Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
He also did a lovely teen dating show in the 90s, and maybe hosted the now-dead @midnight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
He also founded TheNerdist which I think is far bigger than you'd expect and yeah he hosted @midnight and co-hosted Singled Out in the 90s with a person who's terrible for other reasons

But it's funnier to dismiss him as just a guy that talks about the walking dead immediately after it airs.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I was away, but now I am back. I’m sure you all missed me terribly. I was on holiday in quite-nice Canada and the hellhole that passes for the US, while also working on a closing (this one: https://www.screendaily.com/news/claes-bang-confirmed-for-the-bay-of-silence-thriller-to-shoot-in-2018-exclusive/5129262.article ).

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
i always knew there was a legit reason why i just innately hated that talking dead dork

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Why you need someone to explain a show to you that you just watched is beyond me. The inside the episode stuff on HBO now are also insufferable.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's what a podcast is. It's a live podcast.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

bows1 posted:

Why you need someone to explain a show to you that you just watched is beyond me. The inside the episode stuff on HBO now are also insufferable.

Have you ever read TVIV?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Have you ever read TVIV?
I just wandered in there because I've been watching the Expanse and wondered what people thought of it. I am now convinced that TVIV is full of the dumbest mother fuckers on these forums.

I also don't get the near-histrionic aversion to spoilers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/MachinePix/status/1007379755195174912

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

bows1 posted:

It's not particularly unique to television, YouTube has a whole cottage industry of THING EXPLAINED and MOVIE ENDING EXPLAINED videos. Some people really need the Balrogs explained to them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The trick with TVIV is to not read any individual show’s thread

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'll do you one better player.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I may be seeing Frankenstein Created Woman tonight.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Escobarbarian posted:

The trick with TVIV is to not read any thread

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

At Quad? I just saw that. Thinking about it myself.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah I think, I wasn't really paying attention. Update: UR correct.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 15, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/kingthor/status/1007368827762380800

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Frankenstein Created Woman is dope.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

gently caress yes.

That guy's playing Mike in the IT sequel.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Had Chinese food at work on Monday, got a fortune cookie.

Left it on my desk but otherwise forgot about it.

Last night I (re)watched ‘Cube’.

Huh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Obviously this is now your life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4r91mc8pbo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Xenomrph posted:

Huh.

I don't see how finishing Gravity's Rainbow will keep you from getting chopped up into little pieces but you better get on that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The internet was a mistake.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

The eenneeeet wus a messtaake!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Xenomrph posted:

Huh.

Do it, Xenomrph! Build the Cube!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I watched about 4 seconds of that and I'm seriously considering finding the person responsible and hitting them in the face with an oar.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

We may have our differences but deep down you're a good man.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure this somehow targets the same demographics as those bizarre spider-man/joker/pregnant Elsa videos.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lurdiak posted:

If any of you are inexplicably fans of Chris Hardwick, I have terrible news.

I already hated Chris Hardwick for a whole variety of reasons and this doesn't surprise me at all. Maybe now he'll go the gently caress away.

bows1 posted:

What bothered me about those things (the Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul ones specifically) is that the shows were fertile ground for all kinds of great discussion of the themes and deeper subtext and those rich characters. But all you get is the most bland baseless discussion that basically just recaps the episode. What is the point? I also hated @midnight because they would always gather up a bunch of great comedians and then some how prevent every single one of them from being even remotely funny.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

therattle posted:

We may have our differences but deep down you're a good man.
It's nice to see when someone is living their best life.

Edit: Metal Gear Solid chat:
https://twitter.com/faceokay/status/1007037205251067904

Vincent fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 15, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
A civilization with headstones for pet graves is decadent beyond hope

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
MGS4 is good. it's Kojima at his absolute Most Kojima so if you think MGS4 is bad, it's likely that the series wasn't doing things you like to begin with.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Brie Larson is great and seeing her in more movies is cool even if it's superhero poo poo.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Happy Friday y'all. Going to to the drug store to buy an overpriced weed pen for my GF, then settling down with Takeshi's Boiling Point and some Zelda: BoTW

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

MGS4 is good. it's Kojima at his absolute Most Kojima so if you think MGS4 is bad, it's likely that the series wasn't doing things you like to begin with.

Metal Gear Solid 1 treats Liquid Snake's 160 IQ as a game stat since he doesn't actually know how Dominant and Recessive genes work. The series is funny.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Corrosion posted:

Metal Gear Solid 1 treats Liquid Snake's 160 IQ as a game stat since he doesn't actually know how Dominant and Recessive genes work. The series is funny.

That seems to be par for the course for many Japanese games. In Yakuza 0, it’s a running joke how dumb your protagonists are. Every side story telegraphs their ending from a mile away and you just laugh waiting for your guy to catch up.

PROTAGONIST: hmm, my employee is secretly meeting with an older man and gives him envelopes of money. I bet it’s some creep trying to take advantage of her. I better spy on her and follow her next time she meets him
ME: it’s her dad
PROTAGONIST: OMG, it’s her DAD

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Corrosion posted:

Pretty sure he drafted up the plans for the Moses Island takeover after catching Twins on HBO.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pretty sure he drafted up the plans for the Moses Island takeover after catching Twins on HBO.

He certainly watched the MacGuyver pilot when he was writing Metal Gear 2 which is probably where the notion of Solid Snake being really smart came from.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

That seems to be par for the course for many Japanese games

Dark Souls getting players to light themselves on fire for rich people AND call it "The good ending" is the apex of this concept to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Corrosion posted:

Dark Souls getting players to light themselves on fire for rich people AND call it "The good ending" is the apex of this concept to me.

One of the many reasons Dark Souls 3 is such a good capstone to the series: it really hammers on the idea that linking the flame is at best a futile gesture and at worst actively perpetuates a world that's rotting from the inside out.

• Locked thread