Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Erdricks posted:

If you aren't running wave of force you are probably doing it wrong,especially with the range increase at 20. Nothing like throwing out an orb, watching some smug fucker back away and think they are safely out of range, and then WoF them back into the max dmg orb.

Disintegrate gives you a radar though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

How do you get over a fear of playing against real people in this game? I've been playing this for a little while now and almost exclusively play against AI. The few times I've dipped my toes into quick match have not been the best experiences.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Just immediatly mute everyone.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Jelly Omelet posted:

How do you get over a fear of playing against real people in this game? I've been playing this for a little while now and almost exclusively play against AI. The few times I've dipped my toes into quick match have not been the best experiences.

You can turn off team and game chat in the options, and then it's just like playing with worse bots :shobon:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Short of getting a thicker skin there's just turning team chat off. It's honestly not that bad, and you can block + report people as needed.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Jelly Omelet posted:

Just be obnoxiously nice and give everyone a pep talk before gates open, that's what I do

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Jelly Omelet posted:

1. Establish dominance
2. Never admit guilt
3. When isolated with guilt, throw poo poo on the wall until it sticks.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Most of your teammates won’t be terrible assholes, merely terrible.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Want to add to the Lili chat - she excels at the 'obnoxious goading healer' archetype, ie Murky mode. As with Murky, it's a lower rank thing(since I assume higher level players don't bite as easy). The Fast feet and the blind/slow is a really good way to lure people to their deaths if they go full kill the healer mode.

You can do this with other supports, yes, but Fast Feet and people having an irrational hatred of pandas just gives Li Li the edge here. Karazhim can be cheeky with his dashes, Lucio can do it while adding tickle damage, but beyond that, supports are lead foots who have to rely on CC and others to adequately flee.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Thinks for the advice. Maybe I'm just getting hung up on a few bad experiences. I'll give it another go. Worst case I'll just go back to AI.

fool_of_sound posted:

Most of your teammates won’t be terrible assholes, merely terrible.

What if I'm the terrible one though?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jelly Omelet posted:

Block abusive people and otherwise just apologize if you screw up and learn from the mistake.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Jelly Omelet posted:

Thinks for the advice. Maybe I'm just getting hung up on a few bad experiences. I'll give it another go. Worst case I'll just go back to AI.

Play with goons. Some of us are terrible too!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm awful.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

MANime in the sheets posted:

Play with goons. Some of us are terrible too!

Let's make and all awful goon squad!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Jelly Omelet posted:

Let's make and all awful goon squad!

Pretty sure I was just in one...

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

fool_of_sound posted:

Block abusive people and otherwise just apologize if you screw up and learn from the mistake.

Be generous with "mb" and "nice!" and you should do fine

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

Ming has a really high skill ceiling. Everyone notices the Ming pentakills, but last weekend the casters never commented on how Mene repeatedly used teleport to dodge Anub's cocoon. I had no idea you could even do that.

A big reason that was possible is the zero ping LAN environment. Li Ming is really good with zero ping because none of her abilities force her to stop moving.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
The more I see Yrel, the more I just don't think she will ever be good. She gets totally poo poo on by both Mobility and Range in a game where Mobility and Range kinda rule the damned world. While at the same time offering neither.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Junkrat remains the best and most fun character in this game.

The post-game stats are always great because nobody realizes that junk had 40k more hero damage than anyone else

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

been playing stitches in QP, having a lot of fun but i kind of feel like a rat bastard

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I can't wait for NA based LAN events. I really like watching pro hots (probably more than playing it at this point) but the start times for MSB are killer :(

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm having a weird mouse lag problem, it started this morning apparently after the game patched itself. Cursor is jumpy, even just in the menus, very annoying ingame. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the mouse since it works fine in windows.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I was put off of learning Genji for a very long time due to his kit, but good sweet Lord does he just rip through the legions of Twin Blades Varians in QM. I've yet to lose a game with him.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Today's HGC matches are over but now they're doing an East vs West best of 3 with an inverted draft, meaning the teams switch after drafting. So first game was Raynor, Butcher, Zuljin, Deckard, and d.va vs Brightwing, Ana, Zagara, Probius, and Rexxar.

https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO53UmBIxc0

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

That lili is awesome

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Froghammer posted:

I was put off of learning Genji for a very long time due to his kit, but good sweet Lord does he just rip through the legions of Twin Blades Varians in QM. I've yet to lose a game with him.

Probably because his team got all tilted at him for not picking taunt into genji.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Brawl this week is cool and good

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hotfix, but still no fix on Varian.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Brawl this week is cool and good

I had an all LiLi game

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Jelly Omelet posted:

If you're going to turn off team chat go the extra mile and turn off private messages from non friends.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

banned from Starbucks posted:

If you're going to turn off team chat go the extra mile and turn off private messages from non friends.

But don't message people with it on because that makes you a prick.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

fool_of_sound posted:

I had an all LiLi game

I was thinking about that, it would take a year

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I was thinking about that, it would take a year

Eventually the punishers get so strong they just singlehandedly wipe the party if you dont constantly run away from them

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
What's up with Varian?

Also, I finally got around to learning Ragnaros, and he seems super good in uncoordinated QM. You just have so much waveclear and if the other team leaves you alone you turn into a monster with if you get your Q stacks early. I spent like 20 minutes in try mode practicing getting Q stacks and it's a minigame that's a lot more fun than Nazeebo or Azmodan's last hit quests.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Samu posted:

What's up with Varian?

His Shattering Throw talent is busted against Fenix in that it does its damage to his health as well as his shields, in some cases completely deleting him.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

His Shattering Throw talent is busted against Fenix in that it does its damage to his health as well as his shields, in some cases completely deleting him.

I tried that in a game yesterday and it didn’t seem to work. Knocked down his shields and did a tiny chunk of hp damage.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

fool_of_sound posted:

I tried that in a game yesterday and it didn’t seem to work. Knocked down his shields and did a tiny chunk of hp damage.

It's if you take the talent that regens shields off of auto-attack damage. Because you almost always have SOME amount of shields he's always getting the bonus. Does the same thing to a drinking Chen.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
I understand why Varian is so popular now. Took him from 1-5 in QM today, switching between tank and assassin. The game could use a few more characters like this where you can pick vastly different roles depending on the game.

I had trouble tanking with him because I'm used to the ETC stun machine and wasnt very effective, but I got a lot of kills with twin blades, and if you spec him to make 'W' absorb everything, he can dive and get back out somewhat reliably, and he can do a shitton of damage.

I'm going to play him more until he's no longer FTP, and I'll buy him next after Stukov. He's really fun, and the quests are neat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

I understand why Varian is so popular now. Took him from 1-5 in QM today, switching between tank and assassin. The game could use a few more characters like this where you can pick vastly different roles depending on the game.

I had trouble tanking with him because I'm used to the ETC stun machine and wasnt very effective, but I got a lot of kills with twin blades, and if you spec him to make 'W' absorb everything, he can dive and get back out somewhat reliably, and he can do a shitton of damage.

I'm going to play him more until he's no longer FTP, and I'll buy him next after Stukov. He's really fun, and the quests are neat too.

He's a beast with taunt once you learn it, too. Turns out Lili's weakness is forcing her to run into your team.