Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

goethe.cx posted:

from the title i expected this guy and his parents to be insane neat freaks but yikes lol

Even if they are, so what? Follow the rules when you're in other people's houses. This is not difficult stuff. She tells him to shut up when he asks her to follow his parents' rules while living in their home? drat.

I don't understand how, after the first few weeks, this doesn't turn into, "We've had this discussion fifty times. We're not having it, again. This is not optional. Clean up after yourself, or consider this your thirty days notice to get out." Is it love? Desperation? How come the parents don't do it if the spineless son refuses to? After the age of, say, twenty, you're no longer allowed childish rebellion, and no one should tolerate it from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Friend's -14 y.o.- son decided to paint black circles using a permanent marker on my $260 white leather chair. Instead of telling her son off, his mother refused to clean or pay it, didn't apologise and blamed me for undermining her son's art and killing his creativity. What should I do? (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

I posted this in other sub but was told I'd get mroe advice here. So this is a copy & paste from my other comment.

A friend of mine came over to my house for coffee with her 14 years old son and he decided to take a permanent marker and paint circles all over my chair -white leather-.

The chair is in my office, my office is upstairs, I clearly told him that the upstairs area is off limits and if he needs to use the toilet to use the bathroom downstairs. So he must have beensnooping around, because the only place in my house where there are markers is in my office, inside a wooden box in one of my desk drawers.

So he not only went through all the rooms until he found my office, but he also opened my drawers and boxes until he found the markers.

Anyways my friend was just like No biggie just wipe it down with baby wipes and it will come off. Well I did, and nothing. Then I tried alcoho,l and nothing. My office chair looks like a loving dalmatian.

I sent her a video of me wiping the chair with baby wipes and alcohol because she didn't believe the stains were impossible to remove. Then after sending proof via the videos I politely asked her to pay for a new chair, even sent her a link to the shop where I bought it so she could see the price for herself.

She texted right back saying I couldn't expect her to afford to buy that chair for me and that it wasn't going to happen. Then she went off about how people like me don't appreciate young people's talent and how we are cutting off their wings and how I'm a rock to her son's balloon?? She kinda spinned it around to say I should be thankful her son chose my chair to apply his talent and create art, and instead of being appreciative, I choose to be bitter about it and pick a fight.

So we wound up actually proper arguing, well good riddance. She didn't even disciplined him or scolded him for painting a loving leather chair in someone's house! The nerve! I'd be mortified if my child behaved that way in someone else's house. And this is not even a little kid we're talking about, it's a fricking 14 years old. A loving sociopathic rear end in a top hat. He was expelled from school for sexually harrassing his classmates. He was grabbing his female classmates breasts and squeezing, and pinching their bottom. After that his mother home-schooled him. He's always fighting other kids and doing weird things. He even set his grandparents garage on fire at 11.

His mother is always justifying him, saying he's an old, tortured soul and he is gifted and talented so normal people like she and I can't even grasp what his creative mind goes through day in day out. He's one of those kids who behave differently with kids than around adults, like in a manipulative way. Like something's very off but I can't put my finger on it.

She truly believes her son is the next Picasso and made a big deal of me not being appreciative and thankful that I bought such a ncie beautiful chair that inspired her son to be brave and bold and 'create' art on my chair.

She's fuckign deluded. It's not even art, it's just circles. I should be the one offended, but oh no she beat me to it. Saying people like me are limiting new generations creativity and this will scar him for life and he will never allow himself to be inspired in the moment and be brave -as she calls it- and 'dare' to create art for others, because he will be scarred others will react poorly to him destroying their property.

This is a very small town and this woman has been out of work for ages. The actual reason she came over to my house was to ask me to get her a job in my brother's company as a favor to her, because they're now hiring and she'd be a good fit, is next to where she lives, good benefits, good pay etc. So I'm seriously thinking of telling her to either get it cleaned or buy me a new chair, or forget about the job.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caganer posted:

Friend's -14 y.o.- son decided to paint black circles using a permanent marker on my $260 white leather chair. Instead of telling her son off, his mother refused to clean or pay it, didn't apologise and blamed me for undermining her son's art and killing his creativity. What should I do? (self.relationship_advice)

Goddamn just get a new chair you whiny piece of poo poo, poo poo happens. Someone could have poo poo in it or died in it or anything.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Goddamn just get a new chair you whiny piece of poo poo, poo poo happens. Someone could have poo poo in it or died in it or anything.

not a very spicy take, you're going to need to be more subtle

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [20F] boyfriend [27M] decided on the religious upbringing of our child without speaking to me.

quote:

I am about to lose my mind. I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant by my boyfriend. We haven't been together for very long and though I'm sure he will be an amazing and devoted father, he absolutely refuses to acknowledge our differences. It drives me absolutely insane. On the other hand, I don't know how rational I am being because the hormones have caused an uproar of pure resentment towards him,largely to no fault of his own. So this post is just meant to help me get an outside perspective.

My boyfriend and I are very different in some areas. For example, he is a practicing catholic while I'm muslim, not particularly strict (obviously) but my general faith is still not unimportant to me. Now my boyfriend KEEPS talking about the oh so catholic nature of the drat embryo in my womb. Example: I was sad because I couldn't fast the last weeks of Ramadan, the time when every so unperfect muslim tries to get their religious act together. His response: "Thats what happens when you're carrying a catholic baby". Or he'll start talking about Godparents and baptisms communions and Jesus knows what else. It drives me up the wall.

Mind you I haven't "decided" the child necessarily has to grow up Muslim. I haven't decided on anything because I feel that's not a decision I alone can make when the child has a second drat parent?

Everytime I try to address the subject he just shuts off, doesn't say anything, sulks for a few hours and then acts like we never even spoke about anything only so he can resume talking about our catholic child a few days later.

Now I realize my anger might be a bit disproprotionate but any religious upbringing or the lack thereof is only the tip of the iceberg. We're from wildly different cultures, he's settled into his carreer while I'm in the very middle of law school, we are in a long distance relationship and I could go on. How is this going to work if he's already starting to mold things to his life while the baby isn't even old enough to be called a fetus?

Does anyone have any advice how to finally get that conversation going because I might just go insane one of these days.

Sorry for the rant, can't really talk about this to my loved ones because I don't really want to give them a reason to dislike the guy that knocked me up during uni more :)

TL;DR: Am 8 weeks pregnant, father (catholic) and I (muslim) have different religious backgrounds, father decided baby is going to grow up catholic without even speaking to me. He refuses to speak about the issue. How do I handle this?

[Edit: He is not abusive in any way. He's been very supportive otherwise and is very loving, understanding and respectful even though the pregnancy was a complete shock to both of us]

[Edit Nr. 2: I have known the guy for years, we have been officialy together for the past two. I did not meet him yesterday, people. Also not looking for advice on whether either one of us qualifies for priesthood. If you want to impose your religious ideals on other people, kindly move along and find a thread with someone asking your personal opinion on their religious beliefs :) ]

[Edit Nr. 3: As the "More or less devoutly catholic" seemed to offend quite a few people in this context, I've edited the word to "practicing". Hope the popes of reddit will find this wording more acceptable :D]

[Final Edit: Please don't overinterpret. I know what my options regarding the pregnancy are and I am keeping them open, but that is not something that I am opening to public discussion. Up to discussion are possible conflict resolutions or well-intentioned warnings pertaining thereto. Please respect that :) ]

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

how many times has the boyfriend uttered the word "jihad" with regard to the baby?

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Dude, a 14 year old made a concious decision to gently caress up his chair. I don't blame the dude for being pissed. Are you telling me you really wouldn't care if something of yours that was nice and expensive got hosed up and the people who did it won't take responsibility?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Just stop talking to the woman and her lovely moron son, write the chair off as a loss

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Caganer posted:

not a very spicy take, you're going to need to be more subtle

I laughed at this, but you still need help.

Haifisch posted:

My [20F] boyfriend [27M] decided on the religious upbringing of our child without speaking to me.

So do you, lady. Expel the colonizer.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Batshit DnD DM is threatening legal action for using characters my friends and I used in his session as promotional materials for my art.

quote:

I live in Florida. English isn't my first language and I apologize if I'm a bit screwy with the words.

