Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I read these on my phone so I do not have the links but here is the gist.

The actress who plays Chloe was asked a panel how she thinks Chloe would handle finding out that Lucifer is actually the Devil. She said that Chloe would accept it, realizing that she had feelings for this person and that she'd already seen who he is by his actions.
I liked that.

The showrunners on the other hand said that season 4 would be all about Chloe trying to figure out how to deal with the fact that she loves the Devil.

The showrunners do not know what we, the people who like the show, like about the show. I'm overjoyed that they finally got this poo poo out of the way. It should have happened in S1. I hated the love triangle and I hated the numerous cock blocks where Chloe almost found out but didn't. Lucifer popped his wings for Charlotte but couldn't do that for Chloe on any of the 800 chances he had? It was loving stupid.

I feel like, if we got S4, it would be more of the crap we hated in S3 and not good stories, not leaning into the supernatural because now Chloe is in the know, not addressing all those other souls who escaped Hell, not addressing the fact that Hell has been unguarded for three years, not dwelling on Maze's actually-quite-normal desire to go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SiKboy posted:

The first season of Sleepy Hollow was So drat Good. I have literally never seen such a rapid drop-off in quality as that show moving into season 2.

I loved that first season and stuck with the show till the bitter end.

Only other show I can think of right now that had a similar drop-off was another Fox show Human Target. Season 1 was amazing then they changed practically everything in the next season including the theme song which totally rocked.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
CW's The Flash has never been as good as it was in S1.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Aleph Null posted:

They have been talking to Amazon.

That makes a lot of sense. It's always advertised incredibly heavily on Prime in the UK.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He never showed his wings to Chloe because he hated them. From his perspective, they were basically a sign from Dad that was letting him know he was being hosed with, continually. First he's literally given a love interest that was literally made for him so he has no idea if she liked him for him, or because Dad intended it that way.

Same with the lack of devil face. He tried to show her who he really was (not just the devil but literally his identity to himself, his "true" face), and found out he got hosed over AGAIN because "his" face was gone.

That's why he never bothered with the wings. He didn't need to prove he was an angel, but he wanted to show her who he was, not what he used to be or what Dad intended for him.

It's all about the free will and him being pissed about Dad always loving with him.

Also man I hope amazon grabs it.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Apparently Netflix has picked it up.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
https://deadline.com/2018/06/lucifer-saved-netflix-picks-up-series-season-4-after-fox-cancelation-1202411666/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Praise Jesus! ER uhhhhh

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Please Netflix put money in their budget so that this show can be more supernatural

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Don't know if they're picking up the series or just letting them do a finale, but either way this makes me unreasonably happy

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That is awesome news!

Hail Lucifer :devil:

While I know nothing about how anything works I do hope with Netflix backing the show it finds its way more to the comic books and the supernatural elements are more centerpiece to the show.

Also, more Tom Ellis singing and playing the piano.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Digital Jedi posted:

That is awesome news!

Hail Lucifer :devil:

While I know nothing about how anything works I do hope with Netflix backing the show it finds its way more to the comic books and the supernatural elements are more centerpiece to the show.

Also, more Tom Ellis singing and playing the piano.

I'm a huge fan of the comic but I would prefer they not try to become more like it at this point. TV Lucifer is great on his own right, and the comic version is pretty significantly different. I think it would be hard to merge the two, though I can see them (comic spoiler) ending the series with him creating his own universe.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
YESSSSS

Also I hope this means the first few seasons will be available to catch up on; my sporadic work schedule meant I missed most of seasons 2 and 3.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Astrofig posted:

YESSSSS

Also I hope this means the first few seasons will be available to catch up on; my sporadic work schedule meant I missed most of seasons 2 and 3.

If you have Hulu it's available there (though guessing not for long)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Argggg we don't have Netflix :(

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Actually, being free of network constraints could be interesting.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now we can have naked people, swear words, way more blood and gore, and most importantly we can get a resolution to that ballbuster of a cliffhanger.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lucifer-revived-at-netflix-fox-cancellation-1120632

Getting 10 episodes. Perfect length.

