Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

yeah it’s a good city OP sorry not sorry

New York is a trash garbage land for people who mistake living somewhere everyone's heard of for actually being interesting or having their own personality

Why bother actually going places and doing anything when you can be like well the other day I went to this Vietnamese place in Queens and watch everyone quietly think "I know where that is from TV"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my parents used to live in park slope whose residents easily win the Most Insufferable New Yorkers award

like imagine a stereotypical effete wealthy liberal (socially; economically conservative) that does things like mention pop psychology to cashiers and writes letters to the nyt editor every week. that’s everyone living in park slope, without exception

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

this got deleted what was it

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

whomupclicklike posted:

this got deleted what was it

some twitter page that does something (?) about racists on twitter was starting a patreon

https://twitter.com/Racismdogowners/status/1007473493208944640

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
also

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Peanut President posted:

some twitter page that does something (?) about racists on twitter was starting a patreon

https://twitter.com/Racismdogowners/status/1007473493208944640

It literally just posts "woof" at any racist tweet. That's it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crane Fist posted:

New York is a trash garbage land for people who mistake living somewhere everyone's heard of for actually being interesting or having their own personality

Why bother actually going places and doing anything when you can be like well the other day I went to this Vietnamese place in Queens and watch everyone quietly think "I know where that is from TV"

having a normal one

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

megalodong posted:

It literally just posts "woof" at any racist tweet. That's it.

I remember reading some asslicking blog post about what an amazing strategy and tactical masterstroke it was. No wonder we’re hosed

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
someone trying to monetize a trolling strategy from reddit circa 2013 is some fantastic #branding

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ze Pollack posted:

someone trying to monetize a trolling strategy from reddit circa 2013 is some fantastic #branding

That's true. I gotta give them props for that.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i remember there was some sort of controversy with the dog rating account regarding monetizing but i don't remember what it was exactly. what i do remember is that it was insanely stupid and funny

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nah posted:

i remember there was some sort of controversy with the dog rating account regarding monetizing but i don't remember what it was exactly. what i do remember is that it was insanely stupid and funny

he was going to donate to planned parenthood and then backed off because a bunch of dipshit conservatives were crying about how the dogs were being politicized

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds very twitter

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

he was going to donate to planned parenthood and then backed off because a bunch of dipshit conservatives were crying about how the dogs were being politicized

online owns so much

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nah posted:

online owns so much

its actually worse than that

quote:

Last night, Trump made a hilarious typo. Thankfully I was on twitter when it happened and immediately included “covfefe” in an emergency dog rate. We then put the word on a hat and added it to our store. Many of you thought it was the best thing ever, but a few comments that stuck with me referenced how it’s not the most honest way to make a few bucks. In the heat of the moment, I added that we would be donating half of all profits to Planned Parenthood, an organization with values opposite our current administration I thought it was perfect. Immediate feedback was positive and encouraged more people to buy the hat.

This morning I woke up to a ridiculous amount of backlash for my decision. I let my personal beliefs infiltrate an account that’s not meant to share them.This isn’t really a good excuse after two years of running the account, but I am still learning. And today I learned that rushing decisions involving your money and a very sensitive subject is irresponsible. So, since we already said we would, and many of you bought it because we said we would, we will still be donating that money to PP. But I saw some comments suggesting we donate to dog shelters, which is obviously much more on brand for us. So, I will match whatever we end up donating to PP, and donate it to a local shelter.

If my actions offended you, I’m sincerely sorry. Alienating a portion of my audience is stupid and unnecessary. Different opinions are good and conversations about those opinions are valuable. Dogs are bipartisan and that’s why my following is diverse and my account brings people together. Last night I jeopardized that, and I’m sorry. I’ll do my best to put the train back on the tracks to the wholesome, pure, escape from reality account you all have come to love.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
i'm not sure if that's peak liberalism, but it's sure as hell peak something

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

its actually worse than that

Christ

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/HeraLindsayBird/status/1007549273586786306

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

ah yes, the torture and abuse of vulnerable refugees at the hands of my home country, my fave woke brand

e: we make ice look like little babies

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

r e g i o n a l p r o c e s s i n g c e n t r e

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Australia as a concept is fundamentally evil

The whole country is too far gone into the spittle-flecked mania that makes you sweat with hate when you see anyone with skin darker than the brick red shade you consider normal

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We should nuke them back to the stone age but who would notice any difference

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i meant to post that in the gently caress ice thread, whoops

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
All c-spam threads are basically interchangeable

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

hackbunny posted:

r e g i o n a l p r o c e s s i n g c e n t r e

nice av

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Crane Fist posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Crane Fist posted:

And it owns

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hell yeah wasn't saying that like it's a bad thing

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I unironically enjoy it

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Crane Fist posted:

that's why C-SPAM owns

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Crane Fist posted:

I was gonna make a joke about the ancap thread being a shining beacon but then I realized we also have an alt right thread and an incel thread

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's time to choose where your loyalties lie - with the oppressed peoples of Occupied Palestine or with your thirst for homemade soda

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

a good city

lmao

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
my favorite woke brand is #truimop,

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

why was this deleted

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/KelloggsUS/status/1009157803653595136

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

existing during pride month is loving exhausting because of all the lovely entities co-opting my gay agenda into their capitalist agenda

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
after that hilarious furry incident a while back i wonder if kellogs understood gay furries. guess if they didnt they do now

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
THEY'RE GGAAAAYYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

quite stretched out posted:

after that hilarious furry incident a while back i wonder if kellogs understood gay furries. guess if they didnt they do now