Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I can see the DCU making a film set in 1984 with no themes of surveillance, authoritarian government, newspeak, permanent war sure, it seems like the sort of silly mistake they might make.

Maybe Wonder Woman could break into room 101 and beat up an enemy who turns out to be her older brother, that would be sicknasty

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah it's way less detailed now for some reason.

Exactly. That costume looked really accurate to the comics, it had something to it but it wasn't too busy, this looks like a green leotard.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She probably wears more than one outfit in the movie

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Mera's costume is so bland. They got rid of her headdress?

It seems to lift and separate well enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MH Knights posted:

It seems to lift and separate well enough.

An electric sports bra wouldn't work underwater.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/1007928376999469057

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

When do we get the Lynda Carter cameo?

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Gonna be crazy when it turns out they set Wonder Woman 'in '84 to cross over with Helen Slater's Supergirl.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I finally got to see Deadpool 2. It wasn't as good as the first one but it was still pretty good.

I don't know who the driving force behind these movies is. Is it Ryan Reynolds? They should give Ryan Reynolds the X-Men movies. Because I think if you took out all the Deadpool silliness you'd still have a fairly decent X-Men movie.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I finally got to see Deadpool 2. It wasn't as good as the first one but it was still pretty good.

I don't know who the driving force behind these movies is. Is it Ryan Reynolds? They should give Ryan Reynolds the X-Men movies. Because I think if you took out all the Deadpool silliness you'd still have a fairly decent X-Men movie.

It very much is Ryan Reynolds, to the point where he's said he's unsure about doing a Deadpool 3 because he's not sure what else can be done with the character that wouldn't be trodding old ground.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yeah, I saw it Wednesday night and that was pretty much what I thought about it, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yeah. He even got Tim Miller fired because they disagreed over some stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah. He even got Tim Miller fired because they disagreed over some stuff.

Well to be fair, Tim Miller did a lovely job on DP1 and it's among the ugliest films ever made so Reynolds did us a solid on that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not really clever about directing but I thought DP2 did look quite nice and had some pretty good action scenes so I guess getting the John Wick dude was trading-up.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
john wick dude is extremely good at movies

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I would love to see a DOOM movie done by the John Wick crew.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Soul Glo posted:

I recently learned that he started in movies as a stuntman and was a stunt double for guys like Van Damme for a while so I'm not surprised he's good at action movies.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

MH Knights posted:

I would love to see a DOOM movie done by the John Wick crew.

Would you take a direct to video reboot made by nobodies instead?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Well to be fair, Tim Miller did a lovely job on DP1 and it's among the ugliest films ever made so Reynolds did us a solid on that.

I've cooled a lot on DP1 over time, but I think it's hard to bag on Miller for that. I mean, he made every single dollar of that $58 million budget count.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't they get like 100 mil for reshoots?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
On Deadpool 1? There's no way that movie cost 150+. Fox was slashing the budget right up until it got approved. That joke about Deadpool forgetting his bag of guns in the taxi was literally because they couldn't afford to film a shoot out.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A doom movie would be great

But just like the game it would live and die by how good the action was

Also, who the gently caress would be the doom guy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zzulu posted:

About that.....

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Zzulu posted:

the camera

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they get like 100 mil for reshoots?

No, Deadpool did not get nearly double its production budget for reshoots. Deadpool 2 had reshoots after test screenings, reportedly to amp up Cable and Domino. But the first movie was made on a relative shoestring budget.

Edit: DP1's budget was only marginally higher, relatively speaking given inflation, than Serenity's, if that gives you an idea of what Miller was working with.

Timby fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 17, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Zzulu posted:

Literally anyone could be doom guy

all he gotta do is rip and tear

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Deadpool 1's budget was so tight they cut out half the villains and instead of the final fight being a giant The Raid-style climb up an office building it was a scrapyard set that was already made for another movie

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

actually no one should be doomguy because they shouldn’t make another bad doom movie

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well I have bad news for you...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Soul Glo posted:

the camera

Yes get the hardcore Henry people

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Yes get the hardcore Henry people

Oh man, this please.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Tim Miller was the one that made Deadpool finally happen. Ryan Reynolds jumped on when it was convenient.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Also Tim Miller was the one that made Deadpool finally happen. Ryan Reynolds jumped on when it was convenient.

Neither of those thing change that DP1 is ugly and poorly shot. DP2 is a massive upgrade in looks and storytelling. Like yeah, Miller did a good thing but he deserved to be shown the door.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not why he was fired though. It was over the script, which didn't end up good either so...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That's not why he was fired though. It was over the script, which didn't end up good either so...

He wanted the writers kept off the set and Reynolds wanted them there so it was a bit more than just script, he and Reynolds did not see eye to eye.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Aphrodite posted:

What? Ryan Reynolds has been pushing to play Deadpool since Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Found Justice League on sale at Target for $10, so time to experience the CGI lip

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Reynolds, Reese, and Wernick all worked on the first Deadpool script not long after Origins. Miller came aboard a few years later but Rothman wouldn’t green light it at all because he hated Deadpool and didn’t think it would make any money. So once he left things started to move in place, like with the leaked footage.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Anora posted:

Found Justice League on sale at Target for $10, so time to experience the CGI lip

Save your money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

site posted:

Save your money

too late.

• Locked thread