I'm an artist. I have a Patreon that makes up about half of my income, and I am able to survive decently off that and commissions. This is my job, not a hobby, so I'm very worried about this even if it seems ridiculous. I know nothing about law and would prefer not to have to waste money on a lawyer that I don't have.

I have a group of good friends I enjoying hanging out with, and they play DnD sessions together, which they've trying to get me to come to for years. I bit the bullet several months back and joined them, and at the time they had just befriended a relative stranger who had experience at being the DM. I remember him striking me as a bit off at the time (didn't smell that fantastic, occasional weird social interjections, unsolicited political opinions, etc.)

Nobody save one guy knew him too well, but they had hyped him up as an excellent DM. I had never played DnD or any tabletop at the time but found myself hooked from the first session, and I became a regular. The DM dude was a little strange sometimes but (at least from what I can tell from a rookie perspective and him being my only guy) he was really good with it, to his credit and was very imaginative. Our sessions quickly became the highlight of the week for me.

The character I used in my art was just an OC character I'd made and drawn before in my art (who serves as my mascot), whom I changed a little to fit within the universe. (Not a furry btw, not that I'm judging those who might be.)

After several sessions, I was very hyped up and I drew a fully colored group shot of our whole party, which everyone really liked.

I also started doing conventions again and recently traveled out of state to attend a new one, and I had a new banner printed for my table to use for future ones that features a showcase of my art. Included in the banner was a small collage of various different drawings of my mascot, including a picture of them in the archer costume they wore in the DnD session, which is just a cropped out version of what I drew for the group-shot. It also included some other characters that I've drawn recently, including another person in the group shot who is my closest friend and obviously had no problem with this, who created their character for the game. The DM does not have a character and nothing of his game was included save for these two. I think they are some of my nicest stuff (which is why I put them up!) and several people commented on mine very positively at a recent con and bought stuff after mentioning it.

I posted a picture of my table up on Facebook saying I'd be there all weekend, and the DM commented with "WTF?". I just responded "lol" because I thought it was a joke I was missing, and he didn't respond.

The next day, when I was at my table, he came to visit me without informing me. This con was quite a drive and at first I greeted him warmly, assuming he came for the con. He did not.

He starts off by taking pictures of my booth and clearly is upset. I ask him if something's up, and he points to my banner and tells me that I do not have a right to use "his characters" for financial gain. Note that he is not an artist/writer/anything and just DMs for fun while being a computer engineer. He makes a lot more than me and would never use these characters anyway, and more importantly, they aren't his to use!

I got very angry really fast, because he was implying that a character I've literally drawn for over a decade was his intellectual property because I gave them a bow and arrow and put them in his DnD game. When I said this he claimed that he helped me create the character when he helped me fill out of the character sheet, which is total BS. He helped me pick a class (me already knowing I wanted something similar to an archer) but I filled in everything that wasn't stat related in terms of what they looked and acted like. My friend did not create her character prior to using it for his DnD games, but that character also was done in the same manner and I don't understand how he could reasonably claim to have created it.

It's worth noting that I did not explicitly ask my friend if I could "use" her character on the banner, because she loved the drawing and to her the character was just a DnD creation, and I knew she'd have no problem with it especially with how much she loved the drawing and the fact that we are best friends. After explicitly asking her she obviously has no issue whatsoever with it and was even flattered. The character even looks just like she does and it's silly to say that he created it at all.

He said I needed to pay him or give him the banner (not take it down- GIVE HIM THE BANNER TO KEEP), and I refused to do either, so he left. He messaged me again on Facebook and I told him to gently caress off and blocked him, and told the group what happened, all of whom immediately took my side.

A few days ago, he sent me a letter from an actual lawyer, who we know is somehow related to him. It basically said that I was illegally using his IP and that I either needed to give him money for using it in the past and then give him more money and credit for it in the future/stop using it, or he will literally take me to court.

I also want to keep using the banner. It was relatively expensive and a pain in the butt to have printed, and it looks very nice and worked well. I don't have to if it will prolong this but it would be my preference.

