Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

succ posted:

whats the point of gambling at level 1?

+exp items?

At level 1, many item categories only have 1 item in them and/or are very good for a low level character. Since there's only 1 item in the drop pool, you WILL get it from Kadala if you spend ~250 blood shards.

For example, a Monk can have the Rivera Dancers at level 1, which gives you this:

Lashing Tail Kick attacks 50% faster and deals 300% increased damage

At level 1 that's extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

At level 1, many item categories only have 1 item in them and/or are very good for a low level character. Since there's only 1 item in the drop pool, you WILL get it from Kadala if you spend ~250 blood shards.

For example, a Monk can have the Rivera Dancers at level 1, which gives you this:

Lashing Tail Kick attacks 50% faster and deals 300% increased damage

At level 1 that's extremely good.
And, when the stats on your level 1 legendary start to lose their luster, you can use the challenge rift reward mats to cube it, keeping the bonus but allowing you to use something with better stats in its place.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I presume that doing the challenge rift gives you the mats so you can cube that poo poo right away if necessary?

edit jesus christ. thanks.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Two season ago I did all the monk and DH set dungeons and decided each season I would do the dex set dungeons, then the int set dungeons, then the str set dungeons.

So last season I mained wiz and did the wiz set dungeons. I didn't get around to doing WD before burning out on the season.

I really don't want to do WD or barb or sader this season, I'd like to go back to monk or DH.

Which should I do? I love monk but I was looking at bounty builds and speed monk still relies on in-geom which suuuuuuuucks. Multishot DH is basically good at everything now.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Multishot. You'll clear as quick as wol monk without relying on ingeom. I did it last season. Super good times. You can do multishot m6 too until you get ue set up. Pretty smooth transition.

mewse
May 2, 2006

You convinced me. Leveling as DH sucks but whatever

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

succ posted:

whats the point of gambling at level 1?

+exp items?
Legendary loot tables are restricted at lower levels. At level 1 you can only get, say, 2 of the 12 possible legendary gloves. If you want 1 of those 2, by gambling at a low level you have 1 in 2 odds rather than the 1 in 12 odds at a higher level.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Wait, you actually like set dungeons? :wtc: I could understand clearing them for whatever wing reward you get or whatever, but doing them over again?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you haven't done them in the past year, they're fun now.

Not fun enough to do more than 1x each, but actually enjoyable.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Larrymer posted:

Wait, you actually like set dungeons? :wtc: I could understand clearing them for whatever wing reward you get or whatever, but doing them over again?

No I've never finished all of them so I thought it would be easy to crank out one or two classes every season but my dumb plan ended up ruining last season for me because I really don't like wizard all that much

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

5er posted:

I presume that doing the challenge rift gives you the mats so you can cube that poo poo right away if necessary?

Yup, you get just over 4 million gold, and also:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

mewse posted:

No I've never finished all of them so I thought it would be easy to crank out one or two classes every season but my dumb plan ended up ruining last season for me because I really don't like wizard all that much

It's a good strategy to spread the pain out over time. Just sounded like you were choosing your class based on doing them again this season and planned to redo them.

I'm glad I don't care about cosmetics much. Though I wish those cosmic wings weren't so drat hard to find. :swoon:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The wings take up too much space and are annoying so I have never equipped them.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

RCarr posted:

The wings take up too much space and are annoying so I have never equipped them.

This is exactly why I always equip them :v:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you're going to run act 1 for the leorics crown, here's a free couple of levels -

Kill Haedrigs wife as fast as possible. DON'T talk to Haedrig.

Quit, change difficulty to t6, and talk to Haedrig for a massive xp boost.

