Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

chumbler posted:

Maybe the answer really is to just not like things.

I'll start with your posting.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
liking things is way more fun

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
imo if i didn't like things i would feel extremely lovely as a person

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like anime.

AND MANGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I like some of you

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

You will show the proper reverence for the epic battle shonen moment where a guy punches the mean guy, or else.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I like all of you. I like it when everyone gets along and talks about anime.

I currently have to wait two weeks to watch Hinamatsuri because the friend I watch it with is out of town and this is very hard.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I like...

Lamp.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Viridiant posted:

I like all of you. I like it when everyone gets along and talks about anime.

I currently have to wait two weeks to watch Hinamatsuri because the friend I watch it with is out of town and this is very hard.

I think it's best if we all only post things like "I liked [episode] of [show] this week" or "I liked [scene] in [episode] of [show]" and act really nice and then if someone says a single bad thing about a show we like six of us immediately descend from the discord to call them a piece of poo poo human being.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I think it's best if we all only post things like "I liked [episode] of [show] this week" or "I liked [scene] in [episode] of [show]" and act really nice and then if someone says a single bad thing about a show we like six of us descend from the discord to call them a piece of poo poo human being.
The arguments over, dude, you dont need to drag it back up to be pissy, especially in response to someone who wasnt even a part of the argument

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nobody even backed up eelas insane callout

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
all the let's all get along and what if we all just like things posts in the last 2 pages weird me out, in light of it

also i'm a slow reader

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Im all for criticism but dismissive 'x sucks' posts arent really discussions and i dont think not wanting an anime forum to descend into insane infighting is, a reasonable thing to want

Eelas response was ludicrous, mind.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
poo poo, that's highly fair and reasonable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wish people were better at articulating why they like things too, mind, but at least tossing 'i like ___' into the void theoretically allows for some kind of followup, or doesnt shut anybody down, while responding to 'i like ____' with '____ sucks' isnt exactly high criticism and your options are basically 'explain why you like it to someone who wont listen' or 'just ignore it'. If someone was responding to '___ sucks' with 'i like ___' itd suck too, mind

Theres an interesting discussion to be had about MHAs strengths and flaws and literally nobody in that argument was interested in having it

Also half the 'its okay to like things' posts were in response to that one guys joke about my frustrations with discourse, not even that argument

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

For the record I wasn't trying to downplay frustrations with discourse and was trying to joke on the idea of some people calling things bad because of the thought that the wrong people might like them.

But that whole thing isn't really my place, so I should have avoided it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Heads up but this weeks Precure was very much Hugatto mixed in with Symphogear and Futari Wa

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It was two people over stuff on subforums most people here probably don't read. I would've ignored it like Terper, but while eela's response was ill-advised they even said they were falling off MHA so it's disingenuous to say it over over Not Like Show.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I was gonna post a pic of the girl from sao peice signing next to her ingame av but imgur doesnt fcking work fml

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
After that I was gonna post a pic of the girl saying "please describe in detail how you killed us" because that's funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ill do my best to kill!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like k-on

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

i kinda feel like i spend the optimal amount of time in adtrw

enough to get some interesting recommendations for cool manga and anime, not enough to have any idea what the in-forums fighting is about

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

I like k-on

tmi

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Namtab posted:

I like k-on

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was still really enjoying Darling in the Franxx, up until this week. Unless the ending of this episode turns out to be a fakeout, it sucks, I hate it, worst show

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Kase-san ova was good, lots of crying

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Motto posted:

It was two people over stuff on subforums most people here probably don't read. I would've ignored it like Terper, but while eela's response was ill-advised they even said they were falling off MHA so it's disingenuous to say it over over Not Like Show.

what happened in the mysterious subforums

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
today's ep of mha was a cool character beat for all might and deku

i fell off ggo so i'll probably watch all of the second half of that when it's done airing since then i can just blaze through it

i need to finish gopri so i can watch hugtto precure, they are both the supreme action anime that surpass all feeble shounen except the ones you like, those are cool too

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
how much of a real stakes plot is there with the irl stuff in ggo? got to the bit in episode 6 and i don't really mean this as a criticism but i just lose interest really fast with that stuff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not a ton? there's some drama but its still mostly just 'we have to win a tournament in a video game,' nobody's in danger of dying in real life or anything, it's just video games as a way to work through weird poo poo that happened in the past. the stakes are character based, not really based in anything like the main sao series' gun gale arc.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
BotL *is* a piece of poo poo human being. This is not a matter of him liking MHA or not, it's his entire schtick of trolling one subforum after the next until he gets banned from them. His basic trick to to dump some snarky comment on any sort of positive reaction to anything, to try and turn the conversation to be about him. A lot of us have him on ignore but it doesn't really work because there's constantly people new to him that starts this same old argument.

Anyway, to make this post not entirely about the guy I did mention Emara earlier, I think people might wanna check it out. It's a UAE (yes, United Arab Emirates) web series about a girl who is a robot (?) that is pretty cool and cute. IMO anyway. Not sure if it counts as anime...

DisDisDis posted:

how much of a real stakes plot is there with the irl stuff in ggo? got to the bit in episode 6 and i don't really mean this as a criticism but i just lose interest really fast with that stuff

Some stakes are established at the last arc, but it's not clear how real it is, and so far it doesn't seem that relevant really.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ok

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

not a ton? there's some drama but its still mostly just 'we have to win a tournament in a video game,' nobody's in danger of dying in real life or anything, it's just video games as a way to work through weird poo poo that happened in the past. the stakes are character based, not really based in anything like the main sao series' gun gale arc.

cool and good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Did I mention I love Duo henshins? Cause I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_fpYUv--hY

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The only thing worse than the bad poster is carrying on the conversation about the bad poster, in this gamers opinion

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

DisDisDis posted:

I think it's best if we all only post things like "I liked [episode] of [show] this week" or "I liked [scene] in [episode] of [show]" and act really nice and then if someone says a single bad thing about a show we like six of us immediately descend from the discord to call them a piece of poo poo human being.

I'm sorry if my post came off as dismissive, that wasn't my intention. I think it's okay to discuss things you don't like, even if it's an unpopular opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Edit: Never mind

• Locked thread