Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

numberoneposter posted:

tell a really bad joke, proceed to laugh at own said joke and continue beating it into the ground while your friends question the state of your mental health

All my friends being well past questioning my mental health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Going for a night time run. It's really tranquil and relaxing without the sounds of cars or people, and the view of the city from across the big empty lot by my apartment is beautiful.

Playing games with my wife. It's still fun to bullshit and talk smack to each other.

Turning off the lights, lighting some candles, and playing guitar in the living room, especially after a long lovely day at work.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Dangerous Minority posted:

Going for a night time run. It's really tranquil and relaxing without the sounds of cars or people, and the view of the city from across the big empty lot by my apartment is beautiful.

Playing games with my wife. It's still fun to bullshit and talk smack to each other.

Turning off the lights, lighting some candles, and playing guitar in the living room, especially after a long lovely day at work.

That's quite a tinder profile bro. Respect.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
whenever I remember how gay other people are compared to me

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Yesterday I was walking downtown and a jovial homeless man shouted "Hellooooo, sailor!" and saluted as I walked past.
Afterwards we hosed.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Finding a huge dumpster of a thread and setting it on fire.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

- My wife picked out the Shih Tzu that we adopted. All I'm good for is paying for the magic to happen, so whatevas. The dog follows ME constantly. She'll jump on whichever couch I'm on. When I'm outside having a cigar/beer she'll insist on being outside with me just to lay at my feet. Very affectionate little critter.

I can see my wife glaring at me when the dog does it's Velcro routine.

- During the summer months the wife orders me bundles of my fav cigars & keeps a case of Fosters in the crisper or me. I open up the freezer & see my giant beer stein sitting there getting frosty AF.

- Every now & then I'll see a new bottle of whiskey sitting on the shelf for no reason. Wife is not into whiskey.

whadda ya smoke?

e: right before last summer before last; JRCigars had a huge deal on Monte Whites and I got a box of slightly larger gauge and longer than I normally like and I got them on a real steal. They're great, but...yeah kinda vanilla smoke. I mean, they're technically great and cool and I got a great price, and letting them sit has helped, but each one the same as the last, and I like variety a little. Mid-stength, smooth as gently caress, and easy and even as hell to smoke, but to me makes them just as easy to toss aside :/

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 16, 2018

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Replace the cartoonist quote with "Suck my dick, you fuckman"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
when i'm watching a baseball game and a pitcher lands a curveball juuuuuuust right, especially if a batter swings and makes himself look like an idiot :allears:

also, watching american dad while high

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
A perfectly made Sazerac

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Big Beef City posted:

Replace the cartoonist quote with "Suck my dick, you fuckman"

Lol that works.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

the cat from The Fifth Element

watching distant thunderstorms at night atop a mountain

Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Beef City posted:

whadda ya smoke?

e: right before last summer before last; JRCigars had a huge deal on Monte Whites and I got a box of slightly larger gauge and longer than I normally like and I got them on a real steal. They're great, but...yeah kinda vanilla smoke. I mean, they're technically great and cool and I got a great price, and letting them sit has helped, but each one the same as the last, and I like variety a little. Mid-stength, smooth as gently caress, and easy and even as hell to smoke, but to me makes them just as easy to toss aside :/

I really like Arturo Fuentes in any strength. Never ever had a bad AF. La Gloria Cubana is another dynamite smoke. My wife regularly picks me up Rockey Patels "the edge" bundles of 20 from Cigar International for like $40. Perfect with strong Spanish coffee, for backyard BBQ's or hanging out on somebody's boat.

At family events I'll bring some FAT Montecristos because some of my cousins are whiskey fiends so I want to pair some good whiskey/good smoke.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

I really like Arturo Fuentes in any strength. Never ever had a bad AF. La Gloria Cubana is another dynamite smoke. My wife regularly picks me up Rockey Patels "the edge" bundles of 20 from Cigar International for like $40. Perfect with strong Spanish coffee, for backyard BBQ's or hanging out on somebody's boat.

At family events I'll bring some FAT Montecristos because some of my cousins are whiskey fiends so I want to pair some good whiskey/good smoke.

Oh you are totally my dude.
Sorry you bought the bullet on your pro just just now.

AF are great smokes in my book as well, so we are on the same page, taste wise, as are the couple sampler La Gloria's that I've had of random wrapper shades/shapes/sizes. The Rockey Patels have appealed to me, but I always assumed the name was some kind of, I dunno, gimmick, or something or something? Never bought them, and I know that's not fair. They always seem to catch that "Hey have you seen THIS" page in the mailed catalogue and that's what's kept me from buying them......and I'm officially headed off to the guillotine and rightfully so now.