I want to tell him to f off but I want to be absolutely sure I can't be taken down so I can't get in trouble for this, despite having done nothing wrong. I would really prefer not to hire a lawyer if necessary and definitely not to go to court but I'm assuming that wouldn't be necessary.

Thank you.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

No job for lady. OP is going to have to get their own new chair but then just cut the moron out of his life.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Doc Hawkins posted:

I laughed at this, but you still need help.

feel free to quote and respond to anything i've posted recently you have an issue with. if you have specific feedback, i'm all ears :)

My (26/M) girlfriend (25/F) of two years hit me in the face last night during an argument in front of my friends. Only one of them (26/F) finds this to be a big deal.

quote:

A few things. This has never happened before. I’m not saying that makes it better, but for the two years that we’ve been together, she has never reacted this way towards me until last night. It’s not a pattern and she did apologize once she had cooled down.

We were at a party. My friends were all there. We were having a good time at first, but over the course of the night I could tell my girlfriend was in a mood. I asked her what was wrong and she said she was just tired, wanted to go home sooner rather than later. Most of the time she’s great around my friends, so it wasn’t that she was uncomfortable or that she felt awkward around them. I told her we would leave after they had brought out the cake, which was soon after. It was my friend’s birthday, otherwise I would have offered to go home with her immediately.

She seemed okay with waiting another twenty or so minutes.

Once we had cut the cake and taken a few photos as a group, one of my friends asked me if I could help her with grabbing the wine glasses in the top cupboard. I was in the middle of doing so, then out of nowhere my girlfriend comes into the kitchen (which is open and clearly visible from living room where everyone else was hanging out) and demands that we go home right then and there. I asked her to give me a second whilst I got the wine glasses down. She folded her arms and just glared at me. My friend who was there could tell that there was tension, so she quickly said she would ask one of the other guys for help. I insisted on doing it. The glasses were way in the back so it took a bit of time to get them down without breaking anything. My girlfriend snapped at a certain point, about five or ten seconds in, and tried to grab the keys out of my back pocket so she could wait in my car.

Honestly I was a little annoyed with her at this point. It was my friend’s birthday. We were going to leave in a minute anyway, and she was still being so difficult without telling me what was wrong. I suggested she wait by the door, get her coat on, etc. She didn’t take kindly to that. The moment I set the last glass down on the counter, I turned my head around and out of loving nowhere she slapped me across the face. It was a hard, loud slap and everyone glanced over.

It was one of those moments where the laughter and music cut out.

I looked at my girlfriend in shock and she just angrily got out of there. For a few seconds after my friends were just standing around and looking at me, waiting for me to say something or to react somehow. I was too shocked at that point. The friend in the kitchen quickly asked if I was okay and offered to call a cab for my girlfriend instead of letting me drive her. I said it was okay and thanked her, and then I quietly left. My girlfriend was waiting for me by the car. She was fully crying at this point, apologized to me a dozen times over, said she had no idea what had come over her in the moment, why she had hit me, what happened, etc.

I told her to just stop and to just get in the car so we could leave. I drove her home to her apartment and then drove myself home to mine. We were going to spend the night together initially but obviously I was in no mood to be around her any longer than I had to.

No one I care about has ever hit me like that before. Not even my parents. It was embarrassing and really eye opening. I’m not sure what to think but I can say with confidence that my girlfriend is sorry for what she did and that she knows it was wrong. She’s not one of those people who think it’s okay for girls to hit guys. What happened to her in the moment, I’ve got no idea. She was just not feeling it last night. After two years together, this is the first time I’ve seen her react aggressively like that to anything. Even in the worst arguments.

I’m not sure if I should stay with her after that. In the back of my mind I know I should break up with her. I think I’m just too shocked right now to decide on anything at the moment. This happened last night. I got a text from my girlfriend last night and early this morning saying she’s deeply sorry for what she did and that she understands if I never want to speak to her again.

After texting a few of my friends, most are saying that I should give her a chance this once because it was so out of character for her. I get that. I love her and deep down believe that it was just a one time thing that she’s deeply sorry for. But I kind of expect more from my friends. They should be telling me not to take her back, shouldn’t they? That’s what I would do and have done on the outside of a similar situation between one of my friends and his girlfriend.

