Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How the gently caress do my Voiceless Dead with 6 moth destroy evidence every time, but every time I sent out my Exalted Moth cultists they die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

How the gently caress do my Voiceless Dead with 6 moth destroy evidence every time, but every time I sent out my Exalted Moth cultists they die.

Conversely, I have terrible luck using Voiceless Dead to destroy evidence. I even lost a Raw Prophet that way, too.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

50 hours in I finally got my first standard enlightenment victory, with two stacks of Fascination and a damning evidence on the board. Too late fuckers, I'm Long now!

edit: Watchman speculation

In "The Focus of Amber" the author claims that the Watchman is "both a god-who-was-flesh and a god-from-Light", and that he ascended into the Glory (presumably when/how he changed from flesh to light) in order to escape the efforts by the other Hours to send him Nowhere. So we know that when the Hours die they go Nowhere, which what happened to Sun-in-Splendor. The books also talk about how this death basically created/greatly increased the threat of the Worms, and Alexis Kennedy even said Hours dying is "generally not a positive thing". The book ends with the author trying to explain that "eyes, eggs and the Sun are all in some sense conjunct", which leads to some possible conclusions:

The Egg Unhatched, a God-from-Stone who's fate is unknown but is no longer around, is somehow connected to the Watchman. The Watchman is consistently defined as the god of "merciless revelations", but in "The World Does not Weep" the author says "[The Ivory Dove] won't permit what happened to the First Egg to be forgotten, though it is perhaps the one thing the Watchman might ever forgive...". Maybe the Egg Unhatched is a previous iteration of the Watchman, one that he usurped like the Forge of Days usurped The Flint or how The Moth usurped the Wheel, which would explain why that would be the only thing he would forgive because not only did he do it, it allowed him to ascend. Or maybe he was a Name of The Egg Unhatched who ascended when he was killed by other Hours, and that's what created the first Worms. All of the other Gods-from-Stone weren't explicitly destroyed, they were just usurped. Seven Coiled became Mother of Ants, Wheel became The Moth, Flint became the Forge of Days, Tide became the Grail, and we don't know about a few others. So if the Egg Unhatched was the only Hour to be actually destroyed that might explain why the Ivory Dove singles that one out among the others.

Maybe he was a human, possibly the first human, to ascend to become an Hour, which angered the other Hours who tried to send him Nowhere, but he managed to ascend high enough to transform into a God-from-Light which offered him some sort of status or protection. Considering the ending talks about how your character may one day follow him into Glory and ascend (the end of the pilgrimage, with 6 others, the first being the Vagabond [who is may also trying to change into a God-from-Light herself?]), maybe he was the very first God-from-Flesh, and represents a very real threat to every other Hour by starting a worrying trend of humans ascending beyond what the other Hours can manage?

In "The Time of Division", the author says "The Sun will be divided that it might not sire children. Still its children shall be Four in number and its children shall be Seven in number and its children shall also be Numberless. The Numberless shall open the way for the Seven, and the Seven shall consume the Four…". It concludes speculating that the Intercalate Rite the book teaches the player is "necessary for the Second Dawn".

So the Sun-in-Splendor's four children who were created from his death will create seven children, who's children will be Numberless. So maybe the Watchman is going to find the 7 (grand)children, lead them in creating the Second Dawn by reviving the Sun-in-Splendor, which consumes the original 4 children, and creates "The Numberless", which could be humanity as a whole somehow ascending to Mansus?

Since the Worms are such a grave threat, and possibly even conducting their third major war (WW1, given the time frame), the endgame is to ascend all of humanity enough that there is no one to infect (since I don't think it's even been mentioned that the Worms can infect/control Longs/Names/Hours). It could also have something to do with the Creeping Growth that is starting to infest Mansus.

Yorkshire Pudding fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 16, 2018

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

The Egg Unhatched, a God-from-Stone who's fate is unknown but is no longer around, is somehow connected to the Watchman. The Watchman is consistently defined as the god of "merciless revelations", but in "The World Does not Weep" the author says "[The Ivory Dove] won't permit what happened to the First Egg to be forgotten, though it is perhaps the one thing the Watchman might ever forgive...". Maybe the Egg Unhatched is a previous iteration of the Watchman, one that he usurped like the Forge of Days usurped The Flint or how The Moth usurped the Wheel, which would explain why that would be the only thing he would forgive because not only did he do it, it allowed him to ascend. Or maybe he was a Name of The Egg Unhatched who ascended when he was killed by other Hours, and that's what created the first Worms. All of the other Gods-from-Stone weren't explicitly destroyed, they were just usurped. Seven Coiled became Mother of Ants, Wheel became The Moth, Flint became the Forge of Days, Tide became the Grail, and we don't know about a few others. So if the Egg Unhatched was the only Hour to be actually destroyed that might explain why the Ivory Dove singles that one out among the others.

quote:

The Manner in which the Alchemist was Spared - Vak - Forge 14
In 1782, Anaël Verdier used this text as the basis for a presentation to the Academy of Sciences in Paris. He was executed in secret the following morning without trial.
In the days of the Carapace Cross, when humanity lived in the dark and ate on its knees, humans could enter the Mansus like vermin. One learnt the arts of Flint, the arts of shaping and remaking...
‘Through the Black, the Yellow, the Red, the Unwise Mortal ascended to the shadow of the Egg Unhatching, and remained in his service. He may be there to this day.’

Vak is a literally prehistoric language, so I interpret this as being prelude to the Intercalate and the Watchmen's second ascension. So the Watchman first ascended as an Hour to replace the Egg, but loyal to the Egg, which is what caused the other Hours to plot his demise. He eventually left the Egg's service, and I interpret what the Ivory Dove says as the Watchmen being willing to forgive the crimes against the Egg, and therefore that the Egg and the Watchman did not part amicably. So the Watchman somehow ascended to the Glory and when he returned, he was in his current guise - and due to either the separation from his previous loyalty or his newfound power, the Hours no longer worked against him.

quote:

A Second Glory - Winter 10, Rite of the Beast's Division
The priest Juceh celebrates the extirpation of the Gods-who-were-Stone, those Hours who preceded humanity.
Juceh engages in an apologia for the destruction of the Hours: they were old, they were cowardly, they were vile, their time had passed, and it was the shining destiny of humankind to seize the House through glorious battle.
Juceh recounts how the Hour called Seven-Coils was slain in a battled by the Colonel, how the Grail devoured the Hour called Tide, and how the Egg Unhatching ‘fled like a coward’. He’s quite vituperative about the Egg Unhatching. He warns darkly against its return.

This is apologia, so it could be that the Egg was banished rather than fleeing, but it does seem to indicate that it remains intact, wherever it is. The Egg being unfinished business could be why the Hours plotted against the Watchman precursor - the Horned Axe was another survivor, but it made peace with the other Hours and found a new niche for itself. Perhaps this is what inspired the Watchman to do the same.

quote:

The book ends with the author trying to explain that "eyes, eggs and the Sun are all in some sense conjunct"

I'm not sure whether to take this as truth; the book's text certainly indicates an unreliable narrator. If it's true, it seems to indicate that the Watchman (aka the Door-in-the-Eye), the Egg Unhatching, and the Sun-in-Splendour were all of the same aspect. My thought is that the Sun-in-Splendour predates the death of the Gods-From-Stone - I've nothing solid to base this on, but the Forge definitely predates it and the Forge and the Sun-in-Splendour are both Gods-From-Light and there doesn't seem to be any indications the the Forge is the elder. But combined with the aspect-sharing it would mean that there was overlap and competition between Sun and Egg; possibly why the Sun-in-Splendour allowed or did not intervene with the usurpations?

Alternately, if Egg and the Sun-in-Splendour had separate aspects (my theory is that the Egg is a precursor to Heart, and his absence allowed the Thunderskin to ascend), this could be the writer not knowing of the Watchman's re-ascension and therefore trying to draw a link that doesn't exist between his previous aspect and his new one.

In "The Time of Division", the author says "The Sun will be divided that it might not sire children. Still its children shall be Four in number and its children shall be Seven in number and its children shall also be Numberless. The Numberless shall open the way for the Seven, and the Seven shall consume the Four…". It concludes speculating that the Intercalate Rite the book teaches the player is "necessary for the Second Dawn".

So the Sun-in-Splendor's four children who were created from his death will create seven children, who's children will be Numberless. So maybe the Watchman is going to find the 7 (grand)children, lead them in creating the Second Dawn by reviving the Sun-in-Splendor, which consumes the original 4 children, and creates "The Numberless", which could be humanity as a whole somehow ascending to Mansus?

I think this is regarding the Enlightenment ascension; it's been a while since I've seen it but IIRC it says something about perhaps ascending one day with the Watchman?

Found a screenshot earlier in the thread:

quote:

One day - perhaps one day soon - the Pilgrimage will conclude, and the Watchman will permit seven souls to ascend further. The Hour called Vagabond will be the first. Perhaps I will be the seventh.

