Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

WE HAVEN'T HAD FISH FINGERS. This is a NG DFAC that hasn't been used since last month.

Bro that's some old loving fry oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You know how well NG DFACs get cleaned? Well enough to get us the gently caress back to home station ASAP.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

You know how well NG DFACs get cleaned? Well enough to get us the gently caress back to home station ASAP.

Yep. And I've gotten food poisoning from them multiple times.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

I got a case of the shits from one of those so bad I remember it 25 years later.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm sure I got the shits at some point but in five years of those DFACs no one gastrointestinal issue is memorable to me. Even the meat gravy on toast had me going for seconds.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I got dysentery in Afghanistan. So did like 80% of the platoon. What a lovely two or so weeks that was. At one point I had an NCO yelling at me because I was holding the portoshitter door open to vomit in the gravel while simultaneously pissing out of my rear end.

It was bad.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

I'm sure I got the shits at some point but in five years of those DFACs no one gastrointestinal issue is memorable to me. Even the meat gravy on toast had me going for seconds.

The only time I got sick eating military food was while deployed.

Just goes to show how hosed a diner/restaurant has to be to get you hosed up.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Korean DFACs made me (what felt like) deathly ill twice, and after round 2 I was not going to give them the chance to finish me off.

gently caress I was sick, I could poo poo through the eye of a needle at 3 paces.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

mlmp08 posted:

I just pretty much swore off fast food because the McRib came back and I got food poisoning.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

mlmp08 posted:

I found a band-aid in my food at the Fort Hood reception DFAC. I took the tray back to the line and got yelled at. Didn't get sick though.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The armory where the meals are being cooked had a mouse infestation a few months ago. My units soldiers were tasked to "assist" with cleanup (i.e. do all the mouse poo poo cleanup whole one cook watched).

I shut that poo poo the gently caress down. I don't gently caress with hantavirus.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

I got dysentery in Afghanistan. So did like 80% of the platoon. What a lovely two or so weeks that was. At one point I had an NCO yelling at me because I was holding the portoshitter door open to vomit in the gravel while simultaneously pissing out of my rear end.

It was bad.

Yeah, we got it too. I had no idea poo poo could sound, smell, or move like that.

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 13, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Our medics on our little COP had to pull KP and hosed it up and never cleared the soap off. ~350 dudes all got the runs.

We had four burn shitters.

The guys on doody duty were not pleased.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never got sick at a DFAC, but the eggs at the Marine chow hall at Asadabad tasted like they were dumping cigarette ash in them. I think I had an MRE instead.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Lol @ all y'all's lovely GI systems.

The only time I got sick was when I visited my uncle's dairy farm and had a heaping bowl of cereal with unpasteurized milk. Hoooo boy was that fun

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nice and hot piss posted:

Lol @ all y'all's lovely GI systems.

The only time I got sick was when I visited my uncle's dairy farm and had a heaping bowl of cereal with unpasteurized milk. Hoooo boy was that fun

My sister in law would say that it's because the pasteurized milk you've been drinking has been poisoning your body and the raw milk is simply using its curative powers on you.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Well God bless her

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Soulex posted:

Well God bless her

In the southern sense.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

During the build up in Kuwait I got dysentery from the Brit contracted DFAC. A bunch of other did too, mainly because while they were using potable water for all the cooking, they were rinsing the salad in the local water. It's 9 million loving degrees, and I didn't want to eat heavy, so all I was eating was bread, yogurt, and salad. At least I got it in Kuwait before the push- more than a few guys got it over the border.

I actually got rated by the VA because my stomach is permanently hosed up from it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bulletsponge13 posted:

During the build up in Kuwait I got dysentery from the Brit contracted DFAC. A bunch of other did too, mainly because while they were using potable water for all the cooking, they were rinsing the salad in the local water. It's 9 million loving degrees, and I didn't want to eat heavy, so all I was eating was bread, yogurt, and salad. At least I got it in Kuwait before the push- more than a few guys got it over the border.

I actually got rated by the VA because my stomach is permanently hosed up from it.

Same. I got the IBS.

