Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Somehow I had never read the actual Grover posts before, and now I am left dumbfounded. The little extra jokey bits about drugging his wife just draw attention to it: he was trying to spice up what he thought was a totally normal, even boring, discussion of standard electrician work, oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Those are fake quotes.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I lived in a more beautiful world for a few minutes :smith:

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Those are fake quotes.

YOU SHUT YOU'RE WHORE MOUTH!!!

Those post are true, and beautifull and i refuse to believe otherwise

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sagas turn into myth and legend on these here forums

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

"the Ol Wifenheimer, fuzzed out of her mind on black bombers and kratom, skittered by like a trembling woodcutter ant with several dozen sheets of plywood hoisted above her quietly jabbering head" is one of those quotes i remember the spirit of but not the letter, and i love it more each time i'm reacquainted with the original

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I dreamed once that I was banging Tina Fey under a waterfall. It was really nice! Two days later, I saw that she was pregnant with her first child, and I felt a moment of panic. What have I done?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
as someone with a simple mind and associates all posters with being their avatars

https://inception.davepedu.com/

:frog:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

sneakyfrog posted:

sagas turn into myth and legend on these here forums

The wheel of threads turns, and posts come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the thread that gave it birth is resurrected once again in PYF quotes discussion.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eh there are a couple of threads where its referenced, but even going through those takes a long time

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

elise the great posted:

Somehow I had never read the actual Grover posts before, and now I am left dumbfounded. The little extra jokey bits about drugging his wife just draw attention to it: he was trying to spice up what he thought was a totally normal, even boring, discussion of standard electrician work, oh my god

Lol

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The wheel of threads turns, and posts come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the thread that gave it birth is resurrected once again in PYF quotes discussion.

There are no shitposts in the wheel of threads, but it was a shitpost.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

elise the great posted:

I lived in a more beautiful world for a few minutes :smith:

ah but the reason those little stories are so good is because they're very nearly real!

he really did have like two dozen electrical outlets in his kitchen, one every three feet on every surface, and in bizarre spots like above the cupboards

he really did fail the code inspections on more than one occasion, and eventually used his engineering degree to sign off on his own plans when no one else would

he really did post about how both he and his wife were taking adderall/etc and on more than one occasion talked about getting hopped up and doing a ton of work in a manic state

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’ve seen outlets above cupboards before, most frequently used for speakers.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Subjunctive posted:

They're up there for lighting and holiday decorations too. I doubt Grover was planning that far ahead though. I imagine him in an Adderall frenzy growling "Mooooore. Mooooore outletssss" through clenched teeth as he screws on the 35th one.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Subjunctive posted:

"Seen" in the past tense because the homes have since burned down I presume?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

sunken fleet posted:

"Seen" in the past tense because the homes have since burned down I presume?

Seen in that I’m not currently looking at them. What’s the fire risk of having an outlet above cupboards?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my grandparents had the weirdest outlets in their kitchen, it was this weird strip in the wall that went all along the countertop and above the cabinets. the strip had two deep grooves in it, along the entire length of the strip. these grooves were where the electrical plugs went into the outlet, each strip was one super long outlet that could fit countless plugs into it. it was insane and i've never seen anything like it before or since. there was no little third opening for ground either, just the two grooves for the two main prongs on a plug.

basically like that only super long, all along the countertop from one end of the wall to the other, and same above the cabinets. i've asked other people about this and everyone thinks i'm either crazy or making it up :(

Gatekeeper has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Jun 18, 2018

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I tend to have vivid dreams about things I'm been doing lately. That may be Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I watched the whole show (and Angel) at a pace of 8 hours or more per day, or my job as a hard physical laborer now. I liked the dreams about Buffy more.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gatekeeper posted:

my grandparents had the weirdest outlets in their kitchen, it was this weird strip in the wall that went all along the countertop and above the cabinets. the strip had two deep grooves in it, along the entire length of the strip. these grooves were where the electrical plugs went into the outlet, each strip was one super long outlet that could fit countless plugs into it. it was insane and i've never seen anything like it before or since. there was no little third opening for ground either, just the two grooves for the two main prongs on a plug.

you drew this on your computer and took a photo of your screen with your phone and posted the photo to the forums

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did.....did you take a picture of an MSPaint image on your computer screen with your cell phone?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
yeah, i figured the unease and discomfort one feels when looking upon a cellphone photo of an ms-paint image on a laptop screen would best capture my own disturbed feelings surrounding my recollection of the bizarre mega-outlet

Foxrunsecurity
Aug 10, 2008
Comical picture method aside those were called Tap-A-Line.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gatekeeper posted:

yeah, i figured the unease and discomfort one feels when looking upon a cellphone photo of an ms-paint image on a laptop screen would best capture my own disturbed feelings surrounding my recollection of the bizarre mega-outlet

a e s t h e t i c

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Gatekeeper posted:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

They say Tap-A-Line is safe but wouldn't it be relatively easy to electrocute yourself with it?

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

RyokoTK posted:

They say Tap-A-Line is safe but wouldn't it be relatively easy to electrocute yourself with it?

It’s safe for the 1950s, they added plenty of radium to counteract those dangerous electro-commie rays.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I could see people getting in to all kinds of trouble from trying to get as many plugs into it as possible. Looks like it was built to be overloaded.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RyokoTK posted:

If you are trying to?

Sure

Or you could stick a fork in a toaster or electrical socket or go golfing in a thunderstorm or piss on the third rail

lots of options out there

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Buckets posted:

I could see people getting in to all kinds of trouble from trying to get as many plugs into it as possible. Looks like it was built to be overloaded.

Stop talking about my sex life.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Buckets posted:

oh man how much fun would it be to take one tap-a-line and plug like 25 tap-a-lines into it and then fill up each of those 25 tap-a-lines with a bunch of surge protectors and so on and so on until the wall is so filled with tap-a-lines, and surge protectors, power strips, etc., that you end up with a wall full of load-bearing electricity

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gatekeeper posted:

oh man how much fun would it be to take one tap-a-line and plug like 25 tap-a-lines into it and then fill up each of those 25 tap-a-lines with a bunch of surge protectors and so on and so on until the wall is so filled with tap-a-lines, and surge protectors, power strips, etc., that you end up with a wall full of load-bearing electricity

So groverhaus again

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This sounds like a video game level.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

"the Ol Wifenheimer, fuzzed out of her mind on black bombers and kratom, skittered by like a trembling woodcutter ant with several dozen sheets of plywood hoisted above her quietly jabbering head" is one of those quotes i remember the spirit of but not the letter, and i love it more each time i'm reacquainted with the original

Many years from now, when I'm an Alzheimers-riddled semi-corpse curled up on a hospice bed and have forgotten the faces and names of my family and friends, I will still remember that quote.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Screaming Idiot posted:

So groverhaus again

load bearing electricity is a whole different beast from load bearing drywall or even load bearing fiberglass insulation (although its more closely related to load bearing fiberglass insulation than anything else)

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Gatekeeper posted:

load bearing electricity is a whole different beast from load bearing drywall or even load bearing fiberglass insulation (although its more closely related to load bearing fiberglass insulation than anything else)

Someone in another thread repurposed that as something about a load-bearing intern and I could never get it out of my head. Phoneposting so digging up the context is hard :(

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

TheKennedys posted:

Someone in another thread repurposed that as something about a load-bearing intern and I could never get it out of my head. Phoneposting so digging up the context is hard :(
This? (context, together mk1, together mk2)

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

If you want to see a European person go from 0 to Final Solution in 2.5 seconds just ask “Hey what do you think about Travelers”?

It's a depressing idea but I got a grim chuckle out of that turn of phrase.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

gently caress armadillos

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's a great way to get dick leprosy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Then you can tell your mum to keep the tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Moon Slayer posted:

It's a depressing idea but I got a grim chuckle out of that turn of phrase.

I think they meant Roma, who are not Travelers, though? Travelers are their own thing and primarily a british isles offshoot, complete with it's own british version of 'oh they all steal you know?'.

I agree with the jist of the quote, though. We're hella loving racist about Roma people, and I've known several people who I figured weren't racist cockbags just casually throw out that line as if it was 100% natural and truthful. :smith: