Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hell yeah, time to start bugging my Switch-having brother to pick this one up.

Also maybe time to take another crack at beating any of the DLC content on PC :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Hell yeah, time to start bugging my Switch-having brother to pick this one up.

Also maybe time to take another crack at beating any of the DLC content on PC :negative:

Nightmare King Grimm is easily the best boss fight in the game, you're doing yourself a disservice avoiding it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

are they ever going to give us a release date for gods and glory, or what

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Obviously they will at some point, it was always coming after the switch release. I’d be surprised if it’s not within the next two months at this point, probably in July. Have no idea how long the hornet dlc will be thorough since the scope isn’t even known yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone play this on Switch yet? How does it perform?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Arrhythmia posted:

Nightmare King Grimm is easily the best boss fight in the game, you're doing yourself a disservice avoiding it.

I actually like Grey Prince and White Defender more. Also I think Radiance is a harder fight. Grimm is still a really good boss though, and i like how both of his fights reward charged attacks more than spamming your basic ones due to his teleporting. It got me to start using charge attacks more.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
https://clips.twitch.tv/LivelyFairMangoShadyLulu

Watching someone play this game blind is really funny

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

hey i absolutely hate that new fluke enemy in the trailer

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LivelyFairMangoShadyLulu

Watching someone play this game blind is really funny

I did that exact thing during my playthrough lol, didn't revisit it until halfway through the game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh drat all the Nailsages are probably gonna be bosses then

That's loving cool

Noooo I can't fight them they were so happy and retired :smith:

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

My only complaint about HK Switch isn't really about HK, it's that the joycon joysticks or d-pad seem really really hard to control precisely as I'd like. I'm sure the regular sized gamepads you can get get for the Switch are fine, but it's hard for me to play Hollow Knight on the go or at work with just the base joycons*

Otherwise, game seems A+. Did they add some new sounds to some of the creatures in Green Path or did I just somehow never notice them during my five million playthroughs?

* = Editing to explain, it isn't actually hard to play, it's just harder to pull off some stuff using Joycons that I was used to on PC

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 13, 2018

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Knorth posted:

I did that exact thing during my playthrough lol, didn't revisit it until halfway through the game

Same kind of, I immediately peaced out at first but worked up the courage to actually see what it was all about on my way out of Greenpath after beating Hornet.

Ambivalent posted:

Otherwise, game seems A+. Did they add some new sounds to some of the creatures in Green Path or did I just somehow never notice them during my five million playthroughs?

I think the Lifeblood update added a bunch of new creature sound effects across the entire game, but I couldn't list them all from memory.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Team Cherry showed off Gods and Glory if anyone wants to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lLs9JJw3-s.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't usually play this genre but I've been seeing folks rave about it for ages so I picked up the Switch version. I'm kinda awful at it but I've managed to struggle my way to the City of Tears and it's fuckin worth it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

where am I going to find a new simple key

Also the way that Nailmaster Sheo covered the entire arena in paint is amazing.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I got into the queens garden once and was there for quite a while until being unceremoniously dumped into the deepnest. Now I can't find my way back to the gardens. Am I missing something or did I just forget where the entrance was?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You just forgot where the entrance was, nothing special about this.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
the soul master is a nerd and can eat my butt!!!!!!!!! i was so close to one-rounding him before he did his UNHONORABLE fakeout.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Arrhythmia posted:

You just forgot where the entrance was, nothing special about this.

I mean, the place is specifically designed to make you forget where the entrance is, so don't feel bad about it. If it was easy, it wouldn't be terrifying, and what is that place if not an area that is very lovingly handcrafted to drill directly down to some of humanity's most primal fears (the dark, getting lost, having things crawling all over you).

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

God drat it, I waited so long, and now it finally comes out right after I just bought a bunch of games that I need to play before moving on to something else.

I mean my normal buying habit is to wait a long time after releases to buy things on discount anyways, but it's still frustrating.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rebought this game on the Switch, no regrets.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Augus posted:

Rebought this game on the Switch, no regrets.

I'm considering doing the same. Not because I want to play it on the switch, but because I want to give team cherry another 15bux.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm not sure if I'm relieved by how much I'm enjoying playing this, or disappointed that I waited for Switch and could have played this ages ago and played it again now.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

I'm not sure if I'm relieved by how much I'm enjoying playing this, or disappointed that I waited for Switch and could have played this ages ago and played it again now.
it's so good :swoon:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bogart posted:

the soul master is a nerd and can eat my butt!!!!!!!!! i was so close to one-rounding him before he did his UNHONORABLE fakeout.

That is my favourite thing about that boss.

He even drops a fake upgrade.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

How does the dlc work? Are they segmented zones or could I stumble upon them over the course of a standard playthrough?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You can stumble over them.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Soul Master is a mother fucker. More annoying is the journey from the nearest bench goes through like three of those smaller teleporting soul guys.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Sock The Great posted:

Soul Master is a mother fucker. More annoying is the journey from the nearest bench goes through like three of those smaller teleporting soul guys.

Yeah, he totally is. One thing that might help with the walk there that I didn't discover until after I beat him was that you can break the wall just to the right of that bench and take a shortcut directly into the Soul Sanctum. It won't avoid any of his rear end in a top hat teleporting buddies, but it's something!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm at ~70% completion and am starting to run out of places to look. I lost track of where the "come back later" things were on the map for rooms that are fully drawn. I should've taken better notes with markers, but may just end up pulling up a map for the last few things.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I was bummed that getting soul master wouldn't get his little buddies. I thought they were like....projections of the real deal but I guess if they're gone you can't get the hunter's insight into 'em.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Just got this game on the switch. It keeps being frustrating and the like. I beat the first boss (at least six tries), and didn't get any upgrades? Cool with that, game be fun.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Not to be "that guy" but I didn't have any trouble at all with soul master.

Now the collector on the other hand is an absolute rat bastard and has become the bane of my existence.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

PantsBandit posted:

Not to be "that guy" but I didn't have any trouble at all with soul master.

Now the collector on the other hand is an absolute rat bastard and has become the bane of my existence.

Just like every boss, soul master is a lot harder if you fight him early. I fought him as soon as possible and he was a real rough customer. Collector on the other hand I fought after fully upgrading my nail and he just fell over on my second try

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Fickle Isthmus posted:

Just got this game on the switch. It keeps being frustrating and the like. I beat the first boss (at least six tries), and didn't get any upgrades? Cool with that, game be fun.

Some bosses don't immediately drop a power up but open up into an area where you will get a power up.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Just like every boss, soul master is a lot harder if you fight him early. I fought him as soon as possible and he was a real rough customer. Collector on the other hand I fought after fully upgrading my nail and he just fell over on my second try

I fought him as soon as possible, right after making it to ths city of tears. He was harder than ths bosses up to that point but honestly I think he has really easy to read attacks and actually gives you openings to heal unlike a lot of other bosses.

Collector is rough imo because he fills the screen with poo poo you have to dodge and is super quick so often you'll get smacked trying to get a focus in. Plus you don't even get any soul for hitting him so you have to make do with what you can eke out of his minions.

Edit: went back after getting the final nail upgrade and it was way easier. There's a massive benefit because the adds die in one hit instead of two, so you can keep the screen clear. I can definitely see why you felt it was easy.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 17, 2018

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

RatHat posted:

Anyone play this on Switch yet? How does it perform?

Nearly perfect 60FPS both docked and handheld. It only gets a touch stuttery in City of Tears and Soul Sanctum probably because of all the lights, which can affect the rhythm of combat a little, but I don't even know why I mention it because it's such a minor issue.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah the switch port is incredible. I'm about 20 hours in and it's been pretty much flawless.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I played this game and just came back to it but am not sure where to start... uh I have:
howling cliffs, dirtmouth
greenpath, forgotten crossroads
fungal wastes.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

redreader posted:

I played this game and just came back to it but am not sure where to start... uh I have:
howling cliffs, dirtmouth
greenpath, forgotten crossroads
fungal wastes.

I'm not sure what to do next.

There is no wrong way to go