The few people I’ve told think it’s ridiculous that I get 10% because I poop a lot.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Staff PT must be something they teach at CGSC. Strangely the S3's never want to do staff PT but once they become the XO they're all about it.

There's no way they can be oblivious to the fact that nobody wants to do staff PT. In the same way that a division or corps commander can't be oblivious to the fact that nobody wants to do a corps run.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Weren't they going to establish some kind of junior enlisted adviser to the SMA on poo poo like this joes care about?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Can you even imagine what kinda moto dude would be selected for that

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's an inherently flawed plan.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Do PT on your own until you fail an APFT then I give you to the NCO that has an uncanny resemblance to Duke Nukem and can fit his entire head of hair under their hand. Once you pass back to big boy rules. I haven’t had anyone fail in a while.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
A little bit off the normal gently caress the army mode, but I just had two of my four man team ETS this week. They weren't always the most soldiery soldiers but they worked for me.

Honest question especially for people in the National Guard how did you let go of your old Joe's?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

Same. I got the IBS.

The few people I’ve told think it’s ridiculous that I get 10% because I poop a lot.

I don't remember what I'm rated, but it had the typical "this is the highest rating for this condition" nonsense., so probably 10%.

And it's funny, until it's not. I can't eat anything spicier than buffalo wings and I loved spicy food. The worst is the constant loose stools- I was very excited when I had solid poop for three days. It's was glorious.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Wasabi the J posted:

A little bit off the normal gently caress the army mode, but I just had two of my four man team ETS this week. They weren't always the most soldiery soldiers but they worked for me.

Honest question especially for people in the National Guard how did you let go of your old Joe's?

You look at yourself and wonder why you didn't make the smart choice

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

I just showed up to a drill and nobody said poo poo and then I wasn't required to show up to the next drill.

My last one was in January and it's now June and I haven't gotten any paperwork, or a single email or phone call from anybody at the unit. It's like I ceased to exist. Normally I'd be pissed but I finally got my DD-214/NGB-22 and honorable discharge thing, and I'm using my lovely, lovely GI bill, so it's awesome and gently caress everybody.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Did you turn your gear in

That's all they really care about in ng

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I did.

Last August*.

Then I was exempted from doing anything or even really going to the field, except sometimes just in a private sleeping bag in a FL4.

*It was the final threat from the new commander to hammer home a pending fatty discharge. I just always said "ok" and volunteered to do poo poo afterwards and it worked out.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Flikken posted:

You look at yourself and wonder why you didn't make the smart choice

I have a few months left. Sorry it's not cool to care but I really do.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wasabi the J posted:

Look for your unit's alumni organization (may have to look at the higher hq for it).

Or just get people's address's. I get a christmas card every year from a couple of dudes I was in with. It's nice.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Where does the shamming warrant officer stereotype come from?

I work with quite a few as an S4 and those dudes get a crazy amount of work dumped on them.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Mustang posted:

Where does the shamming warrant officer stereotype come from?

I work with quite a few as an S4 and those dudes get a crazy amount of work dumped on them.

It isn't that they're shamming, it's just that their work seems to get magically done without anyone noticing--then they disappear.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
As I understand it from the Warrants I've known, it's because they're uncommon ranks, you have to be at a battalion level or higher to work with them, and the vast majority of the lower ranks never even see them. Plus, generally speaking if they're doing their job well then they're invisible in the process of making things happen.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I would have stayed in if I could have gone warrant

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Soulex posted:

I would have stayed in if I could have gone warrant

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

As I understand it from the Warrants I've known, it's because they're uncommon ranks, you have to be at a battalion level or higher to work with them, and the vast majority of the lower ranks never even see them. Plus, generally speaking if they're doing their job well then they're invisible in the process of making things happen.

Only if you're in a line unit. Signal, MI, aviation, etc. have them all over. I feel like people's perspective assuming they're combat arms at the company level or below have a super limited perspective on how the Army actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

DoktorLoken posted:

I feel like people's perspective assuming they're combat arms at the company level or below have a super limited perspective on how the Army actually works.

100%