Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hopefully people feel stonger about protecting the ABC than they did the NBN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol. I know quite a few people who are like. Hoo Hum maybe they should merge the ABC and SBS into one channel.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

lol. I know quite a few people who are like. Hoo Hum maybe they should merge the ABC and SBS into one channel.

stop talking to the people you work with

slam the toilet door on them instead

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The NBN was a promise, the ABC is an institution.

Look at how hard Fifield is trying to backtrack (and how hard Labor have jumped on it).

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Okay then, I hope voters love the ABC more than they hate refugees.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Dude McAwesome posted:

Libs go hard on selling ABC, Bill *checks notes* Shorten leads us into a glorious 15 year Labor/Greens Reich.

Only falling over in time because the electorate thinks “oh maybe we should give the other mob a go” a la SA state election.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Okay then, I hope voters love the ABC more than they hate refugees.

Labor hates refugees too so we are good to save the ABC.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1008206676527370246

Haha..

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

a united australia? like a single nation? :thunk:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Didn't he try to use that name last time?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why is it always kooks with 5-10% national cut through that are always the ones calling for unity.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Looking forward to Palmer getting owned this time

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Although there has been a surprising lack of vandalism of his posters around Perth. The only one I’ve seen vandalised was in South Beach in Fremantle. Lift your game lads!

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/maggiemaefair/status/1008275381802057729?s=21

That’s more like it!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1008311454385094657
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1008311178005606401

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
turnbull recovery going well i see

quote:

Turnbull’s support highest since election

Popular support for Malcolm Turnbull has hit its highest level since the last election but his government continues to trail Labor.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Shorten being so low in PPM has got to get you to question if Australians give a flying gently caress about opposition leaders or are we finally entering the phase where policy matters more than personality?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Anidav posted:

Shorten being so low in PPM has got to get you to question if Australians give a flying gently caress about opposition leaders or are we finally entering the phase where policy matters more than personality?

No the electorate is just being fair in its utter contempt for politicians. They don't understand the policy mostly, they're just reacting to how nothing good changes for them and the politicians only care about the 1%.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Preferred prime minister is a poo poo measure and always heavily favours the incumbent. Only a historically unpopular prime minister would ever trail the opposition leader on PPM.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Maybe I'm used to Queensland politics where preferred premier and 2PP usually move together one way or another and rarely desync.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Premier Deb Frecklington.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Please don't scare me.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Bonham has an old article on Preferred Leader, with the gist being that it's not useless but that approval ratings are a more informative measure.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

SBS? Oh, you mean Vice.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
As one minister said in the wake of Saturday's vote: "Let's think how we can distract ourselves from the economy, jobs, infrastructure and national security? I know, let's sell the ABC.

"Are they all f---ing nuts?"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://mobile.twitter.com/JamColley/status/1007455720353116160

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some fuckheads decided to vandalize Eurydices memorial. :/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Synthbuttrange posted:

Some fuckheads decided to vandalize Eurydices memorial. :/

loving seriously? How loving EDGELORD do you have to be to do that? loving disgusting individual/s.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

If you don't have a personality, you kinda have to fall back on *checks notes* policy.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Before Times posted:

If you don't have a personality, you kinda have to fall back on *checks notes* policy.

Give me policy-driven politics any day. Personality politics lead directly to Trump.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Give me policy-driven politics any day. Personality politics lead directly to Trump.
Oh, definitely. See also: PHON, PUP.

Speaking of which, Brian Burston is expected to join Palmer's United Australia Party, in a stunning turn of events.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You Am I posted:

loving seriously? How loving EDGELORD do you have to be to do that? loving disgusting individual/s.

No

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Before Times posted:

Speaking of which, Brian Burston is expected to join Palmer's United Australia Party, in a stunning turn of events.

Luckily the only Trump analogues here haven't spent their entire lives voraciously building media profile with dickheads. If you want a masterclass in politics, I recommend WrestleMania V.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1008473635227463680

https://twitter.com/ash_gillon/status/1008498303204331520

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

JBP posted:

Luckily the only Trump analogues here haven't spent their entire lives voraciously building media profile with dickheads. If you want a masterclass in politics, I recommend WrestleMania V.

Palmer's having a red hot go at becoming some sort of cult meme figure.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Before Times posted:

What a shame, I was so excited for the Burston Alliance Party

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What a shame, I was so excited for the Burston Alliance Party

Federal Alliance Party

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Before Times posted:

Palmer's having a red hot go at becoming some sort of cult meme figure.

It's too late though. Trump has 30 years worth of loyal wrestling and reality fans across all ages.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I'd watch Clive Palmer wrestle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

JBP posted:

It's too late though. Trump has 30 years worth of loyal wrestling and reality fans across all ages.

Most definitely.

Palmer's never going to be as successful as Trump (except maybe at being a failed businessman) and our system doesn't really allow for it anyway, thank gently caress.