Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

omeg posted:

Yeah I know about the DPS box (think it's on by default) but it's not working for Icestorm/Whispering Ice. PoB doesn't show the skill's DPS (probably because it's hard to calculate) but it does show average hit so it should work? It's working for Firestorm at least.

I think that's a bug. Might want to report it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Why are players selling fuses for more than what Nessa does in A2?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Apple Craft posted:

Why are players selling fuses for more than what Nessa does in A2?

Trying to prey on forgetful or stupid people.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I haven't played this in ages... is there any 3.3 build which is simultaneously a) cheap to assemble, and b) fun to level? I had been eyeing a tesla cyclone or righteous fire/life leech thing, but both of those setups require fairly extensive currency investments to gear into.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Omi no Kami posted:

I haven't played this in ages... is there any 3.3 build which is simultaneously a) cheap to assemble, and b) fun to level? I had been eyeing a tesla cyclone or righteous fire/life leech thing, but both of those setups require fairly extensive currency investments to gear into.

anything with Arc or Doublestrike (note: not Dualstrike)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing I dislike about incursion league is when you have a treasure temple ready to fire but you forget to do it before loading your next map and you lose out on a loot explosion in your next map.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I wish they'd fix the bug where sometimes I have a temple ready, talk to Alva in my hideout and she's like "who the hell are you?"

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Goa Tse-tung posted:

anything with Arc or Doublestrike (note: not Dualstrike)

Hmkay I'll give 'em a whirl, thanks for the suggestion!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

I wish they'd fix the bug where sometimes I have a temple ready, talk to Alva in my hideout and she's like "who the hell are you?"

Time travel can be a little confusing OK?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

whalestory posted:

How expensive is that build and how well does it do mappos? Is there any reason why I shouldn't try to copy you...

It's not a speed demon by any means, but it maps very comfortably. The basic version is not expensive at all and you dont need any uniques to begin with. The only reason why you might think you shouldn't is that we dont know if cold snap is supposed to stack degens like it currently does, and if they fix it the build is pretty much dead.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Just bumping my re-invite request in case there's a list that I'm not on. IGN ArtificialArcTotems

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheRat posted:

It's not a speed demon by any means, but it maps very comfortably. The basic version is not expensive at all and you dont need any uniques to begin with. The only reason why you might think you shouldn't is that we dont know if cold snap is supposed to stack degens like it currently does, and if they fix it the build is pretty much dead.

Just to add to this, it's a build made for bossing. I recorded a full key uberlab run to show how ridiculously safe it is as a uberlab farmer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9IfwsurVQ

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Just bumping my re-invite request in case there's a list that I'm not on. IGN ArtificialArcTotems

You're on my list.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
nice to see earthquake is viable again if you invest enough money :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Kf4CQUVTw

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

TheRat posted:

You're on my list.

If there's a list, could I go on? I'm i_wear_jorts_every_day

edit: a guild list, not any of the creepy ones

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

nice to see earthquake is viable again if you invest enough money :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Kf4CQUVTw

The only thing in there that's outrageous is the crit watchers eye, which while exceptionally expensive isn't too outlandish. Though I didn't look at his abyssus to see if there was an EQ enchant. Rest is pretty standard for a high end character, mostly.

Looks awful to execute though, drat.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Can someone explain how the conversion works with elemental hit? Builds use threshold jewels to make the fire hit the only possible option and then run avatar of fire and a bunch of cold/lightning conversion gear. I don't get it.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Assume Elemental hit deals 100 damage of each element.

Elehit base, no conversion or jewels: 100 damage of one of the elements at random.

With AoF, jewels to restrict to only fire: Hit, deal 100 base fire damage plus 50 lightning damage converted to fire and 50 cold damage converted to fire, total damage dealt: 200 fire.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Can someone explain how the conversion works with elemental hit? Builds use threshold jewels to make the fire hit the only possible option and then run avatar of fire and a bunch of cold/lightning conversion gear. I don't get it.

