Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

that swastika comes from the south african neo-nazi group Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging.
what's interesting is that Blood & Honour first emerged in the U.K. -- which makes me wonder whether some South African neo-Nazis moved to the U.K. and got involved and that's where they picked it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh yeah, its why i don't trust overtly performative Woke white guys(hell anyone who over the top about something with morality or anything) because they often end up being hypocritical pieces of poo poo. like alot of the evangelicals being hosed up rapists or perverts. like it honestly wouldn't surprise me if wheaton was as abusive as chris, i hope its not true, but it wouldnt surprise me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ1tMBVvLJ4

this aged well. lol

There's been how many cases of woke male feminist allies getting outed as abusers and creeps in the last couple years? Especially when they've been bitching about how all the other nerds are misogynists and video games having tits in them is a moral crisis.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chris Hardwick wasn't a particularly woke guy, so much as a conduit through which advertising for big media flowed.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
sad that comic-con will have to find a new host for literally every panel

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

sad that comic-con will have to find a new host for literally every panel

Justin Roiland will host every panel as Rick & Morty before getting #MeToo'd for Wonder Woman

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

what's interesting is that Blood & Honour first emerged in the U.K. -- which makes me wonder whether some South African neo-Nazis moved to the U.K. and got involved and that's where they picked it up.

Not so much people from SA moving to the UK (although I'm sure it happened), but there are very strong ties between the British far right and white southern Africans, going as far back as the Rhodesian/Zimbabwe civil war. Thomas Mair, the man who killed Jo Cox MP for being "A traitor to Britain and the White Race", had a large number of publications from African white supremacists (probably need to come up with a better term because that's a bit confusing), and Combat 18 and other right wing terrorist groups have a lot of Rhodesian bush war memorabilia and imagery in their, for want of a better word, mythology.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i always hated hardwick and his dumb shows and now that means i was woke all along

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I have no idea who that guy is and he doesn't seem to be a member of the ineffectual dork web.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

I have no idea who that guy is and he doesn't seem to be a member of the ineffectual dork web.

hes a Proud Nerd who turned out to be an abusive dead eyed sociopath who only cared about status so basically a nazi really

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nanomashoes posted:

Chris Hardwick founded The Nerdist, and was the media's go-to panel host after his Nerdist podcast got popular. The Nerdist's whole appeal is emulating the illusion of talking about things you like with your friends, only nobody hates anything or is critical of anything that's not already popular to dislike.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Chris Hardwick founded The Nerdist, and was the media's go-to panel host after his Nerdist podcast got popular. The Nerdist's whole appeal is emulating the illusion of talking about things you like with your friends, only nobody hates anything or is critical of anything that's not already popular to dislike.

very cool

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/zonknuckIe/status/1007375314878529536

tough guy marine shits on Ian, Ian accuses marine of stolen valor and calls on people to dox him to find the truth or whatever

https://twitter.com/mistermegative/status/1007610475645980674

Ian deletes all the tweets

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Reclines Obesily posted:

Ian deletes all the tweets

Is this the first time he's actually felt sufficient shame to do this? Seems like this marine just earned himself another medal

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

He's done it a bunch. Typically when an attack on civilians happens, he makes a 'religion of peace' tweet and deletes it when the shooter turns out to be white.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
that is so incredibly online

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

more like bein' miles wrong

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I had a dream about invading an alt-right meeting, picking fights and flipping tables.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1007671130222661633

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
can someone repost the img of 4chan calling the golden dawn leader a Turk plz

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Tokamak posted:

He's done it a bunch. Typically when an attack on civilians happens, he makes a 'religion of peace' tweet and deletes it when the shooter turns out to be white.

I wish there was a way to display how much and how often twitter accounts delete their posts. It would be interesting if people had to acknowledge how often the things they say are so wrong or humiliating that they regret having said them. Like they have to use cheat codes when expressing themselves in public because they're so ashamed of their own words.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
joss whedon and chris hardwick gettng taken down means i dont have 2 hear about that whole sphere of nerd culture for a while i hope

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chris Hardwick sold of his Nerdist company years ago and left the company altogether in December and they just removed every mention of him from their website so if you like Nerdist content it’s still ok to like it but hate Hardwick.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's been how many cases of woke male feminist allies getting outed as abusers and creeps in the last couple years? Especially when they've been bitching about how all the other nerds are misogynists and video games having tits in them is a moral crisis.

pretty much. they arnt wrong, nerd communities are cesspool that should be cleaned up. but many of them suffer from the evangelical poo poo where they just project outward constantly and are just as lovely if not more so.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

its why i prefer chapo and best of the worst from RLM because that sounds more like me and my friends then some dipshit gurgling about how super keen some vapid nerd poo poo is.

speaking of vapid.

https://people.com/tv/chris-hardwick-responds-girlfriend-chloe-dykstra-allegations-sexual-assault/

hardwick is going all in and blaming her for everything.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

l always found hardwick repellent but i assumed and still assume it was his former-fat-guy desperate need for approval

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'm gonna be way too honest right now: the intellectual dark web thing terrifies me and I think Bret Weinstein is the only hope of defeating it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'm gonna be way too honest right now: the intellectual dark web thing terrifies me and I think Bret Weinstein is the only hope of defeating it

They are the same idiot buffoons that arise in every generation to threaten civilization anew. Whether they end up as Goldwater or Mussolini is up to us.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I feel like id know if my best friend was doing that kinda poo poo to women. will is vocal as gently caress about being socialy progressive as poo poo so i hope i am wrong, but sadly it wouldnt surprise me if he is just hoping this goes away. all these other people who were friends with them or worked with them are confirming it so either will is legit ignorent or up his own rear end.
https://twitter.com/DanCasey/status/1007729184309989376

https://twitter.com/amy_geek/status/1007714434280710145

https://twitter.com/GeekBoyEric/status/1007717113249714176

https://twitter.com/MildlyAmused/status/1007731989666033664

the rest of nerdist has come out in support of her. so where the gently caress is Wesley. There is absolutely no way he doesn't know about his best friend's tendencies or at least have a glimpse into them. I know that people are sometimes completely different behind closed doors, but stuff like this has signs over time when you're that close with someone.
We all think we would know. If Wil is the kind of guy he seems to be, he's in shock at finding out that his best friend was gaslighting him the whole time and torn up by the fact that he always thought he would know and fell into an abuser's trap. Remember that he suffers from severe depression and that can make it even harder to deal with something traumatic. Give him some time and the benefit of the doubt until he says something.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know who Hardwick was until like two years ago and solely under the context of my wife, who is in the industry, telling me he is a horrid piece of poo poo pig. And she likes everyone.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

GWBBQ posted:

We all think we would know. If Wil is the kind of guy he seems to be, he's in shock at finding out that his best friend was gaslighting him the whole time and torn up by the fact that he always thought he would know and fell into an abuser's trap. Remember that he suffers from severe depression and that can make it even harder to deal with something traumatic. Give him some time and the benefit of the doubt until he says something.

this....is really weird.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i dont care what wil wheton thinks

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

GWBBQ posted:

Hi Wil

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Jeb! Repetition posted:

lol why

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
writing an fanfiction about a real dude to own the libs.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

writing an fanfiction about a real dude to own the libs.

It's basically what Wil said

https://twitter.com/wilw/status/1007717478770753536

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i get it. its not the worst thing he could say, but this dude has been the holier then thou prick type and was fine with calling out shitheads and others over anything at the drop of hat. so it kinda of annoys me that now when someone he probaly knew about being a loving rear end in a top hat did it, he won't say poo poo.

https://imgur.com/gallery/XCajnnu

https://twitter.com/RinChupeco/status/1007777896176336896

hardwick was pretty loving open about it and now he is victim blaming. gently caress hardwick.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Jun 16, 2018

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

What is hte problem with this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

what the gently caress

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why are his jokes half in olde timey dialect?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i get it. its not the worst thing he could say, but this dude has been the holier then thou prick type and was fine with calling out shitheads and others over anything at the drop of hat. so it kinda of annoys me that now when someone he probaly knew about being a loving rear end in a top hat did it, he won't say poo poo.

https://imgur.com/gallery/XCajnnu

https://twitter.com/RinChupeco/status/1007777896176336896

hardwick was pretty loving open about it and now he is victim blaming. gently caress hardwick.

He should be loving shot just for that line about the DeLorean, Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol what the gently caress