Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you have to be bitching about it in a really whiny voice for it to work, i do it all the time

Nah you just have to be a streamer. Kappa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
What happened to the discord, it's so dead now. Maybe it's because PUBG is dead. Or maybe nobody likes to be there anymore.
I need some internet friends to play with, don't make me go back to playing with pubbies. I won't get anything done shooting crossbows at my pubbie teammates the whole match and watching them freak out.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

GarethOmni posted:

What happened to the discord, it's so dead now. Maybe it's because PUBG is dead. Or maybe nobody likes to be there anymore.
I need some internet friends to play with, don't make me go back to playing with pubbies. I won't get anything done shooting crossbows at my pubbie teammates the whole match and watching them freak out.

Apparently without the stats bot, making GBS threads on peoples’ KDR and pink titles for the really awful players, the game is less fun. Who knew?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
If there are any good players I would love to duo and/or squad with them. But the few times I have hopped in a goon game it's been.... horrible :(

I don't care that people are bad at this game, I just enjoy winning. I have some REAL FRIENDS that I play with, but I play a lot more than them so I'm available a bunch (and they aren't the greatest either).

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

If there are any good players I would love to duo and/or squad with them. But the few times I have hopped in a goon game it's been.... horrible :(

I don't care that people are bad at this game, I just enjoy winning. I have some REAL FRIENDS that I play with, but I play a lot more than them so I'm available a bunch (and they aren't the greatest either).

Bizarro and Cobra Kai tags in the Discord are the only players I've noticed that can carry around a ~1.5 or higher KDR. So maybe ask them.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Cool. I'd like to have a good win rate instead of just decent KD. Winning is fun.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Cool. I'd like to have a good win rate instead of just decent KD. Winning is fun.

sounds like you should start carrying harder instead of crying about it then

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

VulgarandStupid posted:

Bizarro and Cobra Kai tags in the Discord are the only players I've noticed that can carry around a ~1.5 or higher KDR. So maybe ask them.

Is 1.5 KDR the line in the sand for being able to post or talk on Discord nowadays? Where do I get my badge and weapon?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
In some twisted turn of fate you have to go throuh... me?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

sounds like you should start carrying harder instead of crying about it then

I kill myself a lot in order to make them not wait and watch me get a top 5 and then die to 4 people shooting me at once :shrug:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I kill myself a lot in order to make them not wait and watch me get a top 5 and then die to 4 people shooting me at once :shrug:

I'd say 15-20% of my deaths are to eating self-made grenade sandwiches. So high five there buddy.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Ice Fist posted:

I'd say 15-20% of my deaths are to eating self-made grenade sandwiches. So high five there buddy.

I also intentionally drop into impossible odds 1-man squad games so I can sandbag my mmr

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Man, I can't believe how stuck I am on this game. 244 hours in, just got my third solo chicken dinner. I'm bad and I'm an old man but at least I seem to have learned to hit people.
Pretty unremarkable highlights (5 kills and a slow island start) but I'm proud to have made a number of correct tactical calls, and it's a lot of fun mowing down people with the M249!
Of course I noticed after the match that I had forgotten to turn on the instant replay so the kills are all I have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUtotf4zI2M

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 14, 2018

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

Is 1.5 KDR the line in the sand for being able to post or talk on Discord nowadays? Where do I get my badge and weapon?

the line is getting some chicken while doing 1 vs squad

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

the line is getting some chicken while doing 1 vs squad

So like two people are good enough to post?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

So like two people are good enough to post?

yes, one of them being me :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKWUZKlN60

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
frenzye is the only good PUBG player on SA

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It really feels like I'm having more games lately where I loot 10+ buildings and can't find a single non-shotgun/pistol weapon.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Star Man posted:

frenzye is the only good PUBG player on SA

Confirming frenzye, gav likes to steal kills and manny carrys teams.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
AN1MAL is the best player because his catchphrase is 'gently caress my rear end!". Always funny to hear.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
The best player on SA is for sure that guy I left behind the other day and then he put me on his "poo poo list" after cursing a lot and rage-quitting.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Slim Mat posted:

The best player on SA is for sure that guy I left behind the other day and then he put me on his "poo poo list" after cursing a lot and rage-quitting.

lol azhmira?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Slim Mat posted:

It's time to name names.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

(Fast-forward to two minutes if you don't want to be looking at a door.)

Interesting that you chose to go south at the beginning rather than north.

I guess VSS snaking is one of the few viable strats for winning 1 vs squads if you're not a pro FPS gamer. Any other options?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Really interesting watch. I liked how patient you were and you didn't push early. One of my big flaws (besides being objectively awful at PUBG) Is my lack of patience.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

SalTheBard posted:

Really interesting watch. I liked how patient you were and you didn't push early. One of my big flaws (besides being objectively awful at PUBG) Is my lack of patience.

I find it helps to browse SA or whatever while, for example, waiting in that shed.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

counterpoint: any time you aren't damaging someone, you aren't getting points. gently caress this shed hiding bullshit.

Violence. Speed. Momentum. Infidelity.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Chicken dinner = points!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Deviant posted:

counterpoint: any time you aren't damaging someone, you aren't getting points. gently caress this shed hiding bullshit.

yea idiot. i got like 1700 points from shed hiding. fly away hater

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
if you want to learn patience, doing a shitload of one vs squads will teach it to you pretty quickly. you are rarely gonna win firefights, so you have to get good at avoiding and cherry picking fights you can win

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Thermopyle posted:

I find it helps to browse SA or whatever while, for example, waiting in that shed.

I'm way too high strung for that.

if you want to learn patience, doing a shitload of one vs squads will teach it to you pretty quickly. you are rarely gonna win firefights, so you have to get good at avoiding and cherry picking fights you can win

I will try that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i was also several beers deep during that footage :tinsley:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

if i want to watch someone i hate sit in a shed for hours at a time i'll go ice fishing with my parents

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
good for you tiger

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Attack Vector Initialized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGseIL8x7VM

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Deviant posted:

Oof.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

The vector shits out so much hate in such a short time. It's easily my favorite fun right now to run alongside a dmr.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
so i ruminated about deviants advice last night, and decided to give it a try in a duo game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlo4RJ_jHT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Farmsc0PLMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxKnKDbyuR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMWFOtHkvto

it didnt work out nearly as well from a points aspect, but i guess no one has to voluntarily watch me hiding in a shed :shrug:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Anyone else get banned? Checked their twitter and they sent out a huge ban wave. I dunno, are they mad that I tried out Realm Royale or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
have you tried not cheating?