Then continue on through act 1

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I just noticed that one of the conquests is "level 3 gems to 65" even though one of the normal requirements for completing the journey is "level 3 gems to 70" :thunk:

I'm guessing its an easy conquest thrown in for people just trying to get tabs

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And one of the challenges is even to do a Conquest! Madness!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

I just noticed that one of the conquests is "level 3 gems to 65" even though one of the normal requirements for completing the journey is "level 3 gems to 70" :thunk:

The conquests haven't been updated in like 8 seasons

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Yup, you will get this conquest, speed T10, and GR75 just playing the game and doing the journey. Avarice as well, but depends on the rift, and if you're solo, otherwise, you can easily do it with some setup at the Act 5 ruins or a cow level. Usually there are at least 1-2 very easy conquests, but S14 gave us 4.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I still have no idea what class to play. I played Monk last season, and the wheel told me Barb this season, but ehhh

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

I still have no idea what class to play. I played Monk last season, and the wheel told me Barb this season, but ehhh

Hardcore ____

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Is the consensus still the class with the haedrigs gift to most quickly knock out seasonal chapters is still monk?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Feldegast42 posted:

The other thing is that the conquests are ostensibly a race to see who can finish them fastest, and you can still have the race aspect even if they expect most people to finish it eventually.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Logged in a bit too early.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm sure the other guy will be there after 5:00

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

5er posted:

Is the consensus still the class with the haedrigs gift to most quickly knock out seasonal chapters is still monk?

I think pestilence necro will be faster since the inna set is meh. Bell monk was last season.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you're going to run act 1 for the leorics crown, here's a free couple of levels -

Kill Haedrigs wife as fast as possible. DON'T talk to Haedrig.

Quit, change difficulty to t6, and talk to Haedrig for a massive xp boost.

Then continue on through act 1

I forget, at what what level are you supposed to start the A1 full clear? ~15? I didn't do it the last three seasons, might give it a whirl this time around.

5er posted:

No, Monk is getting their weakest set this season. It wasn't buffed during the last power creep and is really only best used for the Set Dungeon and much more importantly zdps healbot.

If you want to get maximum boost from Haedrig's Gift this season, go Crusader or Barbie.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dameius posted:

I forget, at what what level are you supposed to start the A1 full clear? ~15?

You can start it immediately I believe, as his crown was changed to drop starting at level 5.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do any classes work well with each other? Me and my friend will be playing through the season together, and neither of us have decided what class we are playing yet? Are there any duo's that work better than others or does it not really matter?

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

You can start it immediately I believe, as his crown was changed to drop starting at level 5.

Don't think it's worth it do start the act at level 1 because nobody has any movement abilities. Level 15 is better

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

RCarr posted:

Do any classes work well with each other? Me and my friend will be playing through the season together, and neither of us have decided what class we are playing yet? Are there any duo's that work better than others or does it not really matter?

It doesn't matter too much unless you are planning on running up the leaderboard. The most amount of effort I'd out into it is to go with a single target build if they go AoE or vice-versa, so one of you clears the rift and the other instagibs the RG.

DrSeRRoD posted:

Will it still drop with a socket at that low level or will you need to reroll?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Leoric's Crown will always have a socket.

You just won't get any gems to put in it for a while!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Just strip the legendary power from it and don't worry about it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I always think I'm gonna like Wizard but I never like Wizard

Gonna be either Wizard or Demon Hunter though. They're the two that I still need to master the set dungeons for.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Are Blizzard just dicks on purpose? Like, why 5 PST? Why not noon? That way everyone can play when they get home from work. But no, 8 PM for east coast, because gently caress you that’s why, probably.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Lordshmee posted:

Are Blizzard just dicks on purpose? Like, why 5 PST? Why not noon? That way everyone can play when they get home from work. But no, 8 PM for east coast, because gently caress you that’s why, probably.

Because most Americans in the continental US with day jobs will be off work by then.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
So what you’re saying is basically the opposite of me - Nobody may play before I can play! Bah.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah, honestly you can't wait 3 hours? Are you a fully grown adult, go read a book or something, maybe tidy up a bit

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Lordshmee posted:

So what you’re saying is basically the opposite of me - Nobody may play before I can play! Bah.

its u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

RCarr posted:

Are the people that reach GR100+ just lunatics who spend hundreds of hours playing?

i finally completed GR 94 last night with 1 minute remaining and some deaths on WOL monk a bit under 1.2k paragon, so they're probably lunatics