The only friend that seems to think this is a big deal at all is the friend who was in the kitchen. I guess it’s different for her because she saw it all happen from the start, not just the slap. She said I should at least get some space from my girlfriend and give myself time to think. Don’t do anything based on what I feel right now. Really think it over, make the best decision for me.

I haven’t slept all night. I tried but my thoughts are all over the place. I still haven’t replied to my girlfriend. I don’t really know what to do yet. On the one hand I want to forgive her but the on the other hand I’m a bit disgusted at my friends for brushing this off so easily.

tl;dr We were taking a little too long to leave my friend’s birthday party last night. She’s never reacted aggressively like this before. At all. She feels horrible, cried and apologized when we were alone. Most of my friends think I should give her another chance as it was just a one time thing probably, and although I want to, I’m a little disgusted at them for brushing it off so easily. Only one of them is advising me to think it over and get some space from her at least. I don’t know what to do.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

In FL you can sue plaintiffs and their attorney for legal fees if they bring a frivolous lawsuit. This guy should get a lawyer to threaten that very thing and this will go away.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
your friend in the kitchen is a good friend, leave anyone who hits you

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

La Brea Carpet posted:

Batshit DnD DM is threatening legal action for using characters my friends and I used in his session as promotional materials for my art.

PLEASE let this guy explain to a civil court judge how filling out a character sheet constitutes a copyright

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Rubellavator posted:

dude is gender neutral

try asking your straight male friends how many dudes they've hosed to test this theory

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

your friend in the kitchen is a good friend, leave anyone who hits you

But what if I met my girlfriend at my boxing gym

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Peanut Butler posted:

try asking your straight male friends how many dudes they've hosed to test this theory

would you give a dude a foot massage

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Caganer posted:

would you give a dude a foot massage

How hot is the guy

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Blade Runner posted:

How hot is the guy

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Foot massages are a univeral human right.

Feet are terrible and proof that if god made us he's a lovely DIYer

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
LOL at the leather chair. Woman is a complete idiot to think she could pull that poo poo and then get a job recommendation, what the gently caress

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Loving Caganer's new av lmao

lmao he already paid his :10bux: as I was posting. Guess he can't wait to spam his lovely hot takes all over the forums

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think Caganer has been a p good poster lately, fwiw. I don't quite get the level of vitrol.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
ironically, while it's perfectly valid to not give a rec, or to request compensation, saying "give me compensation if you want the job" is technically extortion

PetraCore posted:

I think Caganer has been a p good poster lately, fwiw. I don't quite get the level of vitrol.

:love:

My parents [53M & 54F] have banned me [20F] from staying in their house over winter vacation.

quote:

Hi Reddit! I've been lurking on this sub for a while but I think it is finally time for me to post too, as I am having some family problems right now. This story is fairly complicated but I will try to be as clear as possible.

Basically, back in November I planned to come home from college for winter vacation. I have a an apartment in my college town, and a part time job, and my hometown is about 40 minutes from college. Nevertheless, I wanted to come home to save money, see friends and avoid the loneliness of being one of the few left at college over the holidays. I was planning to commute to my work (I work about 15 hours a week and can easily commute without spending too much money).

However, the night I was due to come home, my mom told me I had to go and stay with my grandma because her and my stepdad had an argument about me coming home. For some background, my mom and stepdad have been married about 11 years, and my stepdad and I have had a somewhat rocky relationship over the years, although I think we have both always been friendly to each other's faces.

Turns out my stepdad doesn't think I pull my weight enough around the house, and doesn't want me to stay because I'm not respectful of him. I think both of these were unfair accusations, but I went to stay with my grandma for the first week of Christmas break anyway, because things between my parents and I were so tense.

Problem is, my grandma is an unpredictable alcoholic. I find living with her to be emotionally taxing. We used to be very close but her mental health has deteriorated in the last couple of years and now she can be very volatile and hard to live with. So of course, once things calmed down between my parents and I (without much communication, albeit), I moved in with them for the week of Christmas, and tried to be as helpful and respectful as possible.