The Baldomerian also makes nice with you in the Lodge of the Sage Knight in the hopes that you might bring her as your +1 if you ascend. This is probably a 'greater victory' that will be added later.

The Numberless might be the Worms, which are said to have 'bred in the corpse of the Sun'; or they might be the human dead that flock to the Mansus, which only happens post-Intercalate. I'm not sure how either could be said to have 'opened the way', though, unless it hasn't happened yet.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Further speculations on the Intercalate:

The Intercalate:
The Vinzant Inscriptions: Long ago, the Sisterhood of the Knot recounted, the Forge loved the Hour called the Sun-in-Splendour. The Red Grail long anticipated their union, and the Grail-priestesses prophesied it...
The Time of Division: The Sun will be divided that it might not sire children.
The Book of the Extinguished Heart: Lazali indicates that the Sun will be divided in the Malleary, by the Forge of Days, armed with the love in her heart.
Painting of the The Forge of Days: If the Forge-of-Days could regret anything, it would regret the Intercalate. In all its other creations, it knows joy. (from memory - not the exact words)
The Red Church: That night the Names of the Grail gathered to speak of those Long who've sworn off the pleasures of the bedchamber - save between man and man, or woman and woman. 'They still pay the tribute of delight,' an Ivory said. 'They do not bear fruit,' a Lovely said. 'If Forge and Sun had only joined -' a Thirstly lamented.

Crime of the Sky:
The Dream of the Conspiracy of the Lower Skies: He identifies the ‘Fear of the Crime of the Sky’ as the reason that Hours do not satisfy other passions.
Five Creations: We consumed not only our parents, 'which is not the Crime of the Sky', but also our origin, so that we came from Nowhere
The Silver Book: Members of the Ordo took an oath, the Silver Chain, that forbade men to lie with women, or women with men: 'for what may come is not always the Crime of the Sky, yet that is a furious danger'.

Speculation:
The Forge-of-Days and the Sun-in-Splendour both came from the Glory, and the Forge desired the Sun. Grail egged the Forge on, and the Forge laid with the Sun, but afterwards (during?) destroyed it to prevent a child from coming of their union. A child of two Hours (and possibly of two Longs, and possibly even two Knows?) is a 'Crime of the Sky', and whatever the result would be, it must be pretty drat terrible if the Intercalate is preferable. Instead of creating children in the more traditional way, this created four 'children' of the Intercalate - the Sun-in-Rags, the Madrugad, the Meniscate, and one of either the Wolf Divided or the Flowermaker.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Booh for no beta patch on gog I guess. Literally unplayable now that I learned about snap to grid.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Eh. The current implementation leaves far too much space between cards and interacts poorly with verbs.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
You can select the distance. I think the default is half a card but you can choose a quarter or an eight. The smallest lines up nicely between cards. But occasionally will think I'm trying to drop on a card instead of beside it.

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe
Egg being cognate with Sun is an alchemical thing, I think. The Philosopher's Egg was a symbol of the end of the magnum opus -> gold -> sun (by a very rough analogy).

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Marenghi posted:

You can select the distance. I think the default is half a card but you can choose a quarter or an eight. The smallest lines up nicely between cards. But occasionally will think I'm trying to drop on a card instead of beside it.

No, I tried this. It doesn't allow for increments such that you can get closer without overlapping, it basically just allows you more control over where your grid is zero'd.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So am I missing something or is the Erratic Disciple just the most useless thing? It's just a Moth Believer that expires, basically.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

most useless thing

Clearly you haven't found 'something something DEEP MYSTERIES something'

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

So am I missing something or is the Erratic Disciple just the most useless thing? It's just a Moth Believer that expires, basically.

I usually feed the moth pawn to Poppy.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
that guy is just there to give you impetus to create a prisoner/play risky or whatever instead of hoarding every person

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

megane posted:

Clearly you haven't found 'something something DEEP MYSTERIES something'

I half-suspect that thing secretly unlocks a major victory

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheBlandName posted:

How the hell do you have corpses that you didn't move heaven and earth to obtain? They don't exactly grow on trees in this game. :P

It's still a use, even if I don't need it often!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
winter cultists can find a corpse for you

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yes... 'find'... :ese:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Well thanks for setting me straight on rites guys, this time I was able to summon a Voiceless Dead and that's cool, I guess.

The best part is I was able to capture Doctor Natalia Dragon and use her with the Winter rite so I guess she gets to die knowing she enabled me to raise a bunch of zombies in the 10 minutes she has left before she expires.

