Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1007345678819975172?s=21

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ok that's just as good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean I doubt they sign him, but he's only gotta beat out Hoyer, which is still an impossible task for the Hack.

But gently caress, we had Ryan Lindley for a cup of coffee, go for it Bill, i want to see Hack in the preseason.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Eltoasto posted:

The Colts actually spent a decent amount of draft picks and cash on OL trying to upgrade it. It just didn't work because Grigson is bad and everyone was either a bust or got hurt all the time.

Fair enough, I'm willing to admit that this reduces culpability. In that case I suppose a harsh, uncaring God is to blame.

Kalli posted:

I mean I doubt they sign him, but he's only gotta beat out Hoyer, which is still an impossible task for the Hack.

Yeah I'm really not seeing it. Hoyer's no superstar but he's good enough to play in the NFL, score points and sometimes even win games. Hack should count himself lucky that he made any money at all from the NFL and just call it quits.

Although I do love the idea of him playing in a game when two QBs go down and then things get out of control, players on the sidelines, coaches, referees, security guards all getting punished in the stones by errant Hack throws

Play fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 14, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

seiferguy posted:

I just wanna see Hack shoot one at a ref in the bigs. Hell, it can be in the preseason. I'm not picky.
Why would you want a fan to get a broken nose?

seiferguy posted:

Hack played in the preseason, right?
I....I dont think so.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bill signed Tebow too, never forget. :911:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

They're trying to keep Hack from us. The people have spoken! We demand comedy throws and clownball

Watch Bill fix his throwing motion over the course of an afternoon

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I....I dont think so.

Wikipedia posted:

Hackenberg made his preseason debut on August 27, 2016 during the third preseason game against the New York Giants, where he completed 6 out of 16 passes for 105 yards with a touchdown and an interception. He also played in the preseason finale against the Philadelphia Eagles on September 1, 2016, where he was 11 for 31 with 54 passing yards and an interception returned for a touchdown.
Hackenberg started two preseason games and played in all four. In the first game against the Tennessee Titans, he was 18 of 25 for 127 yards and averaged 5.1 yards per attempt. Hackenberg got the start against the Detroit Lions in the second game and went 2 of 6 for 14 yards before being replaced by Petty in the first half. He also started in the Jets' third preseason game at the New York Giants, posting stats of 8/15 for 60 yards, and two pick sixes. He was replaced by Petty in the second half, but later returned after Petty was injured. In his second stint in the game, Hackenberg went 4 of 6 with a touchdown against the Giants' backups. Hackenberg came in for McCown in the final game against the Eagles. He finished 10 of 22 for 105 yards and a touchdown.

Total stat line: 59/121, 531 yards, 3 TDs and 4 INTs for a whopping 55.5 QB rating.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 14, 2018

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bill signs Hack, cuts Brady. Suicide note found: I resign as HC of the NEP. -BB

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Docjowles posted:

i came

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Docjowles posted:

keep going

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Gronk traded for Sudfeld.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Pops up later that week in an SI.com article saying "I'm coming home", rejoins Cleveland Browns as head coach, signs recently cut Brady.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Trade Gronk to the Rams

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DariusLikewise posted:

Trade Gronk to the Rams

Quiet. You already have future Hall of Famer, Tyler Higbee.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

pubic works project posted:

Quiet. You already have future Hall of Famer, Tyler Higbee.

Hall of Fame for Racism maybe

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Pops up later that week in an SI.com article saying "I'm coming home", rejoins Cleveland Browns as head coach, signs recently cut Brady.

Brady and Belichick going to cleveland to turn them into winners immediately would be hilarious and I'd be all for it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I gotta think this is just so they can laugh at the jets. Like first hand see how much of a trainwreck that decision was.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/1007404926761398273

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My demand to see Hack play is coming back to haunt me!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Uh, Kellen Winslow Jr was just arrested for a bunch of stuff including rape.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://deadspin.com/kellen-winslow-jr-arrested-again-in-san-diego-charged-1826847943

quote:

Former NFL tight end Kellen Winslow Jr., who was arrested last week in San Diego on suspicion of burglary, has reportedly been arrested again in San Diego, and the charges this time are much more serious: they include nine different counts, among them kidnapping with intent to commit rape, and forcible rape.

:stonk:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kalli posted:

Uh, Kellen Winslow Jr was just arrested for a bunch of stuff including rape.
I remember the simpler days when Shooter McGavin took a shrub that he hit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's hard out there for a soldier

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers have officially, apparently, reached out to Antonio Gates.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hes the one who got caught jacking it in a target parking lot too right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yep.