Elemental hit works in two stages: First, it adds all three types of damage. Then, it chooses an element, avoiding the last one it picked if possible, and drops all other types of damage.
So if you restrict it to fire and convert almost all of your ice and lightning to fire, you get almost 3x the damage.
Also converting everything to fire means you can get some benefit from added physical damage or physical damage from your weapon, but you're doing so much flat damage already it's not significant. Also typically you just get 50% of phys to fire.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
OK, thanks. I didn't realize that all the conversions applied before the final element was picked. That all makes sense.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
If there's a list please don't forget PERU. HighKing_Kallor

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hello friends, dumb question here. Finally decided to try out PoE because I've been watching some streamers map and it seems like fun, but I wanted to play with a friend. We ran through most of act 1 I think but are there no individual loot drops? That might make it sorta awkward deciding who gets to keep what orbs or whatever that drop. Is there any point at which playing duos is any good or is this more of a solo game?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Clocks posted:

Hello friends, dumb question here. Finally decided to try out PoE because I've been watching some streamers map and it seems like fun, but I wanted to play with a friend. We ran through most of act 1 I think but are there no individual loot drops? That might make it sorta awkward deciding who gets to keep what orbs or whatever that drop. Is there any point at which playing duos is any good or is this more of a solo game?

All the loot drops are individual, if you can pick it up its yours to keep. The default setting is that after like, 10 seconds or so the drop becomes free for all. You can fix it so that its permanently yours, or fix it so that its permanently free for all in the options menu.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
No individual drops as in the loot is not instanced like D3, correct. You do get a bump in drop rates by partying and ultimately playing through the main story with a friend won't handicap you at all.

e: in the party screen you can set loot allocation to "permanent" meaning that the valuable stuff is only able to be picked up by a randomly assigned part member until that person leaves the zone.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah set the loot option to permanent allocation as the default in the options menu so you don't have to change it every time you party up

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Gotcha, thanks folks. Yeah I was thrown off by a bit due to Diablo having actual instanced loot.

Also we've failed every temple incursion our noob asses have entered but we still get random loot at the end so yay?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Incursions are hard to complete at low levels, once you level up a bit and get some more links in your abilities you'll be able to clear them better and have complete temples more consistently.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

friend of mine is talking about starting as cyclone slayer, that's still good right? any particular build guide people follow?

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff

StashAugustine posted:

friend of mine is talking about starting as cyclone slayer, that's still good right? any particular build guide people follow?

I did Ngamahu Cyclone last league and that was reasonably fun. Because of work stuff I only had time to take it to the first red maps, but it seemed really powerful and had great survivability all the way I had time to take the char. The leveling was a bit painful before you can wield Ngamahu's Flame at 55, but not too horrible.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i think he's going phys but i found a dude with a level 98 slayer which is pretty reasonably priced (other than headhunter lol). trying to come up with a good second build, im thinking either doomfletch or some spell if there's a cool FOTM. you can do doomfletch inquisitor from when you first get doomfletch right

e: gently caress doomfletch means wise oak right? ugh

e2: lol pathfinder doomfletch is oak, inquisitor doesnt care. is inquisitor still good enough?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 17, 2018

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

During flashback I played a pure physical starforge ascendant cyclone slayer (mouthful) and it was pretty effective too, but if the other guy is running elemental damage auras you'll miss out on them.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Not sure if this is a known bug, but if you try to pick up a stone of passage while your character inventory is completely full, it will dupe the stone. Meaning, two stones fall back to the ground after the first is rejected. You can do a this as many times as you want.

Anyway was just curious if this could be abused in any way? I mean it really doesn’t matter all that much right?

Also I’m curious if it works for everyone if someone wants to confirm for me

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

10bux posted:

Not sure if this is a known bug, but if you try to pick up a stone of passage while your character inventory is completely full, it will dupe the stone. Meaning, two stones fall back to the ground after the first is rejected. You can do a this as many times as you want.

Anyway was just curious if this could be abused in any way? I mean it really doesn’t matter all that much right?