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 17, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

earlier: aaa gently caress I need dread now!

now: what if dread but too much

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TOOT BOOT posted:

I saw a little interview with the creators and they said the game surpassed sales expectations and they will be putting out extra DLC accordingly. They expected to sell 30k in a year and instead they sold 40k in two weeks.

grail be praised

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

They need to add:

Endings for all the different aspects
Major victories
Varied Rites
More usage for cultists
More investigators with different traits

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

They need to add:

Major victories
Varied Rites
More usage for cultists

I also want a cult/hour based around technology so I can have my ham radio cult.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

I wouldn't mind a way to enhance ritual tools into their next tier if the game is being stubborn about coughing them up from expeditions. Tools like the Frangiclave are incredible to have but are so difficult to get that I'd really like some way to just pay my forger a ton of spintria or let them break down tools to enhance other tools to get them.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

They need to add:

Major victories
Varied Rites
More usage for cultists

I can't speak for the rest but I'm fairly certain they're going to add major victories and more aspect endings, yes.

I have a friend who is absolutely crazy for weird Cthulhu type stuff, and I've yet to try this game myself; can I safely bring it to his attention?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i dunno, it feels like a pretty mundane cult overall. everything can be understood

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

The game has some depth to it and doesn't really tell you everything you need to know and what you can do. The gameplay is mostly trying to keep a bunch of dishes spinning in mid-air as random things happen that you have to handle while keeping everything going.

There is a lot of interesting story and little lore bits you can piece together to try to figure out the backstory and all the horrible things that happened beyond space and time.

The gameplay unfortunately is a bit stale and things can turn into a real slog if the RNG isn't too kind to you but the story is interesting enough to make it a fun game to win once or twice in its current form.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
its pretty lovely when you realize playing any cult other than grail/forge/lantern is just artificially inflating the difficulty (with possible exception of order of hydra i guess)

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Maybe in the early game, but I found Seers the most pointless of the exalts, whereas Edge/Grail prisoner-on-demand is amazing and even a Moth/Forge/Knock moneymaker or a Heart PR guy can always come in handy.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Okay, I tried reading the thread from the beginning but it seems like even by that point everyone was in end game content and I’m still struggling with getting to the mid game, and I’d appreciate some advice.

I get everything around the mundane side of the world - I’ve upped my skills in Reason/Health/Passion and have 4-6 in each. I’ve explored the world but haven’t found much, and I’ve bought some books and read them and have a scattering of lores. I have a few people I can bring into a cult.

Now what? I keep seeing you guys talk about aspects and doors, but I dream on my lore and I get nothing. I send cultists on adventures but all it does is demand money from me 10-20 times before killing my cultists. You talk about summons like they’re easy and common, but all of my rites require A Tool and I don’t have anything that qualifies. In my most recent run I never even had the first door open for me.

What am I supposed to be doing? And is it possible to change your starting desire or are you locked into thatfrom the get-go?

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

skeleton warrior posted:

Okay, I tried reading the thread from the beginning but it seems like even by that point everyone was in end game content and I’m still struggling with getting to the mid game, and I’d appreciate some advice.

I get everything around the mundane side of the world - I’ve upped my skills in Reason/Health/Passion and have 4-6 in each. I’ve explored the world but haven’t found much, and I’ve bought some books and read them and have a scattering of lores. I have a few people I can bring into a cult.

Now what? I keep seeing you guys talk about aspects and doors, but I dream on my lore and I get nothing. I send cultists on adventures but all it does is demand money from me 10-20 times before killing my cultists. You talk about summons like they’re easy and common, but all of my rites require A Tool and I don’t have anything that qualifies. In my most recent run I never even had the first door open for me.

What am I supposed to be doing? And is it possible to change your starting desire or are you locked into thatfrom the get-go?

Your first goal is to unlock the way to the woods via dreaming with a passion with any particular lore fragment which opens up some avenues and allows you to reach the other doors. You'll also want to explore using the secret histories you find to unlock exploration nodes to send cultists and summons on.

To advance your temptation you dream on the temptation with a lore of the same type as it to advance it.

Lastly, what explorations give are random and the latter ones are more dangerous and can kill your cult members. It can be a long while before you find useful tools but you can find some other useful items like books and pigments from them.

Also, you can change your desires by dreaming on it with passion/reason as well but you're locked in later.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Also, in regards to explorations. Explorations ask for a certain level of stats to be able to successfully overcome the challenges in them. They'll ask for things like Edge/Winter/Moth, Lantern/Knock, Grail/Heart and not having enough of the cumulative total of the stat in the party will either cause the challenge to fail entirely or roll the dice at a lower rate of success.

