Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

DLC Inc posted:

i'm just glad we're out of the weirdo society Nero was within for DMC4 and into the hard city streets

You mean the Vatican?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

You mean the Vatican?

The Sword Vatican

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

The Colonel posted:

she literally is dressed like a normal person. don't get weird because a character wears clothes where you can see literally any part of their body. it's fine if you don't like the design but like this specific criticism doesn't really make any sense
Look, I'll drop it because there's no way you can convince me that her character wasn't designed to titillate horny 13 year olds, and I don't really want to change your mind either, but there's no way you can say that she "literally is dressed like a normal person". She's wearing a leather snap-button up collared crop apron thing(?) over a crop top, booty shorts and cowboy boots.

Right, so...

As much as I love DMC4, one thing I hope they roll back to is a more DMC3-style weapon-switching, with a more varied selection, but choosing only 2 to bring with you on a mission. 3 devil arms and 3 guns was manageable with a hot swap, but I wish we'd had more than that, but I also know that switching between more than 3 of each would be hell, if it were even possible on consoles.

I hope they keep the faster run speed from DMC4 and make it kick in earlier, like in the SE.

I hope they bring back double taunts from DMC1 (were they in DMC3?)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CordlessPen posted:

Look, I'll drop it because there's no way you can convince me that her character wasn't designed to titillate horny 13 year olds, and I don't really want to change your mind either, but there's no way you can say that she "literally is dressed like a normal person". She's wearing a leather snap-button up collared crop apron thing(?) over a crop top, booty shorts and cowboy boots.

You're right, a real person would never ever ever wear anything like that.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm literally looking at a woman wearing most of that poo poo right now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Holy poo poo I left my webcam on.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's one of the two acceptable fashions for midwest usa college-age girls. Maybe the other will be dlc (pajama bottoms, hooded sweatshirt).

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Pomp posted:

I'm literally looking at a woman wearing most of that poo poo right now

why aren't you looking at the dmc5 trailer

also waiting for taunts to show up in a gameplay trailer
itsuno please

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Jack Trades posted:

You're right, a real person would never ever ever wear anything like that.

In all fairness, there IS a difference between an actual flesh and blood woman choosing to wear an outfit, versus a fictional video game character who does not actually exist and literally has no choice over what clothes to wear. I'm not saying I agree with anybody here, but I've never been a big fan of this argument.

So Tameem's nowhere near this one, is that right?

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 15, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Something can be made to titillate but still be a realistic outfit an actual human woman would wear. Intent of the designer def matters, but imho acting like any time a female character or just a woman in general wears something revealing it's automatically bad is regressive af.

Especially in a series that regularly sexualizes its male characters w/r/t character design, as well. For as many 13yo boys out there are drooling over Lady or Trish or this new chick you also have a bunch of 13yo girls drooling over shirtless Dante and imagining him making out with his twin brother, so

e: ^^ yeah NT has nothing to do with this game

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

esperterra posted:

shirtless Dante and him making out with his twin brother

Links pls

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Poniard posted:

Links pls

ugh what is this yaoi for ants???

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's a shame that Nero and Dante aren't prettyboiz they were in DMC4 anymore.
DMC4 Dante in particular is definitely the most handsome one.

esperterra posted:

Especially in a series that regularly sexualizes its male characters w/r/t character design, as well. For as many 13yo boys out there are drooling over Lady or Trish or this new chick you also have a bunch of 13yo girls drooling over shirtless Dante and imagining him making out with his twin brother, so

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DMC4 Dante was so goddamn beautiful. 'twas glorious.

I'm imagining he'll still be beautiful, the shot we've seen of him so far is just, um, unfortunate.

Nero's still a pretty boi just w/o the luxurious hair.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Crappy Jack posted:

So Tameem's nowhere near this one, is that right?

NT's off doing Microsoft things and their own indie stuff.

Jack Trades posted:

It's a shame that Nero and Dante aren't prettyboiz they were in DMC4 anymore.

DILFs May Cry is just as acceptable to me :swoon:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is Dante gonna kiss a man in this game

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pomp posted:

Is Dante gonna kiss a man in this game

We can dream.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dante gonna kiss a big ol demon right on the cheek and he's gonna get really mad but also he's blushing

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hire me itsuno

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Devil May Bi.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Apparently they scanned this man for Dante's model. I don't think we have to worry much about Dante looking ugly in this game.

I'm also totally in for Bi Dante, tbh.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Apparently they scanned this man for Dante's model. I don't think we have to worry much about Dante looking ugly in this game.

I'm also totally in for Bi Dante, tbh.

Yeah that man is gorgeous. Dante's prob going to look fine when he isn't speeding at the camera with a maniacal look on his face.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I do love that dante aged and his hair got darker lol.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm hoping there's a level where Dante just stumbles across the fountain of youth and starts looking like DMC4 Dante again

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm all for a rugged daddymode Dante. Uncle Dante in 4 was already on his way to it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
DMC2 Dante is my favorite design.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

DMC2 Dante is my favorite design.

I looooooove DMC2 Dante's jacket.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

please enjoy this image of dante

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dante makes me so goddamn straight.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

but then I see Lady and go back to normal :3:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Pomp posted:

Dante gonna kiss a big ol demon right on the cheek and he's gonna get really mad but also he's blushing

but then which looney tunes are vergil and nero

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Devil Bringer counters and special attacks were the best part of Nero's boss fights.

Also re: whining about the new girl's outfit: considering the insane amount of titty visible on Trish and Lady's DMC4 outfits you might as well count your blessings she doesn't have some mighty underboob.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

esperterra posted:

but then I see Lady and go back to normal :3:

If they bring back Lady for DMCV I hope she'll have an outfit more similar to DMC3 rather than DMC4.
Her DMC4 outfit was just...too much.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lessail posted:

but then which looney tunes are vergil and nero

Marvin and Tweetie, respectively

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jack Trades posted:

If they bring back Lady for DMCV I hope she'll have an outfit more similar to DMC3 rather than DMC4.
Her DMC4 outfit was just...too much.

Her DMC4 outfit was just laaaame. I still can't comprehend how they somehow took p much the exact same outfit but managed to add the tiniest tweaks to push it into trash territory. I don't even care about it being more overtly sexy. Just something about the finished product was way off. Looked tacky as hell but not the good sort of tacky DMC often pulls off.

Maybe something just didn't translate to the updated graphics, idk. Like her tits grew 3 sizes that day or something.

Maybe that's my issue. It looks ill fitted. It looks too small for her compared to how the same basic design concept looked in 3. Throws the whole thing off. Also I don't like the sunglasses.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just cover Lady in dozens of bandoleers, as is fitting with her style

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I figured it was because Lady suddenly got mega-stacked and wore low-cut stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

CharlestonJew posted:

Just cover Lady in dozens of bandoleers, as is fitting with her style

Just give her slightly buttoned shirt/jacket and shorts/skirt made of bandoleers. Lulu in FFX style but with 0 fabric all belts

e: ^^ her outfit was always the same amt of revealing before, it was just a slightly buttoned dress shirt and skirt instead of a slightly buttoned blazer and short shorts. but yeah they made her model way more stacked in 4 and the outfit looks like 2 sizes too small