Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is insanely stupid but it's more along the kind of stupid that worked in this series before Food Hitler showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope we get poo poo like DARK SHOKUGEKI

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
I really really hope one of the Dark Chefs makes a dish with human meat. I just want this series to go whole hog on this ridiculous amazing poo poo.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PubicMice posted:

I really really hope one of the Dark Chefs makes a dish with human meat. I just want this series to go whole hog on this ridiculous amazing poo poo.

I'll await the dark chef that uses his own meat in his cooking

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Megumi's gonna wreck this fool :black101:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

KICK HIS rear end MEGUMI

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

PubicMice posted:

"W-what did you season this with?"
"MY BLOOD! MY PERFECT BLOOD!"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Megumi is gonna prepare a meal of perfect hospitality and purify the Dark Chef's heart.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This is such a naked attempt to drag the series out that it should be done for two counts of indecent exposure.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PubicMice posted:

Through in a Rindou cameo and I'm sold.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'll await the dark chef that uses his own meat in his cooking

Art imitates life, I guess.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress YEAH! Senran Kagura, but this time, we cookin'! :black101:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ConanThe3rd posted:

This is such a naked attempt to drag the series out that it should be done for two counts of indecent exposure.

:frogout:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What kind of rare animals do you want to see them make meals from? Me, I'm thinking panda. That's pretty evil.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Through in a Rindou cameo and I'm sold.

Rindou definitely seems like the type to engage with the dark underbelly of cooking and just tear up the place. For fun.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mraagvpeine posted:

What kind of rare animals do you want to see them make meals from? Me, I'm thinking panda. That's pretty evil.
If Pandas taste anywhere as gamey as grizzly bears, then yeah, no.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wark Say posted:

If Pandas taste anywhere as gamey as grizzly bears, then yeah, no.

Pandas are on an almost entirely vegetarian diet, so their meat will definitely have a different flavor. As for what it is, idk and there's apparently no documented description of the taste other than it's terrible according to one Chinese farmer who went on trial in the 80s.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bear meat is basically like exhibit A for why you don't tend to eat Apex predators

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

if Megumi's this is a cooking manga stand infor this fight isn't some yakuza vs hard boiled cop beat down splash im gonna be disappointed.

@leyawn
MEGUMI: I am wiser than this man; he fancies he knows something about hospitality, although he knows nothing—
DARRYL,MEGUMI'S FRIEND: gently caress him up megumi

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Xelkelvos posted:

Rindou definitely seems like the type to engage with the dark underbelly of cooking and just tear up the place. For fun.

I was thinking she shows up randomly to help Souma and Co properly prepare long pig because of course she knows how to use an exotic ingredient like that.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
A secret society of DARK CHEF RENEGADES driven out of polite society and into the underworld for their too-extreme, sometimes illegal cooking philosophies.

I'm fully invested in this new arc. :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

They even have DARK COOKING CONTESTS WHERE DEATH IS DEALT TO THE LOSER I hope some poo poo goes down.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This secret society of DARK CHEFS is going to send an assassination squad when they found this white guy lost to a 2nd year high school girl.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I'm rly glad that we have abandoned Food lovely Melodrama and are diving completely into Food Yugioh

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenriverninja posted:

This secret society of DARK CHEFS is going to send an assassination squad when they found this white guy lost to a 2nd year high school girl.
Nah, man: They're gonna recognize how Megumin is the real deal and are gonna BTFO before recognizing their folly. A new Megumi for the 2nd half of this series! :black101:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
erina is gonna decide that someone needs to infiltrate the dangerous world of DARK CHEFS. after going down a list of the entire cast and writing idiot, uptight, or uptight idiot next to each one, she ends up with megumi.

Doctor Isosceles
Oct 18, 2012

The way I see it, Megumi is going to completely trounce Hot Springs Dark Chef which will serve to release her inner SHOKUGEKI MONSTER. This, unfortunately, will sway her to the Dark Side and the next 50 chapters will have her run roughshod over all the Dark chefs, thus consolidating her power into the Megumin Culinary Dark Empire.

Not being satisified, and unable to quench the Shokugeki flame that has been ignited in her, she will set her sights on Tootsuki. Naturally, she will mercilessly hand everyone their asses ( including Soma and Erina ) until all culinary development globally falls under her sway.

The next 100 chapters will be, obviously, the Megumi Redemption Arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately going by previous events in this manga megumi's probably going to lose again. sure, it is an opponent designed to make her look good and megumi is in the elite 10 now, but she's still probably going to lose so souma can win instead.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If megumi does not 100% gently caress this guy up with heart warming hospitality infused food that makes him cry and feel like a king sama I'm gonna quit this manga

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

unfortunately going by previous events in this manga megumi's probably going to lose again. sure, it is an opponent designed to make her look good and megumi is in the elite 10 now, but she's still probably going to lose so souma can win instead.

Megumi is just going to explain what hospitality really is and then hand it off to Souma to do the Shokugeki.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Jerkface posted:

If megumi does not 100% gently caress this guy up with heart warming hospitality infused food that makes him cry and feel like a king sama I'm gonna quit this manga

Yeah, I can't accept Megumi losing to this chump.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Megumi just lost and they gave a win to the loving dog, I don't think even Tsukuda's dumb enough to do that.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

bye

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Crasical posted:

A secret society of DARK CHEF RENEGADES driven out of polite society and into the underworld for their too-extreme, sometimes illegal cooking philosophies.

I'm fully invested in this new arc. :allears:
Can I say that I called this years ago???? Does tosh read this thread?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Megumi just lost and they gave a win to the loving dog, I don't think even Tsukuda's dumb enough to do that.

There's nothing in the rulebook that says dogs can't participate in cooking competitions.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Death Bot posted:

I'm rly glad that we have abandoned Food lovely Melodrama and are diving completely into Food Yugioh

Yeah this is what the manga should always have been. I'm getting back into it

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I mean, the last time we had a good Megumi reaction was Megumi's Bizarre Adventure.

The bar has been set.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did we forget Megumi's Powerful Dempsey Roll with powerful apple-shaped boxing gloves?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

She should have won that fight against pastry girl :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

She should have won that fight against pastry girl :sigh: