Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anyone who reads about Hardwick and decides they just shouldn't date, probably shouldn't date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm the equality craze

Sit tight dude, soon we'll be back on beanie babies or disco or some poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

If they're afraid to date women it's because they know that their form of "respect" is bullshit.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Is it even necessary to say this? "this is horrible and all but did you know that she was a bitch? makes u think"

Like it makes you look petty and misogynistic. A dude was monstrously abusive to a woman and you have to go "I'm not saying she deserves it, but". This is the "I'm not racist, but" of talking about abusive relationships.

Shockingly enough when someone was pretty awful to people you know online gets a comeuppance it feels good for a bit but then you realise how awful that is. Had a similar thing for the very very earliest part of gamergate and god knows what a dreadful vile cesspool that was.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i dont know how anyone could listen to his personal podcast with his incessant and belligerent need to talk over everyone else and NOT think he'd amp that up on a woman

e god drat i suck at grammar

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Not really sure what the logic here is. "Don't compare an enormous piece of poo poo to a different piece of poo poo, because something that's not poo poo might get mistaken for it"?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

ookiimarukochan posted:

gets a comeuppance

Jesus, dude, don't double down on "she deserved to be abused".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1007654501422190592?s=21

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ookiimarukochan posted:

Shockingly enough when someone was pretty awful to people you know online gets a comeuppance it feels good for a bit but then you realise how awful that is. Had a similar thing for the very very earliest part of gamergate and god knows what a dreadful vile cesspool that was.

Uhhh... Being abused and sexually assaulted/raped is not "comeuppance". Like Jesus Christ, dude.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Not really sure what the logic here is. "Don't compare an enormous piece of poo poo to a different piece of poo poo, because something that's not poo poo might get mistaken for it"?

kinda like when homophobes get shamed and Christians come out of the woodwork saying they're afraid they're next

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I haven’t heard that Cotton Eye Joe joke since the song was almost current. Nextdoor still bringing out the ‘classics’ it seems.

Honestly thought when I clicked the feed for THE DAILY LEFT that it was going to be some obvious right wing account pretending to be leftist and... it wasn’t. Genuinely surprised at how bad a take that is from a legitimate account, and not one just poo poo stirring.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I guess emails aren't really social media, but gently caress it, I found it on twitter.
https://twitter.com/LockPickingLwyr/status/1007613178249965569

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I haven’t heard that Cotton Eye Joe joke since the song was almost current. Nextdoor still bringing out the ‘classics’ it seems.

Honestly thought when I clicked the feed for THE DAILY LEFT that it was going to be some obvious right wing account pretending to be leftist and... it wasn’t. Genuinely surprised at how bad a take that is from a legitimate account, and not one just poo poo stirring.

He goes on to rant about SJWs and feminists so...he still might be

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"I'm a poet, specifically"

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

ookiimarukochan posted:

Had a similar thing for the very very earliest part of gamergate
I bet you loving did.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

This is a whole new level of clickbait. Make an intentionally vague statement and then post a "clarification" on your website, then link it to anyone who calls you out on your original lovely tweet. Incredible.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/asscredit/status/1007678099306221569

Answer:

https://twitter.com/meowjesty/status/1007008829115158528

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, my friend and the person she was with are totally within their rights to be pissed at how the entirety of the situation played out. Yeah she should have mentioned the allergy, but the restaurant charging her for both dishes and trivializing it is hosed up.

I just found it stupid that the chef person, while coming off as a bit crass saying that she should mention she has an allergy when ordering, gets leaped on by the random white knight who equates it with victim blaming and ends it with "enjoy your time in the service industry".

Yeah, that's what I use.

I'm still going to go with the chef is being a dick. He's more worried about having to make something twice than the incredibly poor customer service received by the OP. Yeah dude, it's a good idea to mention fatal allergies regardless of what you're ordering just in case, but you can get that idea across in one sentence instead multiple paragraphs about how much of a burden it is on you. Also the UK does this cool thing where they have a special list on request that lists their menu items and the common allergens and dietary restrictions they'd run afoul of.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Cythereal posted:

In the parlance of video games, "playersexual" has a specific meaning. When Bioware made Dragon Age 2, they made all four romance options available to both genders, but said it wasn't that all four were bisexual - that in any given game their sexuality happened to be whatever the player is. There was a bit of a backlash against that in the Bioware fandom, leading subsequent games to have explicitly straight, bi, and gay characters rather than 'playersexual.'
It's nice to know that the nebulous Bioware fandom is the reason that I've never been able to work up the energy to finish Dragon Age Inquisition. The only character I'm even a little interested in is apparently hard coded to not be into me. I'm sure that pretending like the NPCs in a video game have their own preferences is a great victory for... something.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I CAN'T FIND A SOURCE, BUT I KNOW

So like, can we stop blocking these people's names out, or what?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I CAN'T FIND A SOURCE, BUT I KNOW

So like, can we stop blocking these people's names out, or what?

If it's a public page, it tends to be fair game.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

NorgLyle posted:

It's nice to know that the nebulous Bioware fandom is the reason that I've never been able to work up the energy to finish Dragon Age Inquisition. The only character I'm even a little interested in is apparently hard coded to not be into me. I'm sure that pretending like the NPCs in a video game have their own preferences is a great victory for... something.

On the other hand, 'playersexual' and lazily written bisexual characters tend to be painfully gender-neutral in their writing (because it takes effort and money to do otherwise). Every bisexual person I've known has been attracted to different things in men and women, and related to different genders a bit differently. One of my annoyances with games that offer romance options is when bisexual ones never so much as mention your character's gender. Giving characters actual orientations does in theory help with that and make NPCs seem a bit more real.

In theory. Personally I always enjoy the rage from chuds when an attractive female character in a video game is a lesbian, completely aside from being a good step for LGBT representation in its own right.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

there wolf posted:

I'm still going to go with the chef is being a dick. He's more worried about having to make something twice than the incredibly poor customer service received by the OP. Yeah dude, it's a good idea to mention fatal allergies regardless of what you're ordering just in case, but you can get that idea across in one sentence instead multiple paragraphs about how much of a burden it is on you. Also the UK does this cool thing where they have a special list on request that lists their menu items and the common allergens and dietary restrictions they'd run afoul of.

yeah but it is a burden on chefs when dipshits with bad allergies don't mention them. that restaurant handled the situation wrong, Cass handled it wrong, the only person not in the wrong is the chef being called a "victim-blamer" for correctly pointing out that any chef is going to be cursing at you from the kitchen for making their night harder due to being too stupid to mention your loving deadly allergy.

making something twice might sound like no big deal to people who have never worked in a kitchen on a busy night, but it totally ruins the flow of orders for the next 10 minutes. it makes other orders take more time. it's not a huge wrench in the cogs or anything, but it's still annoying as gently caress and Cass should know that her misbehavior affects more people than herself.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cythereal posted:

On the other hand, 'playersexual' and lazily written bisexual characters tend to be painfully gender-neutral in their writing (because it takes effort and money to do otherwise). Every bisexual person I've known has been attracted to different things in men and women, and related to different genders a bit differently. One of my annoyances with games that offer romance options is when bisexual ones never so much as mention your character's gender. Giving characters actual orientations does in theory help with that and make NPCs seem a bit more real.

In theory. Personally I always enjoy the rage from chuds when an attractive female character in a video game is a lesbian, completely aside from being a good step for LGBT representation in its own right.

Yea I agree with you. It's much better to have an actual sexual preference locked in than just "Is interested in the player". Because, yea I know it's a video game, but it will always pull some people like me out when situations like the above happen.

Now if only we can get writing on characters that pursue the player instead of the other way around.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

there wolf posted:

I'm a little of column A, little of column B tbh, he goes on a bit but "it should have been on the menu!!!" is a ridic complaint, the issue here is the lovely customer service + charging twice for the redo. I guess as a career hospo worker I get the frustration of having to redo something esp a food item which guaranteed has a razor margin, but luckily I work bars not kitchens so I can just do due diligence myself if I suspect someone has an allergy instead of having to rely on floorstaff to ask the right questions.

The legally required allergen lists are rad as hell though agreed. I write them for my current business but worked bar when they became a requirement and being able to just check a comprehensive list in response to a customer request is amazing. loving pain in the arse trying to get recipes out of bakers though.

