Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1008039788065116161

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

This is a space where it's good to like things, so bullshit like ironic hate-watching and mocking others for genuinely enjoying something can gently caress right off.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

And thanks people who posted their season opinions earlier. As someone who is perpetually behind on everything other than MHA (hoping to get to Antartica next month!) I appreciate the scouting reports.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sakurazuka posted:

If I started ignoring all the people who annoyed me this forum would be looking empty pretty quick
that's what I thought too, but less of you have invoked my ire than I expected

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Expect My Mom posted:

that's what I thought too, but less of you have invoked my ire than I expected

The longer you stay here, the more like us you become until you are unrecognizable. One day you're apalled at goons, and the next thing you know you're mildly nostalgic for a gaping rear end in a top hat.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Sorry, but I only follow shoujo for my phat emotional beats.

Still waiting for the RoV movie. Did you know they planning a HS spin-off VN of it?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sakurazuka posted:

If I started ignoring all the people who annoyed me this forum would be looking empty pretty quick

saku just wants this forum to be our love nest

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Alder posted:

Still waiting for the RoV movie. Did you know they planning a HS spin-off VN of it?

I am appalled and intrigued in equal measure, if I decoded these acronyms right

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

The longer you stay here, the more like us you become until you are unrecognizable. One day you're apalled at goons, and the next thing you know you're mildly nostalgic for a gaping rear end in a top hat.

I, too, miss the last time I had sex

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Rose of Versailles, High School, Visual Novel

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Julias posted:

Rose of Versailles, High School, Visual Novel

Looking forward to Marie Antoinette getting expelled for eating cake in class.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I've fallen behind on Amanchu by a couple eps, but Twitter seems to have gotten psychotically angry at it. Alas. Well, it was at least one and a half seasons of good, and I'm very glad that I can just say "well, too bad they screwed up" rather than get that level of invested.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lets see what's happening in the amanchu twitter search

oh cool https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1005362680557981696

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DisDisDis posted:

can't believe i was right to not watch s2

It's much worse than that.

I don't know if all these people just missed the conversation the first time or ignored it because of spoiler tags, but yeah, it's doubly gross because the boy is a loving 12 year old kid, his feelings on love aren't gonna be the same as an adults, and it very much says 'oh, gay love isn't as valid as straight love', which, gently caress that noise.

Tl;dr: It's homophobic in its portrayl of romance, whether it intends to be or not, amongst other gross aspects.

It's a slap in the face to any lesbians out there watching the show, especially if they got drawn in because they heard the first season was pretty gay.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
spot the funny bit in this tweet

https://twitter.com/LamboLarz13/status/1008045540263641088

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heh 'het'

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Part of that is that s2 had a different director than s1, which s1 had amped up the gay tones compared to the manga, while s2 downplays it, but regardless, the plot essentially dumps that into the trash.

It's not a case of 'oh they weren't gay, and gay stuff was added', it's 'these characters are gay for each other, but gay love isn't the same as true (heterosexual) love, which :barf:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean this same thing is in the manga so really it's a problem on multiple levels

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm extremely aggrieved because I would always say YoI shouldn't have gotten the hype it did for gay stuff while Amanchu got zero press but now if I say that people will own me, with this heterosexual happening

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It doesn't even really make sense even if you read Teko/Pikari's relationship the way the show evidently intends for you to. There's really no sensical reason finding out that Kokoro is a boy and in love with Pikari should make Teko less jealous - even if Teko isn't in love with Pikari you'd think she'd still be worried about someone else monopolizing Pikari's attention. It feels like a nonsensical and unearned plot turn even taken on its own terms.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I finished the Kase-san OVA and it was pretty much everything you'd expect and hope for an animated adaptation of Kase-san to be. I give it a rating of Kyaaaaa/10.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

I finished the Kase-san OVA and it was pretty much everything you'd expect and hope for an animated adaptation of Kase-san to be. I give it a rating of Kyaaaaa/10.

I was really delighted with how well produced it was. I know OVAs and full cours have very different production schedules, but I really hope the Bloom Into You anime can approach how pretty Kase-san was to look at.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I'm extremely aggrieved because I would always say YoI shouldn't have gotten the hype it did for gay stuff while Amanchu got zero press but now if I say that people will own me, with this heterosexual happening
you can just say that about flipflappers instead

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

he'd have to watch the dang last ep!!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
drat, good thing there were multiple gay shows better than YoI that season :twisted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

you can just say that about flipflappers instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazon emailed me about the Flip Flappers box set today but it's 60 freaking quid

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

Amazon emailed me about the Flip Flappers box set today but it's 60 freaking quid

Should have bought it while it was on sale...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Not to get too heavy here but this kinda thing always sucks since its like

Show has explicit lesbians: theyd never do that with guys/theyre just good friends
Show has explicit lesbians and is sexy: ugh, this is fap material with BLOWJOB KNEES
Show has heavily implied lesbianism: how dare you ruin this strong female friendship/its just yuribait for straight dudes
Show has yuribait: see its just fanservice/these relationships are hard to relate to
Show has no real yuribait but its main cast is mostly girls so people ship them: this fandoms been overrun by MEN/i dont understand why youd read it this way??
Show has comedy lesbian who isnt treated that badly or anything: ugh, theyre just pandering to men
Show veers hard right on previous yuribaiting: see, its just yuribait

Theres literally no winning and it sucks. Actually the winning move is to play bad vita games and ignore it but thats hard sometimes

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Don't play Valkyrie Drive, unless you don't mind mediocre to bad gameplay in favor of the story and characters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Julias posted:

Don't play Valkyrie Drive, unless you don't mind mediocre to bad gameplay.
Too late

I didnt enjoy it much tho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
slow start was a decent lesbian anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

slow start was a decent lesbian anime

Some of the gags were weird but it was kinda interesting

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

Some of the gags were weird but it was kinda interesting

yeah i could do with less of the boob jokes but there are a few really strong episodes in there

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe the answer really is to just not like things.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Nah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

chumbler posted:

Very well.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

this is a lame joke to make in the context of lesbians getting frustrated over being gut punched by the second season of a show they found meaning in, and continuing frustration over having other stuff they find meaning in discarded by popular discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I really liked Citrus, soap opera-y as it was.

• Locked thread