Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I didn't see this posted here and if it was already, oops.

I'm sure someone will find this video interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ilk4HYO6Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Funzo posted:

FFG announced some 2.0 launch tournaments for Gen Con. $80 and you get a core set and either a Y-Wing or a TIE advance, plus some unspecified extra stuff. Tickets go on sale Saturday at noon eastern time.

Sometimes I regret being busy all convention. This is one of those times.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

Sometimes I regret being busy all convention. This is one of those times.

Same. There's so much to do and look at, I can't bring myself to get held down at a tournament for hours on end.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Trying to think of a 1.0 list to play in some tournaments over the summer. I definitely want Ryad in the list as she is one of my favorite pilots. I also wanted to maybe to try a Reaper with Krennic giving the optimized prototype to Ryad.
Anyone thinking of trying an optimized prototyped Tie Defender?

Here is what I was thinking:

Countess Ryad (36)
-Twin Ion Engine Mk. II
-Tie/x7
-Push the Limit

Delta Squadron Pilot (32)
-Shield Upgrade
-Tie/x7

Scarif Base Pilot (32)
-Lightweight Frame
-Advanced Ailerons
-Director Krennic
-Rebel Captive

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Paying the points to upgrade the Reaper to the PS6 one is probably worth more than a single shield upgrade.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

hoiyes posted:

Paying the points to upgrade the Reaper to the PS6 one is probably worth more than a single shield upgrade.

Maybe drop the delta and go with Omega Leader and VI Vermeil up to 8 to try and take advantage of jam?

Countess Ryad (36)
-Twin Ion Engine Mk. II
-Tie/x7
-Push the Limit

Major Vermeil (37)
-Lightweight Frame
-Advanced Ailerons
-Veteran Instincts
-Director Krennic
-Rebel Captive

Omega Leader (26)
-Juke
-Comm Relay

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Optimized prototype is odd in that you want it on something that's going to shoot first (to strip shields, and not be wasted if something else strips them first) but you prob also want it on your least threatening ship to draw hate away from something more important (like Wampa did in the old ImpAssholes list)

I'd say put it on either a generic PS6 defender or Countdown. Countdown with OP is annoying enough that you'd want to kill him first bit his ability ensures they waste at lease 1 attack a round.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Optimized prototype is odd in that you want it on something that's going to shoot first (to strip shields, and not be wasted if something else strips them first) but you prob also want it on your least threatening ship to draw hate away from something more important (like Wampa did in the old ImpAssholes list)

I'd say put it on either a generic PS6 defender or Countdown. Countdown with OP is annoying enough that you'd want to kill him first bit his ability ensures they waste at lease 1 attack a round.

Countdown is seriously underrated.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Major Vermeil (37)
-Lightweight Frame
-Advanced Ailerons
-VI
-Director Krennic
-Rebel Captive

Countess Ryad (40)
-Shield Upgrade
-Tie/x7
-Expertise

Countdown (22)
-Lightweight Frame
-Adaptive Ailerons

Put the optimized prototype on countdown. Major Vermeil tries to jam/keep target locks from Krennic. Countess Ryad does Ryad things and fly Countdown super aggressive?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I’ve had some success annoying my opponents with Countdown with a stealth device. Since you can cancel results and take a damage, you don’t lose the SD.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Countdown rules, definitely my favourite Striker pilot.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AndyElusive posted:

I didn't see this posted here and if it was already, oops.

I'm sure someone will find this video interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ilk4HYO6Q

If this is the one I think it is, there were literally two new bits of info, Wampa and Rexler. Both very solid.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’ve had some success annoying my opponents with Countdown with a stealth device. Since you can cancel results and take a damage, you don’t lose the SD.

This is brilliant!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

If this is the one I think it is, there were literally two new bits of info, Wampa and Rexler. Both very solid.

Yup, this is the one.

Wampa at 14:00
Rexler at 14:13

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Ringo Star Get posted:

That's hilarious and I'm absolutely trying it tomorrow night. Going to play something based on the escalation game with threat level cards in 2.0. Essentially each player makes a list with three ships - one costing up to 15pts, one costing up to 25pts, and one costing up to 35pts. Both start with their 15pt ship on the table. As soon as a player's ship is destroyed, they bring the next one in on their table edge. There are never more than two ships on the table at a time. Last ship standing wins. Seems like a perfect chance to try a squirrelly Countdown.

I know the Rebel conversion kit content list was leaked, but it seemed like less pilots than I expected - I thought FFG said we'd wind up with more pilots than we had in 1.0? Having just 2 generics and 2 named for most ships seems lackluster. Any hints as to where more pilots will come from?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BuffaloChicken posted:

Any hints as to where more pilots will come from?