Edit: I just want to see Lucifer equal opportunity banging dudes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Article just says episode count is TBD.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Article just says episode count is TBD.

Sorry, "sources say 10" in this one https://tvline.com/2018/06/15/lucifer-netflix-season-4-renewed-returning/

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Praise dad.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Hopefully they go in a different direction since the weekly police case was getting stale.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
They can do a crossover with Bosch.
kidding
edit; oops, I am dumb. Expanse is Amazon, Lucifer is Netflix.

wormil fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 16, 2018

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

wormil posted:

They can do a crossover with Bosch black mirror

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I'm fine with it being less supernatural as long as the writing is tight and it's not will they/won't they for 10 episodes.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'd like to think given the events of the finale, the show would have leaned into the supernatural side a bit more even if it had stayed put on fox.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

What if devil face but too much?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If someone had told me "I come from the future and The Expanse and Lucifer will be canceled" I'd go "yeah that makes sense".

If that person then told me "both will be saved" then I'd know they were full of poo poo.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

yaaaay I hope they've learned lessons from season 3

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

dex_sda posted:

yaaaay I hope they've learned lessons from season 3

Vital lessons that any WB viewer would have known, such as, don't give Tom Welling work.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Vital lessons that any WB viewer would have known, such as, don't give Tom Welling work.

Tom Welling might be a dick, but he did a pretty good job as Cain. They just stretched that storyline way too thin is all.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Aleph Null posted:

I read these on my phone so I do not have the links but here is the gist.

The actress who plays Chloe was asked a panel how she thinks Chloe would handle finding out that Lucifer is actually the Devil. She said that Chloe would accept it, realizing that she had feelings for this person and that she'd already seen who he is by his actions.
I liked that.

The showrunners on the other hand said that season 4 would be all about Chloe trying to figure out how to deal with the fact that she loves the Devil.

The showrunners do not know what we, the people who like the show, like about the show. I'm overjoyed that they finally got this poo poo out of the way. It should have happened in S1. I hated the love triangle and I hated the numerous cock blocks where Chloe almost found out but didn't. Lucifer popped his wings for Charlotte but couldn't do that for Chloe on any of the 800 chances he had? It was loving stupid.

I feel like, if we got S4, it would be more of the crap we hated in S3 and not good stories, not leaning into the supernatural because now Chloe is in the know, not addressing all those other souls who escaped Hell, not addressing the fact that Hell has been unguarded for three years, not dwelling on Maze's actually-quite-normal desire to go home.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Not so much to defend the actor, the writers really messed up. The Biblical Cain who was cursed to walk the Earth forever, should have been a fascinating and strong character who could have reeled off examples and references from the huge swath of human history he's witnessed.

And I agree with Alpha Null and The Lord Bude, S4 should lean into exploring the supernatural aspects and lower the reliance on featuring a banal Murder of the Week procedural.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I have no idea how much influence netflix will have over creative decisions on the show moving forward, but assuming they have some level of influence, I trust them more than most networks. They have a good track record with existing comic book properties; and they have access to vast reams of data above and beyond the wildest dreams of any traditional network - If anyone can steer a show in the right direction I feel netflix can.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Wow, I can't believe it
Streaming networks are saving tv shows

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Postal Parcel posted:

Wow, I can't believe it
Streaming networks are saving tv shows

Why can't you believe it? That's basically what cable channels did before streaming.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I do not have Netflix.

I am going to get Netflix because of this.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

grack posted:

I do not have Netflix.

It is really tempting. I have HBO right now that I barely use aside from watching Game of Thrones and Westworld, and given the dropping quality of both shows I was pondering dropping the service. Might make the switch for this and a couple other shows I like.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

grack posted:

I do not have Netflix.

:same:

I let Netflix lapse, but this and Dark Sabrina combined have made me willing to reup (when they eventually get released).

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Hopefully they use this cliff hanger as an opportunity to drop the villain of the week cop drama and focus more on the supernatural side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Maybe the Devil will act like a devil again instead of whiny half of buddy cop.

• Locked thread