Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Solice Kirsk posted:

One person made one decent joke about Lacroix one time and now everyone wants to get in on the action.

And the original joke was a kind of rip off of a joke about how much vermouth to put in a martini. And that's been around forever.

This but change it to getting mad about irony. That got old 25 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SpacePig posted:

Nerds only want women to kiss when they want to see it. Letting women control when and where and in what context they kiss is unacceptable.

And women kissing each other must be receptive to then kissing a guy and having sex with them. Showing women as capable of having fulfilling and satisfying lives without men (and by implication, without the nerd) is anathema. Queer women who need a man (read: the nerd) are acceptable. Actual lesbians are not, because they flatly reject men (and therefore the nerd).

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
This kills the nerd

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't think they really give a poo poo about any of that and it's more that they are some of the many broken-brained people incapable of consuming any form of media without framing every aspect of it in terms of the currently ongoing culture war

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

I don't think they really give a poo poo about any of that and it's more that they are some of the many broken-brained people incapable of consuming any form of media without framing every aspect of it in terms of the currently ongoing culture war

oh it's definitely that too

It's all of those things.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Phlegmish posted:

e: What I'm saying is that people can have really bad opinions on women and also have that frame their ideas regarding an imagined culture war.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_p9ito7Qdu01rmxbcn_480.mp4

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I have this treat dispensing camera I bought to help with my dog's separation anxiety and it has a section where you can post your pets pics. This morning this is what showed up on the feed:

Someone's trolling Petzi. At least it's not goatse

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1006724812285374464

https://twitter.com/PerryFellow/status/1007076193605246976

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Millennials need to share things while explaining the joke still intact.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I'm the real Korben Dallas.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Bombadilillo posted:

Studies do show that people's IQ have been declining by an average of seven points per generation since the 70's.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Dude, that's Nicholas Gurewitch, author of Perry Bible Fellowship. If you read the PBF threads here in SA like 10 years ago where goons failed to understand every single strip you would start explaining your own jokes too

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

JEEVES420 posted:

Studies do show that people's IQ have been declining by an average of seven points per generation since the 70's.

but that's not how IQ works?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

JEEVES420 posted:

Except for the ones that show IQ has been increasing an average of 3 points per decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

quote:

Trahan et al. (2014) found that the effect was about 2.93 points per decade, based on both Stanford–Binet and Wechsler tests; they also found no evidence the effect was diminishing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

nerdz posted:

Dude, that's Nicholas Gurewitch, author of Perry Bible Fellowship. If you read the PBF threads here in SA like 10 years ago where goons failed to understand every single strip you would start explaining your own jokes too

but what about the MILLENNIALS :byodood:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

JEEVES420 posted:

studies show that your mom likes my dick bitch

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nerdz posted:

Was he born before 1624? Millenial.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

"Warm and defeated" is the best description for an Olive Garden dish :allears:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

(wet voice)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
When you're here, you're here

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guys, I'm starting to think these AI's are intentionally trying to be funny. They're......they're learning.....but what?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Solice Kirsk posted:

Guys, I'm starting to think these AI's are intentionally trying to be funny. They're......they're learning.....but what?

Shitposting. The T-1000 is going to kill us with dad jokes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

We need to feed them all of the forums and create the ultimate poster!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

"A WAITRESS comes to deliver what might be considered food" is such a cutting assessment from something that doesn't even eat

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Subjecting an AI to that is worse than anything that Detroit game could come up with.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I assumed the whole thing was made up by the guy who tweeted it because are there even 1,000 hours of Olive Garden commercials to watch?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I assumed the whole thing was made up by the guy who tweeted it because are there even 1,000 hours of Olive Garden commercials to watch?

I just assumed he looped them for 1000 hours.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm sure he threw some of those Panda cheese commercials and Geico cavemen ones in there just to round out the 1000 hours.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lol at believing IQ means anything in tyool 2018. I bet people still believe in phrenology too.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
^^^iirc Proud Boys and some of the alt right believe in phenology

I thought it was common knowledge by now that almost all of those "procgen" scripts involve significant amount of human, uh let's call it guidance

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

:dudsmile: Secret soup

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Picnic Princess posted:

Lol at believing IQ means anything in tyool 2018. I bet people still believe in phrenology too.

It means "intelligence quotient"

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Facebook Aunt posted:

Except for the ones that show IQ has been increasing an average of 3 points per decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

According to recent studies The Flynn effect has slowed down or even stopped.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

When You're Here, You're Here. :geno:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

oldpainless posted:

It means "intelligence quotient"

Whelp, I've been schooled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
WRT the Olive Garden Robot

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1007061610005794817

An interesting thread that points out things neural networks get wrong, and goes somewhat into how the Botnik keyboard produces stuff like that, but not exactly that.