Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

That got weird fast :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
fashion truly is the end game here. unfortunately i need to wait for halloween to get the grim harlequin stuff because i missed it these last two years

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Griefing exists in this game and it is GLORIOUS

I took screenshots of AD zone chat freaking out and I'll post once I paste them all together.

This is awesome.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Scyantific posted:

I took screenshots of AD zone chat freaking out and I'll post once I paste them all together.

quote:

This is why I will never voluntarily PvP. Just knowing that it's full of people like this and people who defend them or just don't care makes the whole thing look like less fun than a quadruple root canal.

:laffo: amazing

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Scyantific posted:

Goddamn my bluescreen hell, I wish I had been around for this. Also, the forum response is hilariously predictable, of course. Two-raid PVDoor zergtrash crying about their 2% buff mechanic.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't grief myself but still do love a good griefing.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Started playing again, still have no idea what I'm doing but I'm taking in all the advice I can parse in this thread and reddit. Found some stam warden build guides on dottzgaming.

@SplendidBowman if there's room.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Idgi can't they just send their own argonians after the scroll?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Argonians don’t grow on trees. Every Argonian sent into Cyrodiil is one less Argonian providing shoes or briskets for the people of Nirn.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Coldforge posted:

Every Argonian sent into Cyrodiil is one less Argonian providing shoes or briskets for the people of Nirn.
See you at the guillotine dryskin :mad:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

argonians are my friends

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Coldforge posted:

Argonians don’t grow on trees. Every Argonian sent into Cyrodiil is one less Argonian providing shoes or briskets for the people of Nirn.

i own several premium argonian handbags, they're fantastic! they hold so much and last for ages without visible signs of ware-and-tare
i also own a pair of argonian cowboy boots, which are really comfy and fit fantastically, however the souls aren't the best and need to be replaced every couple of years which can get expensive

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Slaughterfish

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been in this dungeon finder an hour. Is it just kind of useless?

e: As always bitching works :v:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

please put an end to these aggressions against my argonian pals

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Berke Negri posted:

please put an end to these aggressions against my argonian pals

I love Argonians. I have several:

There is no better friend to the Argonian people than me. I will fight to preserve their habitat and range against any competing rancher foe.

Edit:

Final two fashion show outfits, for now (because tweaking outfits is lol expensive):

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 17, 2018

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Grabbed this with my girlfriend today and I noticed the OP says magic isn't viable but that's from October.

As a player who has little interest in PvP and will almost exclusively do PvE, is this still the case?

Also, is this game actually like TES and my character will eventually have every skill and weapon?

Third and final question for now: I plan on picking whatever race I want and her whatever she wants. Does this have the potential to spawn us on opposite sides of the world like Everquest 2 and if so how hard is it to meet up?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Grabbed this with my girlfriend today and I noticed the OP says magic isn't viable but that's from October.

As a player who has little interest in PvP and will almost exclusively do PvE, is this still the case?

Also, is this game actually like TES and my character will eventually have every skill and weapon?

Third and final question for now: I plan on picking whatever race I want and her whatever she wants. Does this have the potential to spawn us on opposite sides of the world like Everquest 2 and if so how hard is it to meet up?

I've been playing as a battlemage in heavy armor with the clannfear and winged twilight pets and punchmage magic and I just carried three people through a dungeon my first time trying it, or any dungeon. The whole squad wiped and I was able to switch to offtank and revive everyone then kill the boss largely on my own. At least up to level 20 it's fine. I like how easily you can switch things on the fly; right now I'm using a sword and shield and a restoration staff but earlier I was using destruction stuff and a two-handed axe.

I'm a poor who lives in a hotel room though so I can't put my cool trophy up on the wall. :negative: At least I have a bed and snazzy outfit now!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

1. There are good magicka builds for whatever role you're wanting to play. Check out Alcast for ideas
2. This is limited by the number of skill points you've acquired, but your levels in a skill tree and experience for an individual skill are preserved even if you respec your skill points.
3. You can just form a group and one of you ports to the other. Faction doesn't matter anymore except for PVP.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 17, 2018

Dekaar
Mar 31, 2012

Just picked this up on steam can I get an invite for @dekaar on NA please.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This is my bank alt. i think she looks pretty cool but it's pretty much just a standard costume with purple dye.

