Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I liked when Rayquaza showed up to feast on the ashes of the Minior

For kids!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Pokedex entries states that they literally die if the core is exposed for too long. That's apparently the normal life cycle for Minior.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
I had a minior on my elite 4 team and it was somehow less useful than my crabominable so I can confirm this is true

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

mabels big day posted:

this thread is getting hosed up

Welcome to Pokemon :devil:

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Found an unused card for Entei/Raikou for NA USUM games while throwing out some old paperwork from around my desk.
Can also be redeemed in vanilla SUMO but you don't get the gold bottle cap so why bother???

code:
A8Z9F2DGX2DXZ5JP

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is Minior the Qwilfish of Alola?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Minior is a coin flip pokemon, either it unceremoniously eats poo poo or sweeps the whole enemy team.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Chill Penguin posted:

Is Minior the Qwilfish of Alola?

no

Minior is vaguely memorable

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i have no idea how nintendo managed to create a pokemon whose entire purpose is to exploit two of the best moves in the game, and still have it be so bad

but they did

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Guys, someone make Pokemon Let's Go have the full pokedex so it's somethung I want to buy.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i have no idea how nintendo managed to create a pokemon whose entire purpose is to exploit two of the best moves in the game, and still have it be so bad

but they did

it's genuinely impressive

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Moriatti posted:

Guys, someone make Pokemon Let's Go have the full pokedex so it's somethung I want to buy.

nothing could make let's go something to buy

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I never want to hear anyone complain about Kricketune ever again: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-763055021.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Countblanc posted:

but they did

please elaborate, idk poo poo about Minior because I thought it looked stupid and I'm not a huge fan of rock types except for rockhusky

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

indigi posted:

please elaborate, idk poo poo about Minior because I thought it looked stupid and I'm not a huge fan of rock types except for rockhusky

Shell Smash and Acrobatics, I imagine.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

pospysyl posted:

I never want to hear anyone complain about Kricketune ever again: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-763055021.

I was sold on Kricketune the second I heard The Cry™, but Leech Life being genuinely amazing is still wild to me.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-700140430
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-700247142

i tried

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Minior's HP stat absolutely kills it. If it was just something like 70/120/120 in defenses it would be much better.

I was going to say that the best way to use Minior is to hope your opponent forgets that it's immune to status when shields are up and that it learns EQ.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Countblanc posted:

but they did

And those moves are?

EDIT: Aw four posts above me :(

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nessa posted:

I prefer the Z crystals, because to me, Mega Evolution is, "hey, you know that Pokemon you love? Let's give it better stats, but make it incredibly stupid looking, to the point where you'd never want to use it."

With the exception of Mega Houndoom and a couple others. Mega Houndoom should have just been a regular evolution.

loving wrong, houndoom should have gotten an evolution where it becomes a cerberus and THEN it should have gotten a mega evolution

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Minior is cool and good.

...just maybe not in battles.

EDIT: Also I love the look of Mega Mawile and Mega Sableye.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

mega altaria has a lil captain hat

and even the ugly ones can be charming if they at least make playing the video game more fun. mega pinsir is the ugliest thing I've seen outisde of my bathroom mirror but goddamnit do I like clicking return

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 16, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't know if there's a single Mega Evolution I'd consider worse-looking than the base form.

Heck, guys like Mega Manectric are a categorical improvement.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mega Kangaskhan is absolutely brilliant.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

I don't know if there's a single Mega Evolution I'd consider worse-looking than the base form.

mewtwo-x looks like a dork

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

mandatory lesbian posted:

mewtwo-x looks like a dork

Eight year old ROFL Octopus designed that mega, and it’s good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nodosaur posted:

garchomp

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So my 8 year old daughter has turned into a total Pokemaniac after getting a 3DS and Pokemon Moon. There is a problem though, as her favorite pokemon is Meloetta and she's been going nuts trying to find one as she's near the end of the game. I see that apparently this one was only available via Wifi a couple years back so here is my plea....would any fellow goons happen to have one that's wasting away in their bank and be so kind as trading her one?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

So my 8 year old daughter has turned into a total Pokemaniac after getting a 3DS and Pokemon Moon. There is a problem though, as her favorite pokemon is Meloetta and she's been going nuts trying to find one as she's near the end of the game. I see that apparently this one was only available via Wifi a couple years back so here is my plea....would any fellow goons happen to have one that's wasting away in their bank and be so kind as trading her one?

I think I have one, double checking now

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I think I have one, double checking now

thanks a bunch

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nodosaur posted:

Mega Lati@s

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I have one. Sent you a PM.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I have one. Sent you a PM.

Awesome, PM returned

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

PetraCore posted:

EDIT: Also I love the look of Mega Mawile and Mega Sableye.
Mega Mawile should have been a regular evolution :colbert:

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

U.T. Raptor posted:

Mega Mawile should have been a regular evolution :colbert:

And lose out on Intimidate? Bad choice :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mega Garchomp looks fine.

I mean I'm not crazy about the Latis in general, so leaning more into the plane thing doesn't make them better or worse to me.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

The only bad mega evolution is heracross for taking it in a direction that doesn't want you to click MEGAHORN

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I am Reverend posted:

The only bad mega evolution is heracross for taking it in a direction that doesn't want you to click MEGAHORN

Mega Sharpedo is bad and you and I both know it Reverend.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

mega shark is pretty fuckin bad but it's less of a net loss overall as regular sharpedo was already ugly and useless and has only become even more of a disappointment retroactively since the beta anchor shark got leaked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

most of the mega evolutions are direct upgrades on the basic design

dont

@

me