Now, christmas is over and my mom has told me I need to move back to my grandma's, or move back to my college town. It makes me upset knowing that me living in my childhood home is no longer an option, and I've offered to pay rent and cook all my own food in exchange for being allowed to stay. My mom says her and my stepdad are having marital problems and this is a major reason she doesn't want me to be around (perhaps so they can communicate more openly without me there).

I don't want to move back to college as I have so few hours at work, no friends in town and no money. I was looking forward to spending Christmas with my parents, who I love, and to feel comfortable and secure at home. Instead I feel like this option has been removed without much explanation as to why. If anyone could help me make sense of this and suggest ways forward, I would appreciate it.

tl;dr My mom and stepdad are not allowing me to live with them over winter break, because of their marital problems. My only options are to live with my alcoholic grandma, or move back to college for the rest of the vacation, but neither option sounds feasible to me. I feel trapped.

Caganer fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 17, 2018

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A small claims case seems like a good way to prepare the son for his future experiences with the legal system

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Relationship-ish? can u see how dangerous it gets op??

Went to an escort today and she refused to have sex with me.

quote:

I haven’t had time to write this out in full detail but every word of this recount is true.
  • Texted her and told her I wanted to meet this afternoon.
  • Went to her hotel and waited in the lobby.
  • She called me asking where I was, saw me, and greeted me with a smile and I walked over to the elevator with her.
  • We had small talk in the elevator but I had trouble understanding her Eastern European accent.
  • When we got to her room she asked how old I was so I told her I was 22. I later found out that we’re around the same age.
  • We sat on the bed and chatted for a few minutes.
  • Wanting to move things along, I reached into my pocket and placed an envelope on the table, she thanked me and told me to take a shower.
  • I got out of the shower, and it was her turn to shower so I sat on the bed and watched a bit of TV.
  • She got out of the bathroom wearing a purple bathrobe said something like “hi” in a cute voice but I didn’t quite hear her what she said.
  • She sat on the bed and we looked at each other and I just can’t help but have a grin on my face because of how pretty she was.
  • As she was moving towards me I blurted out this was my “first time”.
  • She stopped and looked at me as if she had trouble understanding what I said. “first time for what...?” she asked.
  • I told her it was the first time having sex. “you’re a virgin?!” she said with a bit of shock in her voice.
  • The atmosphere suddenly became very tense. She asked me why I didn’t tell her before we met and I didn’t say anything because I honestly didn’t know what to say.
  • She then said my first time “shouldn’t be like this” and that it should be memorable and with a “normal girl”. It was clear at this point we were not going to have sex.
  • I jokingly replied that she too was a normal girl but I could tell she was serious.
  • So there we were, half naked wearing a towel and bathrobe sitting on the bed and just having a conversation.
  • She asked me about my past relationships and I told her a bit how things between my ex and I didn’t work out.
  • We chatted for a while longer and she said we could have lunch together instead and that the money wasn’t important.
  • I went into the bathroom and got dressed.
  • She smiled again and handed me back the envelope. I asked her if she was sure and she nodded. I told her I was going to leave and she made me promise her I won’t find “another girl” (escort) after this.
  • I told her I would take her advice and find a “real girl” but she didn’t seem to believe me.
  • I thanked her, she grabbed my hand and I shook it, and then I walked out the door.
  • A few moments after I left she texted me and said: “I hope you’re not upset”. I texted her back and told her she was right and I could’ve made a mistake, to which she replied with an emoji.

Here are my thoughts:
  • The entire thing lasted 30-35 minutes and she had every right to keep the money but instead she gave it all back.
  • I was too confused at that time to realize she actually wanted to have lunch, but all I wanted to do was leave because it was too awkward.
  • The first moments I saw her I just couldn't help but see her as a sex object, but after our conversation I felt different.
Edit:
  • She replied and said we could go get lunch. My day turned out completely different than planned. I'm really confused right now.
Edit 2:
  • Guys, she's not a street prostitute. More like a part time independent escort who does this on the side for extra cash. It would be rude to ask though.
Edit 3:
  • She flaked that lunch without letting me know before hand. A few hours later, she asked me to meet her later that night but I told her I'm busy. I decided to cut off all contact from this point onwards as I should never have even met her to begin with.