The thing I'm proud of is her name:

Dremora Caitlyn

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just bought this for something to do while I wait for the new WoW expansion. Is the information in the OP still good? Mainly about what class/race to choose etc, I don't wanna screw up.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Is guild space limited? I'm a casual who doesn't have much time to play.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Bardeh posted:

I just bought this for something to do while I wait for the new WoW expansion. Is the information in the OP still good? Mainly about what class/race to choose etc, I don't wanna screw up.

I don't tank, so I'm not sure if Dragonknights are still the optimal tanks or not. They certainly haven't gotten any worse at it, anyway.

Wardens are as much a healer class as Templars are, and there's a popular and effective hybrid DPS/healer Nightblade build. You can still heal as a dragonknight or sorcerer (I do both), and dragonknight has a new AoE heal, but I haven't used it and don't know if it's any good.

Since the OP was posted, we went through a period where stamina Dragonknight was the best DPS build, but I don't know if that's relevant anymore. All the classes have good DPS options, but if you envision your character as a wizard who loves to blow poo poo up, I urge you to pick any class but warden.

The race information is still accurate.

AnimalChin posted:

Maximum is 500 members, and we have room to spare right now. We aren't a trading guild, though. Trading guilds are a lot more dependent upon having active members, and the most permissive ones will kick you if you don't sign on for two weeks or so.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 17, 2018

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

AnimalChin posted:

I usually purge people who haven't logged in after a period of 6 months. So as long as you're logging in sometime during that window you're g2g

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wait, so if I picked Templar am I gonna basically only be able to heal? The class stuff is confusing as hell.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bardeh posted:

Wait, so if I picked Templar am I gonna basically only be able to heal? The class stuff is confusing as hell.

Any class can do whatever they want, and generally be good at it. Some classes have a few abilities that favor one activity (templars and healing, dragon knights and tanking, etc), but they are all viable and useful.

Edit: Your character will also be defined by its choice of weapon, armor type and other world skills, just as much as by class. Pick the class you think looks the most fun & has the passive abilities that look like they would suit your preferred style of play; that will help you the most.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 17, 2018

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

Nerd Of Prey posted:

For people who are relatively new to this game, if you like making tons of alts like I do, I want to give some quick advice that I wish I had known from day one:

#1: Always log out next to a stabelemaster. Log on every character every day to train riding.

Even if you have way too many characters, it only takes a few minutes. Even if you're not really actively playing every day it's good to make a habit of it. I've just made it part of my daily routine before work... make coffee, check email, log on ESO and train riding... It's especially nice for alts I don't play much, because when I get around to eventually doing stuff with them, their skills aren't garbage. I'm a really casual player but I have some of my characters fully trained now.

My strategy is to max speed first, then put maybe 20 points in stamina just to keep random dudes from knocking you off your horse, then max out capacity (which is way more useful really), then you go back to working on stamina cause you might as well finish it up.

#2: Get the Lazy Writ Crafter add-on (DO NOT sleep on this, or you will feel like SUCH AN IDIOT later), do crafting certification immediately on every new character, and do daily crafting writs early and often.

It took me forever to figure this out, but it is insanely useful. Why? Because even at really low levels with NO skill points in any crafting skills, you get about 2,000 gold per character per day for doing the 6 basic dailies. 2,000 gold can buy you over a week's worth of mount training, so if you do the dailies about once a week on each alt, you can fund their mount training forever even if you never log on them for anything else. Do it two or three times a week and they'll have some pocket money too.

With that add-on you can sleepwalk through all the dailies in about two minutes. (Vivec City is still the most convenient spot I think.) You also get fat bundles of crafting materials with each daily turn-in, so it's mostly self-sustaining. The "survey" maps you sometimes get as random rewards will give you materials by the hundreds if you bother to do them. (It does kinda take an initial investment in a decent stash of low-level materials, just so you're not constantly running out in the beginning.)

