests in each map, but it doesn't feel like they put that content in an intelligent way.

Like i was just riding my horse down the road to finish a level 10 quest and it led me directly into a ruined village full of lvl 30 something monsters

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ragg posted:

You can turn that off by putting on level scaling with one click in the settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Ragg posted:

That being said, I'm worried it'll have a bunch of rpg bullshit that will piss off people who dontg have a high immunity to rpg bs

probably an action rpg like witcher which was nice. i hate making potions so was glad that was optional in the game

• Locked thread