tl;dr a virgin gets rejected by a prostitute escort sex hobbyist with a heart of gold. This is good because...?

crazy man replies

quote:

//coming from a guy who used escorts. don't enter that dark road friend. It works the same way as porn. you'll tell yourself oh it will be only 1 time, 1 time won't hurt right? ive had amazing sex with escorts and ive had really bad ones too. And in both cases it didnt help me at all. especially the good ones.... one is feeding my escort addiction the other one crushes me.( what am i doing with my life, financially,...etc).

//and their loving smart to keep you emotionally attached to them. they are master manipulators ( you look handsome, i usually dont kiss clients but i only do it with you, we should go out sometime, I like spending time with you but you never told me your name?) Even tho they mean what they say, they use it for their advantage. because a regular client who they themselves like spending time with = good business right?

//in both cases you can compare sex with a prostitute with eating a meal and still be hungry afterwards... It's simply not fulfilling because even tho the sex was good. when the hr is done, its goodbye and some other client's turn now... I've told many times i would stop for sure but i forget overtime and just do it again... everytime i feel bad, everytime i get rejected by a girl, everytime i feel lonely = calling an escort.

//got rejected by a 6/10? I know the way... i already did this....and i get that 10/10 model girl i always dreamed of just with a fignersnap... I don't even have to spend time and energy to get that 10/10 pussy. can u see how dangerous it gets op??

//I even have an escort who text me randomly during the day. (hey whatsup, im wondering how you are doing ? , hey im going on vacation do i see you this week before i go?) temptation everywhere.... and dont let me start on the escorts who justify my visit when i start to tell them i want to stop..

//+ they all have mental problems. street hookers , or highclass champagne prostitutes , it doesnt matter... they are all addicted to money. they literally sell their bodies... its not normal... they earn 10 000 euro's a month and some are still in debt... some drive with porsches others wear chanel clothing, some have boyfriends ( AND THEY KNOW ABOUT IT, so romantic...) but im not jelous of their lives.... i really dont...

//if i could choose between porn addiction and prostitute addiction. I choose porn everytime... ive been relapsing on purpose this week and porn felt more normal than loving an escort... in porn theres more consent than paying escorts...

@padiresccuediver please Acknowledge my suffering and don't do the same as i did. don't even think about it in the future...

finally the real question is asked

quote:

What emoji was it?

quote:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 17, 2018

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

PetraCore posted:

He’s a transparently disingenuous and lovely little creep, but I’ve come to peace with it because he posts so much content. I just wish people would stop engaging with him when he posts obvious bait.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

PetraCore posted:

he's been ok in this thread but he just got banned for "just asking questions" about chloe dykstra's account of abuse by chris hardwick

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Nightgull posted:

He’s a transparently disingenuous and lovely little creep, but I’ve come to peace with it because he posts so much content. I just wish people would stop engaging with him when he posts obvious bait.

sorry you feel that way. do you have any specific feedback? please feel free to quote and respond to anything you've seen me post lately in the thread that you have an issue with.

anyways, i found this gem searching for "banned from"... I'll add each "edit" as another quote for readability

I am dating an ex's friend whom lives in the adjacent dorm room and my ex had me banned from the dorms. What should I do?

quote:

Needless to say, they aren't friends anymore. My ex girlfriend took the vindictive route and called up the dorm housing and told them she felt uncomfortable with me going to see my girlfriend in the dorm room next door. They effectively banned me from the housing building. She is trying to impede on my new relationship. I live in NJ and she lives in NYC, so this will make it harder for us to see each other in NYC. My girlfriend has a meeting with housing on Friday, but this whole thing has me really worked up. Any advice?

quote:

EDIT: Girlfriend is 18. I am 28. We have been seeing each other for about 2 months but just made it official several days ago. I have known her for over a year and met her through my ex-girlfriend. We always got a long really well and our personalities seem to click nicely together. We became an item shortly after my breakup with my ex-girlfriend. The ex-girlfriend and my relationship were on the rocks for quite some time before we broke up. I would rarely see her and we wouldn't have sex when we did see each other, mainly because I lost the love and attraction for her.

quote:

EDIT2: She suggested we break up, I said I thought it was a good idea, so maybe it could be considered mutual? She may have expected me to fight for the relationship, but I no longer felt the happiness we used to have.

quote:

EDIT3: Regards to all the creeper comments, keep em' coming. Seeing as that I'm not looked at as a creeper by any of our mutual friends, it's interesting to see you guys going nuts.

quote:

EDIT4: Met her when she was 18, she is now 19.