The little icons that appear in the exploration give you some idea of the challenges that you'll face in the exploration.

Things like Hidden doors will want lantern or knock, enemies like mortals/monks/manus will want Edge or Winter or Moth, curses will want Grail or Heart. Occasionally Forge can be useful as well but it seems to be one of the less used types in regards to challenges

The sweet spot stat number for most explorations is around the number 10 in a category as well, so if you stack the same type of followers after you rank them up it tends to make it a non-issue.

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 17, 2018

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Dragonturtle posted:

Also, in regards to explorations. Explorations ask for a certain level of stats to be able to successfully overcome the challenges in them. They'll ask for things like Edge/Winter, Lantern/Knock, Grail/Heart and not having enough of the cumulative total of the stat in the party will either cause the challenge to fail entirely or roll the dice at a lower rate of success.

Cool, thank you! Either rng hated me or I did the wrong things, but Way In The Wood never showed up in my last run.

On “you need things” for exploration- how do you get those things? I know cultists have aspects, but is that innate to the cultist, the cult, or can adding different lore/inspiration into the initiation change the aspects?

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Normal Adult Human posted:

its pretty lovely when you realize playing any cult other than grail/forge/lantern is just artificially inflating the difficulty (with possible exception of order of hydra i guess)

Nah. Your Exalt has almost no bearing on your chances of ascension. There's three combinations that work for casting the final rite. I've run the math and Lantern victory + Lantern cult + weirdly specific loot tables is the only combination that your Exalt matters in.

10 Lore lets you summon the big beastie of your aspect. Then you trawl the upper Mansus for the 15 influence. 10+12+15 gets you 37 to ascend. 10 strength lore is pretty reasonable to combine your way up to without going past uncommon expedition loot, so this is the "standard" path.

12 Lore lets you summon the big beastie of your aspect. Then if you already have a 12 aspect ingredient or tool you can ascend right then. You have to get very lucky on rare loot drops for this to be quicker than Mansus trawling for the 15 influence. This is the "lucker" path and the "done everything and now I leave" path.

8 Lore is mandatory for getting desire 6. 8 Lore + Restlessness summons the big Forge or Grail beasties. Lantern cult needs 10+ lantern on a single card, which is why Lantern cult can help. 8+12 is 20, so if you lucked into the Rite Intercalate you need to get 16 more aspect to ascend across Tool, Influence, and Ingredient, and you can fill that in with low Mansus and common loot table rewards if you paint, or uncommon if you don't.

ADDED: Oh. And the reason none of this relates to your cult is that you never need more than 8 Lore for your cult's aspect to 1) promote everyone to Disciple without a care, and 2) promote your Exalt. How to do the Exalt is left as an exercise for the reader.

TheBlandName fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 17, 2018

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

skeleton warrior posted:

Cool, thank you! Either rng hated me or I did the wrong things, but Way In The Wood never showed up in my last run.

On “you need things” for exploration- how do you get those things? I know cultists have aspects, but is that innate to the cultist, the cult, or can adding different lore/inspiration into the initiation change the aspects?

It is innate to the cultist itself. If you run into a challenge that can be resolved through using for example Moth/Edge/Winter you can send followers of that type to overcome the challenge. It is an additive effect as well, meaning if you were to send two of one type of cultist their scores would be added together for the purposes of all of that type of challenge in an exploration.

Unfortunately sending two different types of followers that share the same challenge type does not seem to add the scores together for the purpose of overcoming the challenge, so it seems better to use two of the same type.

As far as initiation goes you can just skip out on the last category and not use any funds or anything. However, to rank them up within the cult you'll likely need a tool or very high level lore of your cult type and you will definitely want to rank them up until you can start summoning things.

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 17, 2018

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Wait, can you defeat Watchers with Winter, too? I’ve used Edge, Moth, and Grail but never Winter.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Pirate Radar posted:

Wait, can you defeat Watchers with Winter, too? I’ve used Edge, Moth, and Grail but never Winter.

It doesn't work on them unfortunately but it does work on certain other types.

To clarify: Winter mostly comes into play when Mansus elements are involved in an exploration

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 17, 2018

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

any worms in here

"Scolecite and sapphire, lost among stones in darkness." feels like the important piece that I'm missing. anyone figured out what it's referring to?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Winter, Moth, or Lantern cult? Just did a key cult run and think I may have over-converted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I passed the 6th gate, the forge now lives in my heart and my visage is to terrible to behold.