Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ramc posted:

Hello FFV thread. I just wanted to share a little update from an old Mega64 thread. You may remember the Lets Play Final Fantasy With a 3 Year Old run from a few years back- The archive of the thread is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724860 and if you don't have archives you should buy them for Lowtax's bandwidth spine, there are a lot of good gimmick runs in that thread.

Anyway, what is this kid up to now?

:3:

Haha, that’s awesome!

I finally got off my lazy butt and submitted the whole thing to the LP Archive, so hopefully it’ll be up any day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/1008167438519660545
There's the final say on Berserker Risk!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

RK fighting the good fight. I know a huge Zerk count is usually desired but I do NOT want to do Quadzerks again.

Anyway that reminds me, I need to get my new post Wind Shrine file ready (new computer). Guess I'll get on one of the :toxx: trains.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ramc posted:

Hello FFV thread. I just wanted to share a little update from an old Mega64 thread. You may remember the Lets Play Final Fantasy With a 3 Year Old run from a few years back- The archive of the thread is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724860 and if you don't have archives you should buy them for Lowtax's bandwidth spine, there are a lot of good gimmick runs in that thread.

I remember your run! Wasn't he in charge of your jobs the whole time? It was great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked getting 2-3 berserkers, shame

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Berserkers are a privilege, not a right.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Give me Berserkers right now!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Every year hundreds of berserkers are left abandoned in unfinished runs. Please remember that a berserker is forever, not just for Fiesta.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Poque posted:

I remember your run! Wasn't he in charge of your jobs the whole time? It was great.

He extremely was.

[Edit]Extremely-

Ramc fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 17, 2018

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Koobes posted:

since the berzerker pool seems light so far

:toxx:

Are you Fast? Faster than THE RUN? If so, maybe your Bartz named FAST can beat the game with the runs jobs before the run starts. Post your completion, and $50 goes to the festivities. (Max $200)

:toxx:

I know you goons can be fast, lets see it done :allears:

I'm not used to using fast forward, but I'm ok with how it turned out. I used a buttload of potions vs garula, w2 exdeath I should have gone for !gaia and ran out of phoenix downs but somehow pulled through. Rare steals suck but the lamia tiara was worth it (on the way to the boss I got a second which let me geodance for bit too). I lost twenty minutes forgetting the lamp entirely, skipped flare sword and never turned in even my one tablet. Somewhat satisfied with the result, although this party is paper-thin enough that I did a bit more grinding than I really needed, ofc.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

:toxx: I'm doing the Randomizer pledge again! Sorry I can't do more, I wanted to double it this year but unfortunately as I hinted before I did get some slightly unexpected expenses. Here's the details, pretty much the same as last time:

$1 per goon up to $20 for every goon that completes a run from now on to the end (must complete a normal run first) using Can Of Worms's Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer. Make sure to emptyquote this post on a win so I can see it! Oh, and please don't use the FFVFJF site (probably not cool crowning on impossible runs), although if you want to slip a victory into another run's #Up that's probably okay.

It's up to you if you want to spoil the Jobs you get or not but I'd recommend it to reduce grinding and magic level confusion. Also, I'll probably wait until next year to actually donate so I can kill two birds with one stone and water that tree.

Speaking of, here's last years!

Doom Goon posted:

Congrats to jaclynhyde, RitzBlues, Doom Goon (hey, it technically counts), and Can of Worms on the Randomizer runs!

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 18, 2018

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

FreeKillB posted:

I'm not used to using fast forward, but I'm ok with how it turned out. I used a buttload of potions vs garula, w2 exdeath I should have gone for !gaia and ran out of phoenix downs but somehow pulled through. Rare steals suck but the lamia tiara was worth it (on the way to the boss I got a second which let me geodance for bit too). I lost twenty minutes forgetting the lamp entirely, skipped flare sword and never turned in even my one tablet. Somewhat satisfied with the result, although this party is paper-thin enough that I did a bit more grinding than I really needed, ofc.

Huh, it never occurred to me that you could skip turning in the first tablet. Isn't the first visit to the sealed castle what triggers the cutscene of Exdeath talking to the monsters in the rift? What happens if you get all four tablets without turning them in, go all the way to Necrophobe, then back out of the rift and go to the castle for the first time?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The cutscene plays when you leave Moore after fighting Melusine and regaining Lenna, you can only get to the Sealed Castle with the airship that appears as a result.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ah, my bad.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ramc posted:

That was such a great run, and I'm glad you brought it up so I could read through it again.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
https://twitter.com/D_Amagai/status/1008212393611194368

derra
Dec 29, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

The cutscene plays when you leave Moore after fighting Melusine and regaining Lenna, you can only get to the Sealed Castle with the airship that appears as a result.

