Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
We have our winner of the run, congrats to eLmaGus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
release......the berserkers

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

To those about to fiesta, we salute you.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gotta wait an hour for fiesta.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

More time for us to get ready for Daddy Greg to punish us.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm curious about why they'd come at a weird order

Maybe it starts with PureChaos as a base?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Lolololol blocking Almagest but not the Vacuum Wave

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Not so fast, my friends!

dd had NED down to Grand Cross section and ate it. Sword Dancing Geo just couldn't pull through!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bregor posted:

Not so fast, my friends!

dd had NED down to Grand Cross section and ate it. Sword Dancing Geo just couldn't pull through!

DD is the true hero, buying more time for RK to wake up properly.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Twitch chat gave too much energy to DD, exdeath just Meteored itself and that healed him for like double digits each hit.

This game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

BadMedic posted:

I've got two questions:

1. When is THE RUN starting? I didn't see it posted on the official site or gilgabot's twitter.

2. Did Can of Worms ever update his balance patch? I really enjoyed doing runs with it, but I remember it having a few bugs (mainly instant death not working right).
Yeah, I just pushed out a new update! The instant death bug should be fixed, but there are still some unresolved bugs (main one I'm thinking of is Jumping Berserkers freezing the game, mostly because I haven't replicated it yet.)

Get the latest balance patch (version 0.5) here!. You can find the changelog here and I added some exciting stuff! Here are the highlights:
  • Red Mages get !Dualcast instead of !Red 3 as their default once they learn !Red 3 (i.e. at level 3.)
  • Rangers get !Rapidfire instead of !Aim once they're mastered.
  • Thieves get innate permanent Haste (the same effect as equipping Hermes Sandals.) Artful Dodger also gives this effect.
The patch also includes buffs to Knights, Monks, Dancers, Geomancers, and some miscellaneous things. Enjoy!

Edit:

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's a separate patch by the same author.

Changelog here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g52xshu0juaa2c7/ffvamod-doc.txt?dl=0

CanOfWorms, my friend was going on about how Red Mage should have access to Shields, not necessarily White/Black 4.
I'd rather push Red Mages towards the support option with White 4 (Black 4 is just there for symmetry) and the latest patch adds a few more bonuses to help them there.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 18, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

Twitch chat gave too much energy to DD, exdeath just Meteored itself and that healed him for like double digits each hit.

This game.

The FFV Algorithm FAQ is going to need a whole new chapter.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveSavoryHorseradishSoBayed

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
This... this is why we Fiesta. Because no matter how deeply we plumb the depths of this game, no matter how many times we twist it and bend it and break it over our knees... it alway, always finds new ways to surprise us. :allears:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Cripes, that ending. Uh, gg Dragondarch...

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Apparently that's just what happens when you use Mute Spellblade on NED. FFV!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1008541335408672768

and you get a berserker! and you get a berserker! and you dont get a berserker, sorry thats a 2/3s chance for you

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

2/3 seems fair tbh.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I wonder if the #regforbidden earth crystal part has to do with Krile's #fifthjob? Maybe it shuffles the type?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
There's a music patch for GBA version right? What's people's experience using that with mgba?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
It's live! Check your pages on the main site. I've got Monk with Wind in #Forbidden.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Zerilan posted:

There's a music patch for GBA version right? What's people's experience using that with mgba?
Some popping but totally worth it for the slowdown reduction imo.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1008547479975964682

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

OzFactor posted:

It's live! Check your pages on the main site. I've got Monk with Wind in #Forbidden.

I got thief on #forbidden risk. Lets see what papa Gilgy has in store.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Ahaha, Wind job is Berserker and I didn’t even Zerk risk. :black101:

Also I wussed out and switched to Pure Chaos after that forboding Forbidden Warning. Maybe next run.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
My wind crystal job for Forbidden is...Time Mage. :iiam:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Blue Mage. Time to go collecting. Doesn't matter if I only use 5 of them, I can't not catch em all.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I also got Blue Mage! First time having it, I feel the sickening wish to destroy everyone with absurd spells.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Knight, looks like I will get the Brave...hahahaha, I am a chicken and will get the chicken knife instead!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Um. You can go to your page to unlock all your jobs without tweeting, and... I got Cannoneer as my Earth job. (this is in FORBIDDEN)

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

OzFactor posted:

Um. You can go to your page to unlock all your jobs without tweeting, and... I got Cannoneer as my Earth job. (this is in FORBIDDEN)

Oh no

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I like to look at my jobs ahead of time, so I can plan who gets what (I assign based on who has the best sprite for each job). I didn't even risk, and I got Zerk'd.

Thief (Faris), Berserker (Lenna), Geomancer (Galuf/Krile), and Chemist (Faris).

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I got an Oracle. I know nothing about those jobs so uh. Time to look up stuff I guess.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I pulled red mage, white mage, freelancer and ninja. Any advice on any feasible way to beat Omega with this team would be appreciated. I can't really see one without some excessive grinding, but it would suck to lose my 20 runs over 3 years triple crown streak.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

OzFactor posted:

Forbidden is gonna be a trip.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Serene Dragon posted:

I pulled red mage, white mage, freelancer and ninja. Any advice on any feasible way to beat Omega with this team would be appreciated. I can't really see one without some excessive grinding, but it would suck to lose my 20 runs over 3 years triple crown streak.

Red mage can damage omega w/o counters via reflected Thundaras as long as at least one of your characters takes damage. This isn't pretty, and it's probably a ton of grinding, but it's more plausibe than thrown thunder scrolls i think.

late edit: freelancer with ninja ... I recall hearing that if you have a double lance equipped with another weapon, omega doesn't counter off of the second weapon. So something like double lance/trident or double lance/coral sword should be OK.... except for the whole 95% evade thing. So probably not great either.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 18, 2018

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Went to the Discord and welp

edit: full party is Monk / Mystic Knight / Dancer / Cannoneer. Weirdest party ever. I'm assuming I just use a Freelancer in the four spot until I get the tablets?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Forbidden Knight to start. Sadly I'm working at the moment so it'll be a couple hours before I can see what all the hubbub is about.

EDIT:

OzFactor posted:

Went to the Discord and welp

edit: full party is Monk / Mystic Knight / Dancer / Cannoneer. Weirdest party ever. I'm assuming I just use a Freelancer in the four spot until I get the tablets?

Oh. Well. That's ominous.

So what are the rules we're looking at if we're using an All Jobs From The Start patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

is there anything more boring than getting freelancer first job in a purechaos run?