Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Lmao at anyone that would willingly work for Hillary Clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
cred has nothing to do with it, Daou has always been unrepentant in his hillshilling. This change of direction because he's an opinionated blowhard is just giving him cover to make concessions so he can be an opinionated blowhard in the other direction. This is the man who came up with verrit in the first place, Opinions Have Levity to him. Whatever his proclivities at this point, he should probably just shut the gently caress up in general

I do like that he's calling dems to DO SOMETHING because there is an opinionated blowhard in the white house who is enacting some lovely protectionist and racist policies, but Daou will probably just disappoint himself once he realizes how quickly democrats fold as controlled opposition and then will come back to vociferate the left as an excuse for self-criticism, like as if the left is holding back real greatness from being unleashed. It's textbook.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

white sauce posted:

Lmao at anyone that would willingly work for Hillary Clinton

She lost to Trump despite having double the campaign budget and Obama trying to save her.

Sad!

large oblate cat
Jul 7, 2009

Who gives a drat if Dauo good or not. What does this mean for VERRIT?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

large oblate cat posted:

Who gives a drat if Dauo good or not. What does this mean for VERRIT?

Elon Musk is working on a improved version of the Verrit concept after coverage of his companies went negative.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Hill = Azula
Bernie = Aang
Daou = Zuko

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

He's saying the Dems need to be United and it's the establishment that's not helping, which is something coming from him

nah, daou's telling lefties to shut up and sit down in the name of "unity"--the same thing all bad dems say.

like, his point is that there's still too much friction between factions BUT DRUMPF IS THE GREATER DANGER.

the only good news from his tweets is knowing that bad dems recognize they can't continue the status quo, but that doesn't mean we have to trust them again, bc lucy-charlie-football would just happen again.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Kokoro Wish posted:

He's either on his way to waking the gently caress up, or this is some political hedging. The call for unity is pretty in character, though.

yah; this

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'm the tombstone that says "shot by kgb"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Willa Rogers posted:

nah, daou's telling lefties to shut up and sit down in the name of "unity"--the same thing all bad dems say.

like, his point is that there's still too much friction between factions BUT DRUMPF IS THE GREATER DANGER.

the only good news from his tweets is knowing that bad dems recognize they can't continue the status quo, but that doesn't mean we have to trust them again, bc lucy-charlie-football would just happen again.

ya

peter daou can kiss my rear end

also kamala harris is a cop

peace

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You people are saying it's just a ploy, but he removed the reboot date from Verrit, would an unchanged Daou lose faith in one of his projects?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
y'all are being way over pessimistic about what a good sign but I can't blame yah for thinking that way

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

Even if they release Trump has disrupted the status quo, it's not like bad dems have any sort of solutions or actual passion that would ignite grassroots engagement.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Venom Snake posted:

y'all are being way over pessimistic about what a good sign but I can't blame yah for thinking that way

lmao being optimistic about peter loving daou lmao

im optimistic about a few things, and Peter Daou is nowhere on that list

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

isn't he explicitly calling out congressional Dems for doing nothing?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Venom Snake posted:

Well, even if he decided to switch sides, he did so like a year after he had lost the last shred of relevance.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Peter Daou is doo doo and has rear end breath my controversial opinion

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

isn't he explicitly calling out congressional Dems for doing nothing?

yes, but his idea of "doing something" isn't anything at the heart of the dem/lefty points of disagreement.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

I'm an old who spent 40 years trying to "work from inside to change the dems" and I have a right to be jaded when it comes to sweet whispers about things lefties have been fighting for for decades.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
lol, Peter Daou thinks the Dems can be redeemed

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

like, this:

quote:

DEM LEADERS: Hold a die-in at the Capitol. Walk out en masse. Go on a hunger strike. Try every procedural maneuver in the book. Swarm the media with a unified message that America will not go down this ugly path. DO SOMETHING.

And this is the time for leaders with maximum name recognition, like Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, to stand together and speak with one voice, leading the fight against these egregious Republican transgressions.

is total bullshit bc the way for dems to DO SOMETHING isn't by holding die-ins (remember when the House dems pulled that sleep-on-the-floor stunt last year? what was it for again?) or going on hunger strikes (lmao picturing dem members of congress trying to go without a meal, much less hunger-striking) or "swarming the media" bc they already have 2 out of the 3 corporate media outlets hewing to their DRUMPF BAD message.

if you want to DO SOMETHING then unify on behalf of medicare-for-all, or a $15/hour min wage, or join the loving teachers' strikes or just anything that could have a positive impact on voters.

and it's total bull for him to lump in sanders with clinton & obama for his chiding, bc while two of them are busy making more wall st. speeches and/or headlining zillion-dollar fundraisers for lovely candidates, the other one's made a ton of anti-trump/pro-union/pro-healthcare-for-all appearances and is the most visible face of the party's opposition to trump on the sunday news shows.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 22:31 on Jun 16, 2018

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

Words are plentiful in politics.

Actions are in short supply.

