Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiber
Nov 18, 2012
About how long is the playtime for the expac?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fiber posted:

yeah, trying to figure out the dollar-to-hour ratio? either a billion new hard splatoon levels sounds cool to you or not man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fiber posted:

It's 3 minutes long

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

extremebuff posted:

yeah, trying to figure out the dollar-to-hour ratio? either a billion new hard splatoon levels sounds cool to you or not man

I'm just curious.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

fiber posted:

I'm just curious.

i'm about halfway in and played maybe 4 hours, i think? it doesn't keep track of time and its hard to know whether i have a bunch of hard levels or easy levels left.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

i'm about halfway in and played maybe 4 hours, i think? it doesn't keep track of time and its hard to know whether i have a bunch of hard levels or easy levels left.

Thanks, that's cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol pearl used to be a in a punk group, there's so much Lore to be discovered

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i bought ssplat2 plus xpac for full price when they announced it was coming out the next day . i got owned

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

oh hey, splatoon 2 is on sale for 20 bucks off on the eshop

Oh poo poo. Thanks.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b_d posted:

i bought ssplat2 plus xpac for full price when they announced it was coming out the next day . i got owned

I don't blame you, I almost did the same.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think im on the final zone of the base SP. this game is good. the third boss actually killed me once lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Octo expansion is much harder, and taught some stuff about certain specials I didn't really know before which was cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Octo expansion is much harder, and taught some stuff about certain specials I didn't really know before which was cool

im hearing its the dark souls of splatoon.

honestly getting killed in the SP was cooled cause the SP for the first game was a total joke

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's more like the Portal 2 Of Splatoon.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

its bizarre that they made it cost in game currency to play each level

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The final boss and cutscenes around it are incredible

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Being snippy to my bf cause im mad at the dlc boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Being snippy to my bf cause im mad at the dlc boss.

Lol. Which part?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

self-medicating with mario odyssey moons every 20-30 deaths

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

In Training posted:

Lol. Which part?

The Splashdown has been pwning me, the few times I've even got that far. This boss has killed me like 30 times so far.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

its bizarre that they made it cost in game currency to play each level

i think its meant to be catering to the hardcore speedrunning crowd, as loving up too many times during the run will put you out of the run entirely.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
WTF THE BOSS IS SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Ohh my god help me someoneeee

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Omg i did it it was so hard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this sounds epic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nintendo hard

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ok thats it im getting this now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Omg i did it it was so hard

If you beat every level it unlocks a TLB variant of that fight that's even harder :getin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

i think its meant to be catering to the hardcore speedrunning crowd, as loving up too many times during the run will put you out of the run entirely.

it's more like a bonus score for once you finish it. If you run out of money Marina just wires you extra cash so you can just keep playing, but you owe her the money back. If you finish the game with extra points you can turn them in for capsule bonuses like from salmon run, it's just a little bonus. It's a weird way to present it and seems wildly punitive on the surface presentation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The end of this expansion gave me big time Sonic Adventure moods, in the same way the end of Mario Odyssey did

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Just started playing the base game... I was a drat fool for not playing the first one for wii u when I had the chance because this game rules

In Training posted:

The end of this expansion gave me big time Sonic Adventure moods, in the same way the end of Mario Odyssey did

hype to get to this however many hours from now

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleng Teng posted:

Just started playing the base game... I was a drat fool for not playing the first one for wii u when I had the chance because this game rules
It's insanely good but the Switch experience is very similar.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sleng Teng posted:

Same. It's too much fun.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's insanely good but the Switch experience is very similar.

Basically the switch experience is just more polished and fun, you didn’t miss much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you missed the game launching with 4 maps and one mode for a month because they were assuming people who owned a Wii U had never played a competitive video game in their life

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the arrows are squids

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the finla stretch of the SP is surprisingly challenging lol. also splatfest this weekend, OJ with..or without pulp

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
still thinking about how epic octo is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Team no pulp. Im not a fan of OJ though id rather jsut eat an orange, one of my favorite foods. Something is lost in translation to other formats.

• Locked thread