Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Guys, it's not a he, it's a they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Smashing Link posted:

Guys, it's not a he, it's a they.

Shhh. Don't ruin the magic.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Don't anthropomorphize a soccer ball, the internet is weird enough.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

It's worse. It triggers a revulsion response you didn't know you had.

I've only smelled half rotted animal corpses, not humans. I imagine it's pretty close to the same.

I had a Devil's Fingers sprout right outside my front door two years in a row. It was buried in the mulch so it took way too much time standing way too close to it to determine whether it was indeed a dead animal or not. Oh God, the smell. I've smelt a corpse flower blooming. This was worse.

And you have to dig into the ground for those nasty white oily looking spores/eggs or it will just keep coming back.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/gs2sL0Q.gifv

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

It's worse. It triggers a revulsion response you didn't know you had.

I've only smelled half rotted animal corpses, not humans. I imagine it's pretty close to the same.

I've always thought rotting humans smell kinda like that nasty rotting smell you get at the beach when there's dead stuff washed up.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I don't remember this episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch...

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

I've always thought rotting humans smell kinda like that nasty rotting smell you get at the beach when there's dead stuff washed up.

If 'dead stuff' means human corpses then yeah, that'll happen. Sorry about your shipwreck beach though.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

In retrospect I probably shouldn't have bought my beach house at Rotting Corpse Beach, but it seemed like a good deal at the time

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nickiepoo posted:

If 'dead stuff' means human corpses then yeah, that'll happen. Sorry about your shipwreck beach though.

No, I mean like occasionally a dead dolphin/large fish/etc will wash up. I grew up camping on beaches and when I smelled my first dead person I just associated the smell.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Nickiepoo posted:

I've never smelled rotting human, but I did smell a rotting whale once and it was probably the worst thing I've ever smelled in my life. So I'm with that other guy there.

Second was a house I entered that was hoarder-like. There was a pot on the stove which I was stupid enough to remove. It had, what I think was a cows tongue writhing with maggots. Twenty years later and that's still seared into my brain.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

I've never smelled rotting human, but I did smell a rotting whale once and it was probably the worst thing I've ever smelled in my life. So I'm with that other guy there.

Second was a house I entered that was hoarder-like. There was a pot on the stove which I was stupid enough to remove. It had, what I think was a cows tongue writhing with maggots. Twenty years later and that's still seared into my brain.

The tongue is probably still there too.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

spacetoaster posted:

No, I mean like occasionally a dead dolphin/large fish/etc will wash up. I grew up camping on beaches and when I smelled my first dead person I just associated the smell.

You haven't lived until you've put your foot straight through a dead seal and then your idiot dog falls right into it too.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
exploding whale innards dot gif

you already know what it is

... thats a lotta sausage :stonk:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Ron Jeremy posted:

I'm mostly joking because yeah, my wife grew up next to a dead fish stink beach and now can't eat fish or seaweed without gagging. Which she also did when our elderly neighbour died just before we moved into a new place then three months later someone decided to check on her.

I didn't see the body but I did hear the paramedics use the word 'liquified', so that was fun (along with the weeks long lingering smell).

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I don't remember this episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch...

It was the one where Sabrina said "Salem took my cherry" and everyone looked appalled and then they flashed back to this scene.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › The Gif Thread: Now debating how gifs smell (cw: corpses)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://giant.gfycat.com/PrestigiousBestGardensnake.webm

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/VM8FARM.gifv

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

they always make the last one to go do that

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

18 Character Limit posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › The Gif Thread: Now debating how gifs smell (cw: corpses)
The GIF thread: It's way better without the smell.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

drat its good he's got that helmet on, otherwise a fall from there could be nasty

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

bike tory posted:

drat its good he's got that helmet on, otherwise a fall from there could be nasty

no high vis vest - he's a goner

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Mad Wack posted:

no high vis vest - he's a goner

So long as his shoes stay on when he lands he'll be fine.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Pyrotoad posted:

So long as his shoes stay on when he lands he'll be fine.

I know this is a joke, but a fall from that height and I don't think any part of him is 'staying on'.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

bring back old gbs posted:

exploding whale innards dot gif

you already know what it is

Not necessarily. There's also the time when the Oregon Highway Division blew one up with dynamite.

Edit: Someone posted it.

Veni Vidi Ameche! has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Jun 16, 2018

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/Tai8f4U.gifv

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hey benny. Screeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I've handled that claim.

It was how I discovered the amazing properties of carbon-fibre.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Horse physics.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Dynasty Warriors Anime looking as expected.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sengoku Basara is the world's most accurate representation of the Warring States period.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I doubt there's anything in a Warriors or Basara anime that's less crazy than what happens in the games

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Why has some fuckwit put a low battery icon on a stationary security camera?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Internet culture?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Why has some fuckwit put a low battery icon on a stationary security camera?

It's like putting one of these on a video while shaking the camera like an idiot to make sure people know it's "from a camcorder".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Brainamp posted:

Sengoku Basara is the world's most accurate representation of the Warring States period.

Fun fact: Faction leaders used two horses to get around