I personally won't trust him until somebody catches him making GBS threads on the windshield of one of the koch brothers' limos and not until then.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Willa Rogers posted:

like, this:

is total bullshit bc the way for dems to DO SOMETHING isn't by holding die-ins (remember when the House pulled that sleep-on-the-floor stunt last year? what was it for again?) or going on hunger strikes (lmao picturing dem members of congress trying to go without a meal, much less hunger-striking) or "swarming the media" bc they already have 2 out of the 3 corporate media outlets hewing to their DRUMPF BAD message.

if you want to DO SOMETHING then unify on behalf of medicare-for-all, or a $15/hour min wage, or join the loving teachers' strikes or just anything that could have a positive impact on voters.

and it's total bull for him to lump in sanders with clinton & obama for his chiding, bc while two of them are busy either making more wall st. speeches and/or headlining zillion-dollar fundraisers for lovely candidates, the other one's made a ton of anti-trump/pro-union/pro-healthcare-for-all appearances and is the most visible face of the party's opposition to trump on the sunday news shows.

preach

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Daou rips off shirt: OH MY GOD IS THAT BERNIE MUSIC?!?!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

It made publix poo poo their pants and pull all donations from republican candidates in florida

i guess maybe literal school children are an exception

Willa Rogers posted:

like, this:

is total bullshit bc the way for dems to DO SOMETHING isn't by holding die-ins (remember when the House dems pulled that sleep-on-the-floor stunt last year? what was it for again?)

it was for blocking gun sales to people on the no-fly list

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

i guess maybe literal school children are an exception

it was for blocking gun sales to people on the no-fly list

lol, yah. "Let's not fight for anything meaningful, but rather for a law that's p. unconstitutional and is based on judgments from secret tribunals, which no one is allowed to question or challenge"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I read that way more charitably than you did, Willa: Pull out every last trick in the book to snarl up the Republicans and stop them from passing legislation, if that fails then walk out of the legislature and go straight to the media and explain loudly and repeatedly why what the Republicans are doing is evil and wrong and what the Democrats will do to stop/fix it once they have congressional power. Whip the shithead traitors into line or expel them from the party.

Right now they're meekly submitting to the Republicans and occasionally whining to the media whenever a Russia story comes up.

I agree on the point of conflating Sanders with Obama/Clinton (though I think that's more Daou recognizing these people as the most prominent voices for both halves of the Democrat party), and agree on the point of the Democrats not doing poo poo about advocating for effective policy.

My takeaway, though, is to not sneer at Daou but to deflect these and step into his guard, saying "Yes, the Democrats aren't doing loving poo poo to oppose the Nazi agenda, here's some ideas for what to do, and if they don't do these then let's replace them with people who will"

Centrists going "Wow, the Democrats are completely ineffective" is an excellent opening to engage and get them to advocate for policies and candidates that won't be completely worthless.

At absolute minimum maybe you can get them to throw Chuck Schumer out on his worthless Nazi-loving rear end.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Incidentally, calling it now: Daou is going to transfer his loyalty for Mother onto Gillibrand for 2020. Mark my words

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Incidentally, calling it now: Daou is going to transfer his loyalty for Mother onto Gillibrand for 2020. Mark my words

Unrepentant Gillshill

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

She's shaping up to be Hillary v2

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Mister Fister posted:

Daou rips off shirt: OH MY GOD IS THAT BERNIE MUSIC?!?!
the attitude era is back baby

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mPNSty71_w

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I read that way more charitably than you did, Willa: Pull out every last trick in the book to snarl up the Republicans and stop them from passing legislation, if that fails then walk out of the legislature and go straight to the media and explain loudly and repeatedly why what the Republicans are doing is evil and wrong and what the Democrats will do to stop/fix it once they have congressional power. Whip the shithead traitors into line or expel them from the party.

Right now they're meekly submitting to the Republicans and occasionally whining to the media whenever a Russia story comes up.
the democrats have supported almost every single lovely republican platform in principle if not degree. cut taxes on the wealthy. wall st deregulation. massive handouts to wall st. faux deficit hawking. massively spiking the military budget. supporting massive spikes in education costs. supporting privatization of education. more wars. rightwing privatized healthcare. inhumane immigration policies. gut welfare. gut social security and medicare. keep marijuana criminalized. support the prison industrial complex. and so on and so on all down the list.

democrats cant oppose republicans on policy b/c they are republicans on policy

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

bernigieg

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

the democrats have supported almost every single lovely republican platform in principle if not degree. cut taxes on the wealthy. wall st deregulation. massive handouts to wall st. faux deficit hawking. massively spiking the military budget. supporting massive spikes in education costs. supporting privatization of education. more wars. rightwing privatized healthcare. inhumane immigration policies. gut welfare. gut social security and medicare. keep marijuana criminalized. support the prison industrial complex. and so on and so on all down the list.

democrats cant oppose republicans on policy b/c they are republicans on policy

Also once Trump took over they collaborated to get rid of what few finance sector reform policies Obama was able to pass like Dodd-Frank.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Democrats will try literally anything except actually improving the lives of poor people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Democrats will try literally anything except actually improving the lives of poor people.

Their real mission is to improve the lives of the donor class.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

like, this:

is total bullshit bc the way for dems to DO SOMETHING isn't by holding die-ins (remember when the House dems pulled that sleep-on-the-floor stunt last year? what was it for again?) or going on hunger strikes (lmao picturing dem members of congress trying to go without a meal, much less hunger-striking) or "swarming the media" bc they already have 2 out of the 3 corporate media outlets hewing to their DRUMPF BAD message.

and it's total bull for him to lump in sanders with clinton & obama for his chiding, bc while two of them are busy making more wall st. speeches and/or headlining zillion-dollar fundraisers for lovely candidates, the other one's made a ton of anti-trump/pro-union/pro-healthcare-for-all appearances and is the most visible face of the party's opposition to trump on the sunday news shows.

A Good Post

gently caress Peter Daou, let's see him put his money where his mouth is and start stanning for Bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the only reason while corrupting centrists want "unity" is they hope to co-op the progressive energy for their own purposes.

• Locked thread