Also I’m curious if it works for everyone if someone wants to confirm for me

I’ve tried to pick up stones with full inventory and this didn’t happen for me.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Could I get a guild invite on Burgthock?

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
I'm new to the game and am having some trouble. I'm following this guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519/page/1
I'm level 36 at the moment and just started Act 4, and I feel that while I do good damage (I bought the Mortem Morsu claws that the guide recommended), some monsters / bosses can very quickly burst me down and kill me. Specifically I'm having a lot of trouble getting through The Labyrinth (the level 33 version) - when I get to the second Izaro fight there are many things that seem to take me from full health to almost nothing very quickly. This is annoying because I feel like getting through the labyrinth and getting endless hunger from the slayer class would help this problem! Similarly, I've been doing the temple incursions and there are a few monsters in the full temple itself that can burst me down & kill me very quickly.

Anyone have any tips? One thing is that my chest armor is literally just a normal quality item I use because it had three linked green slots for my ST + 2 support gems, but all of the rest of my gear are various rares / uniques. This is my first time ever playing PoE so any advice is appreciated.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ThePineapple posted:

I'm level 36 at the moment and just started Act 4, and I feel that while I do good damage (I bought the Mortem Morsu claws that the guide recommended), some monsters / bosses can very quickly burst me down and kill me. Specifically I'm having a lot of trouble getting through The Labyrinth (the level 33 version) - when I get to the second Izaro fight there are many things that seem to take me from full health to almost nothing very quickly. This is annoying because I feel like getting through the labyrinth and getting endless hunger from the slayer class would help this problem! Similarly, I've been doing the temple incursions and there are a few monsters in the full temple itself that can burst me down & kill me very quickly.

Anyone have any tips? One thing is that my chest armor is literally just a normal quality item I use because it had three linked green slots for my ST + 2 support gems, but all of the rest of my gear are various rares / uniques. This is my first time ever playing PoE so any advice is appreciated.

Boss fights in this game are mechanics heavy... there are just simply attacks that you aren't supposed to get hit by. Gotta learn the tells and whatnot so you know when to step out of the way. poelab.com has maps of the labs and info on the different mechanics which might be helpful for lab specifically.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Always cap elemental resists, the monster damage is designed around you having about 75% resists so if it's much lower then that you'll end up getting chunked.

Buy a goldrim or 45% elemental resist string from the incursion temple for a simple one stop shop solution until your at maps.

MDDY
Mar 21, 2008

ThePineapple posted:

Get a granite flask if you can and try and keep it up for most packs. That should also make Izaro very easy. Also make sure you roll a life flask with instant recovery, either bubbling or seething as the prefix. A lot of things are just getting more experience with the game though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ThePineapple posted:

In addition to the stuff others have said, look for a better chest. The colors don't have to be right, as you should have a bunch of Chromatic Orbs by now and you can use those on the chest to randomize the colors (the color will be weighted to the type of chest - evasion = green, armor = red and energy shield = blue. Hybrids will be mixed for weight). It's much harder getting off-colors right, so for your green slots look for a rare evasion chest. If you can get into the guild as the league gets older, you can probably grab some decent leveling gear from the guild stash.

It's also really easy to link up 3 or even 4 sockets using the fusing orbs that you should also be collecting. Don't be afraid to use that stuff to adjust the gear to work for you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In the first two fights against Izaro, take out all the things he has with him (gargoyles, skeletons, pylons, etc). Anything you don't kill in those fights will be carried forward to the final encounter, so killing them early makes that a lot easier. You can get an extra treasure coffer for leaving them alive, but it's not really worth the effort for the low level labyrinths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
First time back since Breach. Really digging the new Atlas. Never got past white maps before, but this time I'm hooked deep. Buddy suggested Ngamahu Cyclone, and a day 1 Exalt financed early adoption (lol they were 60c when I cashed it out :suicide:)

So yeah, saw the Elder thing and decided to buy up the maps and have a go at endgame content for my first time.

:circlefap:

No, it's not for sale; I gave it to my aforementioned buddy, who nearly poo poo his pants when I showed him what I had for him

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 17, 2018