Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Lots of regressive piece of poo poo dudes in the Wampler fb group today, ooooooh boy

hatred is critical for vintage tones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

At least man the gently caress up and start a NSBM band imo

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Kilometers Davis posted:

Lots of regressive piece of poo poo dudes in the Wampler fb group today, ooooooh boy

lol if you're not using this as your av for every music forum to troll everyone at all times

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gringostar posted:

lol if you're not using this as your av for every music forum to troll everyone at all times

Maynard probably likes that shirt unironically.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Maynard probably likes that shirt unironically.

maynard is the second worst thing about tool

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Also, that Wampler poo poo cascaded into my other FB groups, such is its awfulness (which is how I am aware of it since the Wampler group is largely poo poo that I left for that reason).

Brian Wampler is a nice and generous person but completely abdicates his standing in that small world of pedal geekery when faced with speaking out on moral and ethical problems of his group and the industry he works in.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 14, 2018

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
What's the Wampler thing? Something happened that I missed?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I like that shirt it’s p funny honestly

kjetting posted:

What's the Wampler thing? Something happened that I missed?

Someone brought up sexism existing and the maga hats went atomic because of EVIL PC CULTURE

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Also, that Wampler poo poo cascaded into my other FB groups, such is its awfulness (which is how I am aware of it since the Wampler group is largely poo poo that I left for that reason).

Brian Wampler is a nice and generous person but completely abdicates his standing in that small world of pedal geekery when faced with speaking out on moral and ethical problems of his group and the industry he works in.

I like the group but it has a lot of assholes lurking always waiting to get mad the second something related to social issues comes up. The moderators and Brian are wonderful people but there’s only so much you can handle. On the best days I love the group but maaaan it gets tiring.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Imagine, a forum of people who freak out about how batteries gave better tone in the 60s being angry about social progress

Shocking, I tell you

Batteries - shocking pun unintended but admitted to

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocE2mxkwG_w

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I'm sure the Martin army would tug themselves off over this guitar but it looks like a piece of poo poo. Would be embarrasing to bring it out

asking price: $5,500

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

When the big hand is on the little hand, etc

asking price: $15

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

I like the group but it has a lot of assholes lurking always waiting to get mad the second something related to social issues comes up. The moderators and Brian are wonderful people but there’s only so much you can handle. On the best days I love the group but maaaan it gets tiring.

chuds? in my online guitar forum? it's more likely than you think

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Chrpno posted:

When the big hand is on the little hand, etc

asking price: $15

smdh you're supposed to set the hands to 10:10, it makes it look happy

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Kilometers Davis posted:

I like that shirt it’s p funny honestly

:hai: also true

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:hfive: It is what it is right?

The Muppets On PCP posted:

chuds? in my online guitar forum? it's more likely than you think

There are some nice folks :unsmith:

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hi I spent 45 minutes today trying to figure out why my tone was weird with all of my pedals before realizing my chorus was on thanks for reading

I once spent an entire practice trying to fix the weird muddiness in my sound. Afterwards, I realized the tone knob on my bass was turned down.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

GuItar forums are always full of very predictable demographics and as such full of very predictable bullshit.

TGPs explicit “no politics” rule is the only reason i can tolerate it and even then it still leaks throug sometimes.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

massive spider posted:

GuItar forums are always full of very predictable demographics and as such full of very predictable bullshit.

TGPs explicit “no politics” rule is the only reason i can tolerate it and even then it still leaks throug sometimes.

My favorite demographics/instrument intersection is how many posters on Talkbass HATED hip-hop

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CheesyDog posted:

My favorite demographics/instrument intersection is how many posters on Talkbass HATED hip-hop
Never been there, but they're DEAD to me. :mad:

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wark Say posted:

Never been there, but they're DEAD to me. :mad:

where you gonna get pictures of thirsty dadbod white guys lusting after a Nebraska 7 with a microphone and a cowboy hat

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

hrmph unless you're Robert Fripp you should not be sitting down to play guitar

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

http://loudwire.com/ghost-can-they-save-instrument-industry/

A take, for your perusal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chrpno posted:

Is the speaker under the seat? If so, make it a bass amp and I'll give myself prostate massages.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rock's a list: a band formed in the 1960s nobody's given a poo poo about in over thirty years, two bands nobody's given a poo poo about in nearly twenty years, and shinedown

also great corporate synergy writing an advertorial for a band mostly getting radio play on loudwire's sponsored syndicated program

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 15, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Didn’t read that past the title but Ghost is getting a lot of younger people into rock/metal as well as guitar. I can’t hate them thanks to that.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
they're no taylor swift

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That’s not even a lie lol

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

rock's a list: a band formed in the 1960s nobody's given a poo poo about in over thirty years, two bands nobody's given a poo poo about in nearly twenty years, and shinedown

also great corporate synergy writing an advertorial for a band mostly getting radio play on loudwire's sponsored syndicated program

Yeah loudwire really loves ghost

I do too but I won't pretend they're not dumb Satan showtunes

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

it's like a magic eye picture where if i cross my eyes and look past the literal words, they're describing a band that might interest me and that i'm about to look up on spotify, but if i just look at the words themselves all i can see is a giant ":jerkbag:"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I was legit pretty disappointed the first time I listened to a Ghost album but I'm not a 17 year old desperate for some indication I didn't miss literally every decent cool band by being born after the turn of the willennium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm actually not sure I would have liked them if I had any amount of hype before listening to them but my literal introduction was a free ticket to the iron maiden show in NYC that they opened for so yeah

Which leads me to a different stupid music poo poo: which dumb prick decided to ever put music shows in basketball stadiums? "Hmm, yes, you can hear every single sneaker squeak reverberate for like 5 seconds in this son of a bitch, this is the perfect place to play music"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chrpno posted:

The Classical Guitarist in me doesn't approve of this message.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I always sit down to play because I’m fat and lazy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Classical Guitarist in me doesn't approve of this message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpNQ9AJYgU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Chrpno posted:

shut your bitch rear end idiot mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKtAhJPZS6o

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpNQ9AJYgU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Didn't know Cornelius from Planet of the Apes had such singing chops.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

gently caress Your Website posted:

I was legit pretty disappointed the first time I listened to a Ghost album but I'm not a 17 year old desperate for some indication I didn't miss literally every decent cool band by being born after the turn of the willenium

i just listened to the first couple songs on this new album and thought it was alright. like, i probably won't seek out more or even listen to this one again, but i can see the appeal (esp to desperate 17yos). if nothing else, the very beginning with the kids singing had me :lol:ing and getting nostalgic for the your band sucks article where dr. thorpe ragged on coheed & cambria for doing that same silly poo poo to start one of their albums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
My first introduction to Ghost was years ago before they were massively huge, when I would constantly hear TRVEBLAKMETL people go on and on about this band that was "not traditional BM at all, but TOTALLY true harcore satanists and would do satanic rituals and everything and worship satan and probably sacrifice animals and practice magic and no one knows their identities because they are just that hardcore and satanic satan satan satan!!"