PS Bring back Claros and double-claros. No I am serious.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 17, 2018

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
When I find a dine in Pizza Hut that is still operational and they have five incoherent google reviews

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That’s good op, processes that take large portions of a year or even years to complete are extremely rewarding.. Hopefully a bunch of short bus ganbangers don’t stomp out your mint plants the moment they bear fruit or flower and then put miniature coffins full of dog poop in your garden as an apology.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

When I find a dine in Pizza Hut that is still operational and they have five incoherent google reviews

in this same vein, when i look at a product review on amazon and all it says is "FAST SHIPPING ITEM ARRIVED AS DESCRIBED A++++++ THANKS"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

My kids winning stuff in their chosen sports.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hedgehogs. They are tiny cutiepies, eat bothersome snails and you only tend to see them at night on the regular, meaning they coincide with the end of long shifts or parties.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My wife was working on a photo job at the beach so my daughter and I walked the surf looking for sharks teeth for an hour. We found three small ones, one piece of fossil bone and a nice piece of sea glass. I could do that all day.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Deer. Deer really like me, not scared at all. And I can just beat a drum to stave off predators and chill with nature’s true vegetarians.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Deer. Deer really like me, not scared at all. And I can just beat a drum to stave off predators and chill with nature’s true vegetarians.

one time i got drunk at cosmic bowling night where they turn on the black lights and hand out glow sticks and afterwards in the parking lot near the dumpster was a dead deer so i put my glow necklace around its neck. thinking about that makes me smile.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
whenever i hear about a rich person or republican dying

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I was able to acquire a very nice Oriental rug for ten dollars today.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
The smell of ozone after a thunderstorm is really nice.

I've recently bought a fountain pen, and the way it feels to write with it is truly something else. Writing feels like I'm painting words onto the paper. I highly recommend trying it out.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

yes

Hector Beerlioz posted:

one time i got drunk at cosmic bowling night where they turn on the black lights and hand out glow sticks and afterwards in the parking lot near the dumpster was a dead deer so i put my glow necklace around its neck. thinking about that makes me smile.

oh hell yeah

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This thread. It makes me not wanna pick up that gun. :unsmith:

And thunderstorms. Standing outside, the sky darkening, low rumbles of thunder rolling off in the distance. You can see the clouds blowing up past the farmland and fields. Brief flashes and waiting for the thunder to roll in. Sometimes the sky turns an eerie green when a big storm is coming. Seeing the rain start falling in sheets and you can see it rushing towards you and you run inside covering your head like a child. Then the terrifying wind and lightning and thunder and the rain pelting the roof. Sometimes hail starts falling. But you feel safe inside no matter what hellish nightmare is happening outside. You feelsafe.

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
A chilled, perfectly ripe honeycrisp apple and a tall glass of whole milk on the edge of freezing. When I talk to my cats and they answer me. Catching a fish on the first or last cast of the day, or any one in between.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Was working in the yard and my daughter pulls me aside to show she has perfected a back tuck gymnastic thing. I challenged her to learn how to do stuff like back flip flops down the driveway. And she did it. She’s a flyer on a national level cheer team now. :unsmith:

Gonna sticky this thread

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Little things are lovely; when you change them, few notice.

I'm a pretty tactile person. I enjoy picking things up and feeling their contours until I could sculpt them blind. Toys in childhood, now household items, rocks/stones, anything dry, really. The stuff on my desk is not there for show, it is there because I constantly handle things as a form of meditation.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i can't remember the last time i felt happy about anything

This.

I hate my wife.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I recently bought the book Exploring Calvin and Hobbes: An Exhibition Catalogue and the beginning has an interview with Bill Watterson. He talks about the beginning of his career at one point and I could see a lot of similarities what I'm dealing with right now in my job

I wasn't really expecting to find relevant life advice in a cartoon book but it was a pleasant surprise.

And this part was just really sweet :3:

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
When the homeless shelter I'm at doesn't give us bagged lunches that sat in the fridge for weeks.

When the pigeons are calm and let me pet them.

Telling people at Starbucks where the only working power plug is.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Children who are genuinely happy just living life.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Seeing a friend in the distance and that moment when they recognize you and their entire demeanor perks up because they're happy to see you.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
You take a bite of some fruit you just bought, and it's so juicy and delicious.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The thought that we might, one day, guillotine the rich.

Sorry if repost. Common sentiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The toothless, 100% sincere smile of a small baby. Though they usually ruin the moment with a machine gun-sounding shart that reminds you that parenting is mostly about poo poo, vomit and piss.

• Locked thread