Don't use synthetic weed kids.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Winslow’s meltdown after the Vols beat the Hurricanes in Miami was so epic, I still remember it and smile

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

BlindSite posted:

Hes the one who got caught jacking it in a target parking lot too right?

No he was looking for Boston Market

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KW, Jr. should blame his behavior on mental illness like Larry Johnson did yesterday.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Slowly losing his mind:

quote:

Before Bill Belichick canceled the New England Patriots' final two voluntary organized team activities this week, he transformed parts of Gillette Stadium into a real-life "Back to the Future" movie.

Specifically, Belichick made Tuesday a wide-ranging history lesson on the roots of football, essentially creating an environment in which players were going back in time. That, of course, meant that there were leather helmets on the practice field, digital clocks covered up in the team meeting room, black-and-white recordings of old football plays shown, and a no-frills lunch menu that resembled what players in the 1930s and 1940s might have eaten (e.g., hamburgers and hot dogs rather than sushi).

I'd love to be there when someone mentioned to Belichick if he wants to be accurate that all the black players would have to be barred from the facility.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

We'll see after this season when they have to pay the piper w/r/t the cap. Rams even moreso

They're the only team in the division with the two most important things for long term success: a good head coach and a franchise quarterback. Who else is going to win that division for the next few years?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 15, 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'd love to be there when someone mentioned to Belichick if he wants to be accurate that all the black players would have to be barred from the facility.

Wait, he was cosplaying as the Redskins?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wonder what an all-white team would like

CB would be non-existant

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I wonder what an all-white team would like

CB would be non-existant

Will you accept an Asian Jamaican?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wonder what a very diverse team would look like. if I saw one i'd probably say "mmm gently caress" sexually, About it. they could go all the way

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1007454623278551043

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1007454102081728512

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/_mobileview/news/jeffrey-lurie-explains-the-details-of-the-super-bowl-ring

quote:

The 2017 Super Bowl Championship Ring is made of pure 10-karat white gold, adorned with a total of 219 diamonds and 17 rare green sapphires.

The Eagle head logo is displayed with 52 pavé-set diamonds, signifying a victory over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 52.

The Lombardi Trophy contains 16 diamonds, one for each of the team’s 16 victories in the 2017 season.

The 13 diamonds at the base of the trophy represent a franchise-record-tying 13 wins in the regular season.

At the top of the Lombardi Trophy, three diamonds represent the three postseason victories. A sizeable marquise-cut diamond at the top of the trophy represents the first Super Bowl Championship.

The bezel of the ring features a waterfall of 127 diamonds, paying tribute to the "Philly Special.” The 127 diamonds represent the sum of the jersey numbers of the three players who handled the football after the snap on the fourth-and-goal play at the 1-yard line. Running back Corey Clement, No. 30, took the direct snap, flipped the football to tight end Trey Burton, No. 88, who rolled right, and threw a touchdown pass to quarterback Nick Foles, No. 9, for the touchdown.

The ring also boasts four green sapphires to represent the franchise’s 4 NFL Championships – in 1948, 1949, 1960, and now Super Bowl LII.

To honor the great Eagles fans, the ring includes a silhouette of Lincoln Financial Field as well as the title of the fight song, “Fly, Eagles Fly,” spelled out on the outer band of the ring.

To recall the “Underdog” theme that galvanized the team, the City of Philadelphia, and Eagles fans in the playoffs, a dog mask is inscribed on the inside of the ring for the players and coaches.

The bottom of the inside arbor is inscribed with each player’s signature – the first-time championship rings have ever featured engraved signatures.

A spectacular championship ring, it also includes the team’s central mantra from the season, “We All We Got, We All We Need.” The word “family” sits below the Super Bowl LII logo and serves as a reminder of the team’s commitment and dedication to each other.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 15, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:stonklol:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:stare:

quote:

Per the Review-Journal's Michael Gehlken, Bryant's imminent discipline is believed to pertain to the NFL's substance-abuse policy. Bryant, of course, missed all of 2016 due to substance-abuse-policy violations. Gehlken confirms any further substance-abuse infraction could cost Bryant another year, or longer. With ex-broadcaster Jon Gruden replacing Reggie McKenzie at the Raiders' personnel controls, Oakland dealt the No. 79 overall pick for Bryant in late April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If that actually happens the Raiders just burned a third round pick on nothing right? Isn't this Bryant's last year of his rookie deal?

e: Or would he not get a year of service time if he's suspended the whole year and they'd still have him next year? Assuming if he gets suspended he would then not gently caress up and get reinstated and all.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 15, 2018

• Locked thread