Technically you can take Boko because Exdeath voids some of the hazards. I stop by when grabbing the magic lamp, it’s on the way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When you leave Moore he voids the library, when you board the airship he voids everything else, and I do believe it's not until using the first tablet and leaving the sealed temple that he sends his goons after you. If you don't get that scene they just show up.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ok, so I was right. I still want to know what happens if you kill them all and then go back to trigger the scene though. Probably nothing changes but hey, the game does somehow have a flag for "has gone around the world on Boko," so I wouldn't put anything past it.

InfernoBlade
Dec 3, 2006

I didn't want to decide the run this year, and I may have given RPGLB enough to buy a new car this year, but I felt the need to water the berserker tree a bit before the run starts tomorrow. So I threw in ~$2500 and change to bring it up to a nice even 5k.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

InfernoBlade posted:

I didn't want to decide the run this year, and I may have given RPGLB enough to buy a new car this year, but I felt the need to water the berserker tree a bit before the run starts tomorrow. So I threw in ~$2500 and change to bring it up to a nice even 5k.

:pusheen:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So, which streamer should I watch for the run tomorrow? I have no idea who any of them are.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Hellioning posted:

So, which streamer should I watch for the run tomorrow? I have no idea who any of them are.

it gets restreamed so you can watch them all from one place. I think its at RPGLimitBreak's twitch page but im not sure.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Yep, here's how it worked last year!

InfernoBlade posted:

:black101:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Huzzah! posted:

it gets restreamed so you can watch them all from one place. I think its at RPGLimitBreak's twitch page but im not sure.

Ah, I didn't know it was a race. Excellent! Thanks all.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

So which one of you just dropped like $2.5k on the fiesta? In one swoop we pretty much went from 1 zerk for every two riskers to a guaranteed zerkerbro.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

JerikTelorian posted:

So which one of you just dropped like $2.5k on the fiesta? In one swoop we pretty much went from 1 zerk for every two riskers to a guaranteed zerkerbro.

InfernoBlade posted:

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
I've got two questions:

1. When is THE RUN starting? I didn't see it posted on the official site or gilgabot's twitter.

2. Did Can of Worms ever update his balance patch? I really enjoyed doing runs with it, but I remember it having a few bugs (mainly instant death not working right).

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

BadMedic posted:

I've got two questions:

1. When is THE RUN starting? I didn't see it posted on the official site or gilgabot's twitter.

13:00 17 June 2018 -0500, or about 1h45m from this post.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Let's see, Fiesta patch, music patch, FFT-style portraits patch, am I forgetting anything?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If you go to your player page and click the WRONG button you can unlock your first job right now.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
After sleeping on it, I decided to tweak my dragon slayer challenge (with Kyrosiris' blessing). The new challenge is as follows:

Bad Seafood posted:

1. Have at least two of the following classes in your party: Monk, Red Mage, Geomancer, Dragoon.
  2. You may not have a Blue Mage or a Chemist.
  3. Kill Shinryu.
Accomplish the above and I will donate $10 in your name, up to $200. Do it with all four classes and I'll make it $20. For proof, a screenshot of your party killing Shinryu should suffice.

Ground floor, dragon slayers.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bad Seafood posted:

After sleeping on it, I decided to tweak my dragon slayer challenge (with Kyrosiris' blessing). The new challenge is as follows:

And this is me confirming it. I don't mind if you edit a toxx to make it easier to give your money to charity, after all. :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mega64 posted:

If you go to your player page and click the WRONG button you can unlock your first job right now.

oh god you can unlock all four, but it seems to ignore BERSERKERRISK so I would highly advise against this

I got maybe the worst set of jobs I've ever gotten.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Right now, there's only 540 Berserkers for 578 Riskers, so you can't say for sure whether it does take Risk into account or not. :v:

It probably doesn't, mind, but we're still not at Berserker Guarantee

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Yeah I did it out of curiosity and also have no berserkers with berserkerrisk. Chemist/Mystic Knight/Ninja/White Mage is just boringly easy.
Nevermind, berserkerless panic averted, my jobs got re-locked.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 17, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's been fixed so hopefully I don't actually have to do Beastmaster/Beastmaster/Dragoon/Samurai!

he's just gonna replace my Samurai with a Berserker

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak for The Run, hasn't started yet but the restream grid is up. Galuf and Krile are in proper Fiesta dress.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1008388494987747329

Not that that's particularly informative, but hey, it's new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I doubt it’s what RegForbidden actually is but a run type where you get all but one of each crystal job would be buckwild.