Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Why can't they just have family detention units instead of separating the kids? Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

it's nazis, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

In Australian concentration camps prisoners(captives? Hostages?) are assigned a number which they're called by and punished if they use their real name, wonder If ice does in theirs too

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

ice is loving wrong as poo poo

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

HorrificExistence posted:

there was a very political act of violence in america 2 years ago, didn't see one poster supporting it.

most of the USA really likes ice

quote:

On July 7, 2016, Micah Xavier Johnson ambushed and fired upon a group of police officers in Dallas, Texas, killing five officers and injuring nine others. Two civilians were also wounded.
Cops are civilians. :crossarms:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Why can't they just have family detention units instead of separating the kids? Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Because they're evil

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Animal-Mother posted:

Cops are civilians. :crossarms:

Cops are the ground troopers of exploitation

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Cruelty is the point.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ice is pizzagate

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's a theoretical option that could have been chosen. The fact it hasn't is noteworthy.

A country that can justify the otherization of the slave trade, native genocide, japanese internment camps, CIA black torture sites, international fuckery, the death penalty, and all the other immoralities the US engages in, only has to take a step further for these ICE actions. It's a pattern of unchecked sociopathic behavior leading to the situation we have now. It's why a tweak to ICE policies or even a full implementation of HRC's milquetoast immigration reform (can't remember if she even had any, but I know it was garbage if so) would not have done anything more than a slight roadblock on this same journey.

If you want a nation/society that would never ever allow it's institutions to get to the point of ripping nursing babies from their mother's still warm and wet teat, the work needed to be done quite a while ago.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

The point is to terrorize people into not bringing their families into the country.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The point is to terrorize people

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

they just want non-whites to genuinely suffer for imagined slights, that's it

that's their entire motivation

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i wish the american gestapo were more efficient!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

exmarx posted:

i wish the american gestapo were more efficient!

I wish they were loving dead.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Zeroisanumber posted:

I wish they were loving dead.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
gently caress :ice:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/juliettekayyem/status/1007970073775165441

trump

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

poopinmymouth posted:

If you want a nation/society that would never ever allow it's institutions to get to the point of ripping nursing babies from their mother's still warm and wet teat, the work needed to be done quite a while ago.

or you could start doing this poo poo now?

also don't describe imprisoned immigrants "warm wet teats" george rr martin plz go back to writing the Book

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress ice

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

its genocide

you're missing the obvious genocide

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The actual reason is cruelty and terror. The stated reason, which would make Scalia proud, is that parents bringing children in is human trafficking and should be prosecuted as such.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They do, but they're full already and the administration thinks family housing for pending asylum cases is too expensive compared to expanding other types of facilities

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I mean, that's what they say officially when asked about it

Unofficially it's a genocide that they're literally doing to trigger the libs

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

GWBBQ posted:

The actual reason is cruelty and terror. The stated reason, which would make Scalia proud, is that parents bringing children in is human trafficking and should be prosecuted as such.

Pretty galling to charge them with human trafficking when they (the GOP) don't see the parents or kids as humans in the first place.

BadOptics has issued a correction as of 06:27 on Jun 17, 2018

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The point is to terrorize people into not bringing their families into the country.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jeb! Repetition posted:

how are you still this dumb

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

second nuremburg please

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

ferroque posted:

second nuremburg please

"de Homeland Securification" of the US is going to be a hell of a political mess

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

https://twitter.com/ICEgov/status/1000032995384807425

lmao look at his elbow

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

What does the writing on his other arm say?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its greek but theres too much missing to figure it out

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/1008562413506121728

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Reposting this from the LF thread but DHS Secretary Nielsen was asked if Norway was a majority white country and hesitated before replying "I actually do not know that, sir." She added, "But I imagine that is the case."

The loving Secretary of Homeland Security. Norway.

Right now she's on Twitter denying that they're separating kids from families.

https://twitter.com/SecNielsen/status/1008467414235992069

garbage pundit
Apr 10, 2008

We're on our way home now, duckie!

get tatted for the job you want, not the one you have folks.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Mayor Dave posted:

They do, but they're full already and the administration thinks family housing for pending asylum cases is too expensive compared to expanding other types of facilities

I figured this would be the official line, and imo "we don't want to spend more money to keep families together" is even more monstrous than "we don't care because they're brown," because centrists would be more likely to accept it

Water777
Mar 19, 2015
nice doggo. Looks like a work at home kinda deal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1007667816370040832

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Who could have thought a company that profits off of imprisoning children would be so cruel!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

In Australian concentration camps prisoners(captives? Hostages?) are assigned a number which they're called by and punished if they use their real name, wonder If ice does in theirs too

And if you work at one of the torture sites and try to inform the press of the horrific abuses you see, you can be sentenced to a mandatory two years imprisonment.