Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Shibawanko posted:

When he gets upset his voice gets all sing song like some kind of tropical bird.

Or pissed-off iambic pentameter spat through closed teeth

God, to have his gravitas...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Uh oh, here we go again!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Avery Brooks is working on another plane of acting that nobody else has been able to reach. Dont judge him by our puny, pathetic mortal standards

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Shibawanko posted:

I just watched DS9 "The Ship", the episode with Kilana, the Vorta lady.

It's a really good episode but a little weird, the crew get all BSG-like and pissed off at eachother, Obrien even almost punches Worf and Dax is snarky which all seems a little out of character. It also has Kilana:

To be fair, O'Brien was pissed off at Worf for suggesting that they should mercy kill that engineer.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Low Desert Punk posted:

Avery Brooks is working on another plane of acting that nobody else has been able to reach. Dont judge him by our puny, pathetic mortal standards

its this

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Riker and Guinan loving with Wesley in The Dauphin is so drat fun

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

His is one of my favorite performances ever

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
in all seriousness friends, the voyager episode with serial killer brad dourif unironically owns bones

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Honestly Voyager has it's moments it's just really really lazy and kinda sticks in mediocre Trek episode hell 90% of the time.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I wish sci-fi franchises that could actually give Brad Dourif interesting alien characters didn't keep having him play serial killers. B5 was even worse, he would have been such a good Minbari!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Gorelab posted:

Honestly Voyager has it's moments it's just really really lazy and kinda sticks in mediocre Trek episode hell 90% of the time.

Are we over this yet?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gorelab posted:

Yeah it's biggest problem is that there are maybe 30 episodes out of the whole series that I can remember, because the vast majority just kind of blur together where not much happens.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I've tried to rewatch some of the episodes from one of those "the best voyager episodes ever" online lists and no they are not good sorry

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Are we over this yet?

This should be in the OP of all future Trek threads as Voyager.jpg

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shibawanko posted:

I've tried to rewatch some of the episodes from one of those "the best voyager episodes ever" online lists and no they are not good sorry

The Thaw.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
From the Discovery thread:

Barry Convex posted:

The showrunners were just fired halfway through production of S2, for budget overruns and abusing the writers.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-showrunners-alex-kurtzman-take-1120416

Kurtzman is now sole showrunner.

:yikes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Gul Dukat is handsome and I want to marry him.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Pick posted:

If Dukat was unavailable, would you settle for Gul Macet?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Pick posted:

I just finished watching Maquis Part I & II. I really enjoy the combination of his helping to stop the outbreak of war and trying to prevent Cardassian orphans from being left behind while egging on the Maquis and the Federation to kill each other and use Cardassian torture tactics. Best Star Trek villain ever, excluding the Borg

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

I just rewatched Civil Disobedience and the way Garak calls him out for trying to flirt with Kira is still hilarious af

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

I just rewatched Civil Disobedience and the way Garak calls him out for trying to flirt with Kira is still hilarious af

It is super funny.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Well, if no one else is going to say it, I will:

lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

galenanorth posted:

I just finished watching Maquis Part I & II. I really enjoy the combination of his helping to stop the outbreak of war and trying to prevent Cardassian orphans from being left behind while egging on the Maquis and the Federation to kill each other and use Cardassian torture tactics. Best Star Trek villain ever, excluding the Borg

"villian"?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean there's all the murder, fascism, attempted genocide, sexual assault, betrayal and whatnot. That seems pretty villainous.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nodosaur posted:

I mean there's all the murder, fascism, attempted genocide, sexual assault, betrayal and whatnot. That seems pretty villainous.

And then he's like satan or something at the end. that's fine. it's fine.

I mean, I'm an American from the year 2018, so

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shibawanko posted:

It's a "best of Voyager" list, not a "good episodes of Voyager" list.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

More of a "least worst of Voyager"

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Discovery is going to be even more hot garbage. Only even more desperate now too!

Expect a visit from the USS Enterprise ASAP... oh wait.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

hearsay, with all the credibility of warship voyager

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

jeeves posted:

Discovery is going to be even more hot garbage. Only even more desperate now too!

Expect a visit from the USS Enterprise ASAP... oh wait.

computer: maximum lols

*pensive beeping*

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The showrunners were only abusive of the writers so during the last ten minutes of writing the last episode they could give a speech about why abusing writers is bad, then give the dumbest writer the ability to fire all writers.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

The showrunners were only abusive of the writers so during the last ten minutes of writing the last episode they could give a speech about why abusing writers is bad, then give the dumbest writer the ability to fire all writers.

a little convoluted but a solid 8/10 nonetheless

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Talk about life imitating art

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

Technically it's a Bajoran lightship, not a plane.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

lol

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

Sources say the decision to oust Berg and Harberts was based not on the creative but instead for leadership and operational issues. Production on Discovery's first five episodes of season two are near completion, with Kurtzman likely taking over for episode six and beyond. Berg and Harberts, who were longtime collaborators with original showrunner Fuller, will likely still be credited on the episodes they oversaw. Sources say the budget for the season two premiere ballooned, with the overages expected to come out of subsequent episodes from Discovery's sophomore run. Insiders also stress that Berg and Harberts became increasingly abusive to the Discovery writing staff, with Harberts said to have leaned across the writers room table while shouting an expletive at a member of the show's staff. Multiple writers are said to have been uncomfortable working on the series and had threatened to file a complaint with human resources or quit the series altogether before informing Kurtzman of the issues surrounding Berg and Harberts. After hearing rumors of HR complaints, Harberts is said to have threatened the staff to keep concerns with the production an internal matter.

lol

They hosed up the season opener budget and then started taking it out on the writers, given the description of events.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Me sometime next year: "Man, I thought the first few episodes were okay, but the rest of the season just being shot for shot remakes of Shades of Gray with the original TNG clips intact was really weird."

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

That episode is a good example of what I don't like about the show though. It's this gloomy gothic horror in space thing where every alien is basically evil or has some debilitating thing going on like the vidiians because it's the spooky quadrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Delta Quadrant's still probably got a lower proportion of rear end in a top hat aliens than the Gamma Quadrant...