"none of the 19 year olds whose social circle i've inserted myself into think i'm a creep (aside from the one who had me banned from her dorm") :smug:

Caganer fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 17, 2018

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

goethe.cx posted:

he's been ok in this thread but he just got banned for "just asking questions" about chloe dykstra's account of abuse by chris hardwick
No, uh, he was talking about Wil Weaton's wife, not Chloe Dykstra, and was just saying that cheating is lovely but lying and gaslighting are different.

EDIT: Like you can agree or disagree with his take all you want but it wasn't about Chloe.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

goethe.cx posted:

there was a parallel discussion about joss whedon. that was about whedon and whether cheating on your wife is abuse.

i don't mind giving lowtax neck money but i don't appreciate my posts being twisted and taken out of context.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

D'oh, Joss Whedon, not Will Wheaton. I really need to get off the internet for a bit.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

whoops context is hard. i'll own that one, sorry dude

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

goethe.cx posted:

whoops context is hard. i'll own that one, sorry dude

no worries. i'm not mad at lowtax either, i think it's good he's got a light trigger for that stuff and I don't mind throwing some neck money around. (i just don't want people saying i was being lovely when i wasn't :()

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
The War Between the Pranks

My boyfriend [25 M] played a cruel prank on me [24 F] and won't apologize for it.

quote:

My boyfriend of 3 years played a prank on me 2 days ago. He basically told his friend to call me and tell me he was a in really serious car accident and was in the hospital and he probably wasn't going to make it. I raced over to the hospital in a worried panic. Nothing was wrong of course and I ended up embarrassing myself there.

I was furious with him. I thought this was a cruel prank. He thought it was hilarious and said it was revenge for the pranks I've played on him. For context the last 2 April fools day I played pranks on him yes. In 2017 I set all our clocks (including his phone, laptop and car clock) back an hour earlier so he woke up earlier and he didn't realize it was wrong until he was heading to work and the radio said a different time then what he thought it was. Sure that's annoying but I wouldn't describe it as cruel. He's always late for everything so it was just a joke. This year I did 2 pranks on April fools. I replaced his toothpaste with mayonnaise and then later put a note on his car apologizing for a dent that didn't exist. He was pretty mad about the car prank since it was new but again these pranks are harmless. However he thinks those pranks apparently justify making me think he was going to die. I seriously had the worst panic in my life and was in tears.

He thinks Im being overly sensitive and doesn't see the big deal and won't eve apologize since I've played pranks on him before

I just want some outside opinion. Am I totally wrong for being furious about this. I've already told him if that's his attitude then I'm definitely done with pranks but I am seriously wondering if this is a red flag about the relationship. Like surely a mature person can tell the difference between harmless pranks and pranks that are off-limits.

tl;dr: boyfriend played a prank on me making me think he was in a car accident sending me into panic. I was furious but he thinks I'm being over sensitive and think it was justified because I've played small pranks on him in the past.

:allears:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

My boyfriend [25 M] played a cruel prank on me [24 F] and won't apologize for it.

maybe she was about to search a mobile meth lab he was inside

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Never date a prankster.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Sounds like she got owned and doesn't want to face up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Technically wasn't his prank 'harmless" too? Like the car note thing feels to me to be p much identical in spirit just a lesser magnitude, the whole prank revolved in uncertainty and stress. Her pranks weren't really something "we can both laugh about" they were just being a dick to him, he certainly took it to 11 in retaliation but the thrust feels similar. No one got hurt, it was just a "joke" that revolved around making someone else suffer and going "haha, there was actually nothing to suffer over".

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 17, 2018