Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Looking forward to people installing this and seeing how many get banned before I risk my Switch on it.

Just don't use it when online. I think most people plan on keeping emunand updated and using it for legit games and online stuff and keeping sysnand offline for emulators, mods, backups etc

It's no guarantee of course. Until we know what data gets fed back and what they can detect, the only guarantee of not getting banned is not to put anything weird on your Switch at all. And even then :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Takoluka posted:

what the heck is a "game backup"

if you have the game, why do you need to play the "backup" version of it

i realize you're trying to be all "oooooh these guys are steeaaalllinnnnnng" and not actually asking this question but i've made plenty of "game" ""backups"" of games that i physically own to use with various modded consoles/flash carts, poo poo's just convenient

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to rob indie developers of all there fukkin pixels. And I can't be stopped

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

absolutely anything posted:

i realize you're trying to be all "oooooh these guys are steeaaalllinnnnnng" and not actually asking this question but i've made plenty of "game" ""backups"" of games that i physically own to use with various modded consoles/flash carts, poo poo's just convenient

I mean, I understand that it serves a decent purpose. I do digital backups of my downloaded Vita stuff for the sake of storage, but the concepts of "backups" and "homebrew" don't mean anything to almost everyone in the console modding community. I just wish people were honest about it!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Takoluka posted:

I mean, I understand that it serves a decent purpose. I do digital backups of my downloaded Vita stuff for the sake of storage, but the concepts of "backups" and "homebrew" don't mean anything to almost everyone in the console modding community. I just wish people were honest about it!

those two concepts are literally the backbone of every single console modding community are you kidding me lmao.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Turtlicious posted:

those two concepts are literally the backbone of every single console modding community are you kidding me lmao.

I guess it depends on who you include in the "community." If you just include people who are making things that run on a console, then yeah, sure. If you count people that type "WiiU homebrew" into youtube so they can run the games they downloaded off the internet, probably not.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I've spent 8 hours between dumping my NAND and transplanting Pegaswitch/Fake news into my Switch it's driving me nuts

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
My full nand dump has failed verifying correctly three times in a row now.

Each attempt takes roughly 1 hour. :suicide:

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Mine failed on part 14, have you kept all the parts that worked? Because you can resume from wherever it failed

I was about to start again but found that out

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I am modding my Switch for the sole purpose of stealing games

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone let me know when you can reliably play Blast Corps on this thing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'll risk a system ban if I can illegally play Crysis on this thing.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

naehrwert has deleted the repository for Hekatebecause folks were using it as a platform for playing backed up games

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

naehrwert has deleted the repository for Hekatebecause folks were using it as a platform for playing backed up games

He's just privated it and going closed source.

There's still that public mod by the one dude, who's also still a contributor to the original repository.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Lucky CTC made a fork that was a million times better

He was working on emuNAND though so I hope he keeps at that

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Rufio posted:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It truly was a shawshank redemption

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Palpatine voice How ironic

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Rufio posted:

This, but only games released before 1995 and only because Nintendo refuses to let me give them money for them.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
dkc3 was good okay

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Infinitum posted:

Someone let me know when you can reliably play Blast Corps on this thing

Oh hey, Other Blast Corps Guy. I always figured there would be one other person on the planet.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ColdPie posted:

This, but only games released before 1995 and only because Nintendo refuses to let me give them money for them.

Yeah I honestly just want mine to be the ultimate emulator machine (mostly)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah I honestly just want mine to be the ultimate emulator machine (mostly)

:same:

Also good lord the gbatemp forums are toxic.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 16, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a hack that doesn’t require the 3D print thing yet

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Empress Brosephine posted:

no.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

Just hold a paperclip to the backmost pin on the right side. That's it. Hold any conductive material to the backmost pin on the right joycon rail, and press Vol+ and power on.
You don't need some 3d-printed whatever

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HenryEx posted:

Just hold a paperclip to the backmost pin on the right side. That's it. Hold any conductive material to the backmost pin on the right joycon rail, and press Vol+ and power on.
You don't need some 3d-printed whatever

people were saying this can break your switch, but those same people are selling .01c of polymer for 15$ +shipping.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
modding my switch for the sole purpose of getting banned

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would a piece of rosin core work as a jig? It feels like the only thing I'd feel comfortable sticking in there.

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Could I get some help for a modified 3DS?

Installed and had been using homebrew for months without issues. Transferred screenshots to a finicky PC and afterwards both the gm9 and luma folders on my SD card had become corrupted and were unreadable. Did many screenshot transfers in the past without incident.

3DS runs fine with the SD card taken out but won't start with it in. The troubleshooting section on the guide site doesn't seem to have my scenario, but I'm not that familiar with the vocabulary used in the modding community so might've missed it. Googling the problem didn't give real solutions, mainly just 'get rid of homebrew'.

Any idea on how to fix this? Can provide more info if it would help.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Have you run a check disk on your card? Have you tried a different card?

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Cojawfee posted:

Have you run a check disk on your card? Have you tried a different card?

Ran a check disk and it did bring the folders back, but the card still isn't working in the 3DS. I don't remember the exact folder layout, but there is at least one change: there should be a subfolder for screenshots under luma, and instead of being a folder it'd become an unidentified file type. I deleted the file and remade the subfolder, then did another disk check just on the offchance that was the issue, but the card still doesn't work in the 3DS.

To try a different card, would it be all right to just copy and paste the files?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Turtlicious posted:

people were saying this can break your switch, but those same people are selling .01c of polymer for 15$ +shipping.

The jigs aren't completely safe, either. Paperclips used in those jigs are harder than the pins so you can actually damage the pins if the jig wasn't assembled properly. I'm using 24g kanthal wire instead of a paper clip.

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Greyarc posted:

To try a different card, would it be all right to just copy and paste the files?

That should work

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would Rosin Core work you think?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rufio posted:

:yeah:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Oddly my new Samsung tablet doesn't have NFC on it, so I can't play with Tagmo and edit my Amiibos. Any recommendations on a NFC read/write device I can pick up at my nearest tech store?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

RedMagus posted:

Oddly my new Samsung tablet doesn't have NFC on it, so I can't play with Tagmo and edit my Amiibos. Any recommendations on a NFC read/write device I can pick up at my nearest tech store?

A New 2DS/3DS =P

https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-thenaya-tagmo-for-3ds.475870/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

THIS IS THE FUTURE HACKERS WANT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgsY9sulQFQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
They're not very good at the game. slow times, constantly getting off the map, constantly going into a different universe.