As a bonus, you also get XP, crafting skill-ups, and intricate gear to deconstruct out of this deal... That's not really the point though. It's good to have one main crafting character who you actually invest skill points in, but all your alts can be sending your crafter piles of intricate gear to skill up faster.

I have like 12 characters at this point. In terms of actually questing and stuff I usually focus on just one for days, weeks at a time... but my alts don't just sit on their asses, they are getting money, getting skills, and getting prepped for the spotlight. I've got multiple characters sitting at like level 10 with riding speed and capacity maxed, and I didn't have to blow a bunch of money in the crown store to get them there. It's just a couple minutes out of my day to keep that gravy train rolling.

This is a great post for us that are relatively new to ESO and I used it to set up 4 alts today. I'm getting around 1100 gold for each set of writs. With that said, I have a few other things to add.

#1: You can get the crafting certification quests from the Mages and Fighters Guild in your home province. Taking your Nord to Auridon to get the quests will result in the NPCs not showing up. Took me a few minutes to figure this out.
#2: You will need raw materials for the certification quests if you want to save time. Buy 10 of the following for each alt you plan to make: Iron Ore, Raw Jute and Rough Maple. It also would not hurt to buy some Iron Ingots, Sanded Maple and Jute while you are at it to get your alts started with their writs. Don't forget style stones as well.
#3: Your characters will need to be level 6 to receive the daily writs. Assuming you skip the tutorial and then rush straight to complete the certification quests, this will only get you to level 5. Run a couple dolmans or complete a delve to get your alt to level 6.
#4: Don't forget to slot some skills in and equip a desired weapon on your alts, the writs will slowly give them some skill xp as well.
#5: Vivec City is a great spot for this, with a centrally located bank and all outdoor crafting stations (No loading indoor zones).

ESO+ Crafting bag helps immensely with this.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Every class has the means to do any role adequately, Templar just has a whole healing-related skill tree so it's one of the classes best suited for that. Templar is a very versatile class, but beyond that there are a lot of skill trees not related to class at all that can make up for any deficiencies in your class skills - all the weapon skill lines, armor skill lines, fighter's guild, mage's guild, undaunted, psijic, etc. It's why, for example, you can be a sorcerer healer despite the class not really having any active skills that help with that. Some classes are going to have more viable options for fulfilling a certain role than others, but everything can do anything by some means.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 17, 2018

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Scyantific posted:

I usually purge people who haven't logged in after a period of 6 months. So as long as you're logging in sometime during that window you're g2g

Oh nice. @screamincheese would like an invitation. :)

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

is there a bundle or DLC I have to buy that includes Weekend Steam Logins

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Please, do not disrespect the great El Gaben.

He giveth and he taketh as he sees fit.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

Thanks Aramek for the new armor. I finally hit CP90 today and got to wear it. The amount of content in this game is staggering. I have only completed two and a half areas thus far. The main quest is also much longer than I thought it would be which was a welcome surprise.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Can I get an invite. @Wiltsghost

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got a quest from the Halls of Justice? I think. It's called Culling the Swarm, and I need to kill this huge Queens Consort bug with 2 million HP and it's impossible. Is there something I'm missing?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's a world boss that needs a group, generally. The other Halls of Justice quest is a delve you can solo but the other giver will always send you to kill one of the world bosses.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh, I see. The game doesn't ever really communicate to you that it's a group quest, and asking in zone chat didn't get me any offers of help. Guess I'll go back to it later. Is there a 'main' questline I should be following? I'm just running around at the moment exploring and doing whatever.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The main Morrowind quest begins just outside of Seyda Neen. It should send you to Vivec City. Every city has a questline or two as well.

The main oldgame quest starts from a Hooded Figure as soon as you port to Vulkhel Guard/Davon's Watch/Wayrest.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm guessing I'm in Morrowind because there's giant mushrooms and stuff everywhere - I've been to Vivec city and am doing a quest for the dude up in the citadel to explore 3 towers. Should I do the oldgame quests first, or does it not really matter with this level scaling stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So not being able to log in if you're a Steam user is just a known issue for the past 4 months huh?