Edit: Also, yeah, making it again is a massive burden and the only reason people don't realise that is because they've never worked kitchen. Food service is insane.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The correct thing here is "guest informs staff of allergy, restaurant caters to that". It's not a complicated interaction, and chefs that get pissy and bitchy about it give all of us a bad name.

I had a woman come through my place last week who ordered an omelette, and sent it back because the cheese wasn't melted, and didn't want another because she was terrified of us spitting in the remake. I made her an omelette myself correctly and took it to her, and had to like hostage negotiate her into accepting it and believe my apology for rushing it the first time. It's cooks like the one from the review up there that did this.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ularg posted:

Yea I agree with you. It's much better to have an actual sexual preference locked in than just "Is interested in the player". Because, yea I know it's a video game, but it will always pull some people like me out when situations like the above happen.

Now if only we can get writing on characters that pursue the player instead of the other way around.

And it's a bit academic now anyway because Bioware said that their next game, Anthem, will have no romances whatsoever.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
oh come the gently caress on, no one is talking about spitting in food. messing with people's food is absolutely awful and disgraceful. even joking about it is enough to get fired.

grumbling under your breath about stupid people is an entirely different thing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cythereal posted:

And it's a bit academic now anyway because Bioware said that their next game, Anthem, will have no romances whatsoever.

That's because it's multiplayer. We just have to romance each other.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ularg posted:

That's because it's multiplayer. We just have to romance each other.

Nah, they said there's a single player story and relationships with NPCs, too, just not romances.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Waterbed Wendy posted:

oh come the gently caress on, no one is talking about spitting in food. messing with people's food is absolutely awful and disgraceful. even joking about it is enough to get fired.

grumbling under your breath about stupid people is an entirely different thing.

Sorry for posting, my bad sorry

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Sorry for posting, my bad sorry

oh no, are you ok? didn't mean to upset you, hon.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ookiimarukochan posted:

So what terrible things have you done in your life that would make you deserving of rape as a comeuppance?

Or is that only for women?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Waterbed Wendy posted:

oh no, are you ok? didn't mean to upset you, hon.

The owns keep coming! Take it easy, champ.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"us chefs" says the 18 year old lol

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The owns keep coming! Take it easy, champ.

With my first response about the spitting I promise I wasn't try to own you or anything like that. I was honestly surprised by your response. I thought I was replying in a normal way, but I guess my use of "come the gently caress on" could be interpreted as aggressive. I'm sorry if my tone wasn't conveyed correctly. I was honestly expecting a reply furthering the conversation and when you seemed offended I felt it was ridiculous and you were being weirdly oversensitive. Upon re-reading I can see how it could have come across more angrily than I intended. Again, I am sorry you took it that way.

Have a Great Day.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

There seem to be a number of small fights brewing in this thread at the moment. Let's all take a step back, please.

Also, just a friendly reminder that nobody deserves rape or sexual assault. I can't believe I seem to need to say this.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
^^^^^

Sorry birdmod, didn't see that.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

With my first response about the spitting I promise I wasn't try to own you or anything like that. I was honestly surprised by your response. I thought I was replying in a normal way, but I guess my use of "come the gently caress on" could be interpreted as aggressive. I'm sorry if my tone wasn't conveyed correctly. I was honestly expecting a reply furthering the conversation and when you seemed offended I felt it was ridiculous and you were being weirdly oversensitive. Upon re-reading I can see how it could have come across more angrily than I intended. Again, I am sorry you took it that way.

Have a Great Day.

The point of my post was that there are plenty of chefs who will bend over backwards to cater to people with special dietary needs, but the shithead ones ruin the public perception of cooks in general, making the entire thing a challenge. My anecdote was an example of such a thing occurring.

I didn't continue the conversation with you because your post came off as pedantic and obtuse, and I didn't see any value in expending effort on you. Glad we cleared that up, your sarcastic apology notwithstanding. Take Care, Fellow Goon.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Panfilo posted:

Who was the unnamed woman that blackballed her? Why take the high road against someone that ruined your career?

Yeah, I was curious about that too.

I remember that I unfollowed Hardwick on Instagram because it was just a million photos of his honeymoon. Now I feel really bad for his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Alrighty, I tried to apologize but whatever, moving on Family Style:

Shared by Aunt:

Shared by Uncle: