Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

prom candy posted:

Obviously there's no right or wrong way to play but I'd rather play 5 games in a row where I die top 80 than play a game where I go ten minutes without seeing anyone

I'm mostly talking about endgame, though there's definitely other times where caution and patience beat running in with a shotgun and hoping for the best. Especially now that footsteps are the noisiest thing in the game.

Funnily enough my daily today was for outliving opponents, so I was being extra lazy/sneaky but one of those games turned into solo win #2, so :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The new infrared scoped AR is pretty sweet. Was playing some 50v50 and knocked 2 guys down from across Loot Lake. Normally wouldn't even be able to see them with a sniper rifle zoomed in... I got 1 elimination out of it, the other guy must have got saved.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Xbox One: Asn0rban (that’s a zero)

Please dance with me. Been at it all morning with a friend and can’t get 2 other people to dance. I’m at probably 50 games of this over the last week.

Edit: got it.

Asnorban fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 16, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m on Switch/Occasionally PC as One_T_Matt

Let’s squad up but please realize I will drag your squad down :reject:

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
I'm Tar Squid ( no underscore ) on Fortnite, if you don't mind a randomly wandering around squid on you're squad, invite me!

I've been playing enough that I'm not completely hopeless but don't think I'm an expert or anything.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

If you're not enjoying going solo and getting dunked on, definitely try 50v50. It takes a while to get going but it's very fun once the poo poo hits the fan and it's good practice for the gun fights and building.

It's kind of a more leisurely experience too when you know generally where all of your opponents are going to be and you have a larger team to work with. Obviously it's far from the true Battle Royale experience but it has definitely helped me improve.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The material nerf hit 50v50 hard though. RIP mega forts. :(

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
If you still need your Risky chests it's pretty easy now if you load into squads as a solo.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

in 50v50 it's so easy to flank the other team just by guessing how they're going to reach the circle

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

in 50v50 it's so easy to flank the other team just by guessing how they're going to reach the circle

Player movement on 50v50 is basically like lungs that connect in the safe circle

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Yeah, finally got my last chest, which was the last challenge I needed to finish the week, which was the last week I needed for the super secret skin. There's nothing left on my list of challenges I need, and I feel... empty.

Anyway, Mukaikubo on PC if people want to pair up with someone thoroughly mediocre. I've won 7 solos out of about 300 matches, with about a 1.2 k/d ratio, so I am pretty much the definition of "very, very slightly above average" :v:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
How the hell are so many of you at level 100 already? I've completed all the weekly challenges and I do my daily almost every day and I'm at like 75ish. Is it just level up xp from playing a lot?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

prom candy posted:

How the hell are so many of you at level 100 already? I've completed all the weekly challenges and I do my daily almost every day and I'm at like 75ish. Is it just level up xp from playing a lot?

Talking season level or the battlepass? You can buy tiers in the battle pass for vbucks, alternately paying with friends that have the battle pass will level you quicker as well since you'll get bonus xp from them.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
It's a shame the Blockbuster challenge only needed 7 completed weeks, I'm definitely going to lay off this game a lot the moment I unlock the Omega skin.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

FauxLeather posted:

It's a shame the Blockbuster challenge only needed 7 completed weeks, I'm definitely going to lay off this game a lot the moment I unlock the Omega skin.

But are you level 80 yet? Still need that to unlock all the Omega goodies like the rad light colors.

Unless something radically changes, boy oh boy am I never making it to level 80. :v:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I’m not even going to bother trying for level 80. You get so little XP now. I kept expecting them to up it over the season, and that’s not going to happen at this point.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Yeah, the xp for completing the challenges is so low compared to how easy it is to level the battlepass from the challenges. I think I'm barely at season level 48 even though my battlepass is at 100. I did take a shortcut and buy the battlepass with 25 levels or so at the beginning. So I got to 100 much faster than I did with the same effort last season.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah I'm going to have to scrape by just to get to 65 to unlock everything for Carbide meanwhile I'm at 94 on my battle pass. The scaling on level costs is insane and I lack the time, patience, and teammates with pass bonuses to really pump levels out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Same, I'll get Omega and all easily but I don't play enough to get Omega between IRL stuff and new Path of Exile league.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The skin you get with 7 challenges (Visitor) is a odd choice. It looks like a 500 bucks skin more than something you work forward the entire season.

Omega... I can understand the appeal, is black and looks menacing, but for this game I think John Wick work much better.

My favorite skins for this season are Zoey, because have a attitude, looks like somebody having fun; and Teknica, because she kind of meld in the enviroment really well.

Are they reserving a decent cape for future heroes, or capes can be a problem with some dances? visitor cape is too short.

\/ \/

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It looks pretty good with full customisations but is trash otherwise.

Sorry, I mean the Visitor, not Omega.

Tei fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 16, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tei posted:

The skin you get with 100 levels is a odd choice. It looks like a 500 bucks skin more than something you work forward the entire season.

It looks pretty good with full customisations but is trash otherwise.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
They did better capes back in City of Heroes. But that was a superhero game so it'd be a given to have a cape.

I do like the Teknica skin and the soccer skins but I think I've grown attached to the Burnout skin for my character at this point. Kind of wish I'd figured that out before I wasted money on the soccer ones. Not regretting the vuvuzela pickaxe though.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
any goons playing h1z1 on ps4?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

vivisectvnv posted:

any goons playing h1z1 on ps4?

Nope.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Tei posted:

The skin you get with 7 challenges (Visitor) is a odd choice. It looks like a 500 bucks skin more than something you work forward the entire season.

It's literally Boba Fett, which automatically adds an extra 20% cool points.

Tei posted:

Are they reserving a decent cape for future heroes, or capes can be a problem with some dances? visitor cape is too short.

Omen (on the store right now) has a fuller cape, but it's also weirdly thick and you can visibly see where the two different pieces hook together, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
What idiot decided the new thermal AR belongs in the sniper shootout?

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just learnt that completing all the 100 tiers makes completing challenges give you more XP?

drat I need to start grinding to lvl 80

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Little Bitch Man posted:

I just learnt that completing all the 100 tiers makes completing challenges give you more XP?

drat I need to start grinding to lvl 80

Just so you know, level 60 is 50% of experience needed for level 80.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Just so you know, level 60 is 50% of experience needed for level 80.
Yeah :smithcloud:
Hoping I could get to lvl 65 before next week's challenge and then 5 levels per week subsequently
Probably unrealistic though

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

santanotreal posted:

What idiot decided the new thermal AR belongs in the sniper shootout?

Its got a scope, it gets in!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well I tried to play tonight but, I couldn't even figure out how to turn my TV on so massive fail....

The remote broke. Bought a new one and set it up, was working and then tonight nothing. Didn't even get to watch the Redbox I got.

All I needed was a drat power button but apparently SMART TVs don't have them or some poo poo.

Literally, all I needed to do was turn the drat thing on.

Blaming the roommates boyfriend for this one.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How many remotes do you break?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Little Bitch Man posted:

Yeah :smithcloud:
Hoping I could get to lvl 65 before next week's challenge and then 5 levels per week subsequently
Probably unrealistic though

Eh if you can hit 65 before next week then doing 6-5-4 doesn’t sound too bad, but you’ll be playing a lot.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Chalking this up to the roommates boyfriend. He literally gets in fits of rage over her and breaks poo poo.

Like the $500 he just had to spend to replace the oven he destroyed. Lol. (Glad I wasn't there for that one).

I just wanna turn the TV on....

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Uhh I mean that's not really funny, that's abuse?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

A Man and his dog posted:

Chalking this up to the roommates boyfriend. He literally gets in fits of rage over her and breaks poo poo.

Like the $500 he just had to spend to replace the oven he destroyed. Lol. (Glad I wasn't there for that one).

I just wanna turn the TV on....

:sever:

Asnorban posted:

I’m not even going to bother trying for level 80. You get so little XP now. I kept expecting them to up it over the season, and that’s not going to happen at this point.

I'm still holding out for a double EXP event like last season.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Omen (on the store right now) has a fuller cape, but it's also weirdly thick and you can visibly see where the two different pieces hook together, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Yea. funny that we where talking about this. Is still a ugly cape. Destiny 1 did this much better ( I played City of Heroes , but don't remember the capes).

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

Tei posted:

( I played City of Heroes , but don't remember the capes).

Wh- ...there was like an entire mission you had to do to unlock the capes, it was a Really Big Deal and everything.

Guess I shouldn't say anything though since on two of my characters I used it for a scarf and only one of the others even added it to their primary costume.

But yeah point is there's plenty of room for good cape technology.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tar_Squid posted:

Wh- ...there was like an entire mission you had to do to unlock the capes, it was a Really Big Deal and everything.

Guess I shouldn't say anything though since on two of my characters I used it for a scarf and only one of the others even added it to their primary costume.

But yeah point is there's plenty of room for good cape technology.

Capes weren't in launch. They had tech trouble making non lovely capes that didnt chug and cause resource issues, so didn't include them and gave lore excuse of 'No hero wears capes now in honor of a dead dude's sacrifice.' Then when the tech was ready patched in that quest chain to unlock the right to wear a cape again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Capes weren't in launch. They had tech trouble making non lovely capes that didnt chug and cause resource issues, so didn't include them and gave lore excuse of 'No hero wears capes now in honor of a dead dude's sacrifice.' Then when the tech was ready patched in that quest chain to unlock the right to wear a cape again.

The villain side was even better- you had to defeat a hero wearing a cape to get the right to wear one.