2.0 ship specific ex-packs.

Otto Xander
Dec 5, 2013
I've made some updates to the 2.0 ship comparisons that were posted a few pages back. The new turret arc icons should be closer to FFG's card graphics (I eyeballed it from some low-res images online) and I've matched the fonts used as well.

Light card gallery | PDF

Dark card gallery | PDF

I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. I just pre-ordered Saw's Renegades and the TIE Reaper so I should get a better look at the 2.0 icons in case I want to make any further changes.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/15/transporting-terror/

2e Reaper confirmed to be a BEAST.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Otto Xander posted:

I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. I just pre-ordered Saw's Renegades and the TIE Reaper so I should get a better look at the 2.0 icons in case I want to make any further changes.

Ya these are pretty awesome and a great at a glance quick reference.

I like being able to see the differences between 1.0 and 2.0 dials and statlines so thanks for this.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Who wants some salty homebrew rules

Can you guess which ships this guy really hates(Also lol at those bomb changes)

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 15, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Lol those are so specific

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The Adaptability and VI changes are hilarious.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Jesus the Expertise one.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Most of these are reasonable. Most of the bad ones are only bad because they didn't also reduce the cost. A couple are hilarious, like the bomb one, or Punishing One

Changes I like:
Blaster Turret
Extra Munitions
R2-D2
R3-A2
Slave 1
Latts Razzi

Changes that need cost reduction:
Twin Laser Turret
Expertise
Bomblet Generator
Push the Limit (maybe)

My biggest concern with the Adapt/VI changes are that, if PS is capped to 9, then advanced sensors Kylo Ren becomes untouchable.

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 15, 2018

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, most of these are totally fine changes to overpowered bullshit that have been insituted in one way or another in 2e.

AS Kylo gets concerning, for sure, but no more so than Corran, Miranda, or Poe.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, most of these are totally fine changes to overpowered bullshit that have been insituted in one way or another in 2e.

AS Kylo gets concerning, for sure, but no more so than Corran, Miranda, or Poe.

Do you mean OP BS in 1.0? Cause that's what it is for.

ConfusedUs posted:

Most of these are reasonable. Most of the bad ones are only bad because they didn't also reduce the cost. A couple are hilarious, like the bomb one, or Punishing One

Changes I like:
Blaster Turret
Extra Munitions
R2-D2
R3-A2
Slave 1
Latts Razzi

Changes that need cost reduction:
Twin Laser Turret
Expertise
Bomblet Generator
Push the Limit (maybe)

My biggest concern with the Adapt/VI changes are that, if PS is capped to 9, then advanced sensors Kylo Ren becomes untouchable.
Ok fine, yes, alot are great, but still, it's pretty funny that he clearly was targetting rebel ships with this.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

R3-A2 becomes unusable, Expertise becomes unusable, VI and Adaptability are almost unusable, PTL becomes effectively Soontir only, no changes to Harpoons

That guy has a clear agenda and really bad ideas about the game

Edit: also his stated goal was to make dice mods less prevelant then he made Fenn Rau trash. Lol

alg fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 16, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ok fine, yes, alot are great, but still, it's pretty funny that he clearly was targetting rebel ships with this.

Haha yeah, absolutely.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Do you mean OP BS in 1.0? Cause that's what it is for.

Yes, changes to OP BS from 1e that have been instituted in 2e.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Ok whatever, I just refuse to play with a ruleset called "FUNWING"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Finster Dexter posted:

Ok whatever, I just refuse to play with a ruleset called "FUNWING"

lol like anyone will ever actually PLAY houseruled x wing

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

bunnyofdoom posted:

when you're not mad

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

"aiming purely to make pew pew fun again"

:suicide:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
"im not mar! im not mad!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a first order tie fighter

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Seriously read him trying to defend his bomb changes on Reddit.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Seriously read him trying to defend his bomb changes on Reddit.

Save me the agony of having to visit Reddit?

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

AndyElusive posted:

Save me the agony of having to visit Reddit?

No one should ever visit reddit

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Does vizier's ability count as a red or white coordinate??? :ffg:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

hoiyes posted:

Does vizier's ability count as a red or white coordinate??? :ffg:

Pretty sure it's red since that's the difficulty of the action standard reapers can take. Unless you have a tac officer on board, then the coordinate is white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

AndyElusive posted:

"aiming purely to make pew pew fun again"

:suicide:

I just seasoned a few steaks with that huge pile of salt.