Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I Said No posted:

Was that the one where a popular thread got crumped because they were trying to warn people to stay away from him and it got parsed as imported drama?

Yeah, it was such astonishingly tone-deaf modding that Marlee Matlin was impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
tbh the phrase "needo the greedo" pops into my head like once every few weeks and cracks me up all over again

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Furries got pushed into being little-n normal by the rest of the internet getting worse around them, it's still weird as hell but generally there's bigger fish to fry.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Personally furries never really grossed me out all that much. Like I think it's weird as hell, don't get it at all, and wouldn't ever participate in it but if that's what consenting adults want to do with each other then like...I don't care, none of my business.

But holy hell are furries so insufferably obnoxious about it. If you actually say "hey please don't talk about furry stuff in literally every thread, thanks" they start screaming fursecution and act like you're a bad person trying to silence them and I'm like, no, you can be as furry as you want but you don't need to bring up your fursona in the thread about playing Quake on every single drat page. For me that's why they get on my nerves; it seems like 95% of them are like that and no I don't want to suddenly see a picture of anthropomorphic wolf dicks randomly show up in a thread about baking.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Personally furries never really grossed me out all that much. Like I think it's weird as hell, don't get it at all, and wouldn't ever participate in it but if that's what consenting adults want to do with each other then like...I don't care, none of my business.

But holy hell are furries so insufferably obnoxious about it. If you actually say "hey please don't talk about furry stuff in literally every thread, thanks" they start screaming fursecution and act like you're a bad person trying to silence them and I'm like, no, you can be as furry as you want but you don't need to bring up your fursona in the thread about playing Quake on every single drat page. For me that's why they get on my nerves; it seems like 95% of them are like that and no I don't want to suddenly see a picture of anthropomorphic wolf dicks randomly show up in a thread about baking.

speak fur yourself.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quite stretched out posted:

tbh the phrase "needo the greedo" pops into my head like once every few weeks and cracks me up all over again

same but every couple of days

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Gluten Freeman posted:

same but every couple of days

i'm permabanned poster greedoneedo58.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's like 90% of the internet now just with different fetishes and/or politics.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

this but "toys for rear end bum"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

this broken hill posted:

this but "toys for rear end bum"

this but "furious oblong"

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

this but "furious oblong"
do you still have the photo of that horse hide, i've tried to find it so many times

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

what i've gathered through context has made me laugh both out loud and my rear end off but i still don't know the full story and haven't read the original thread, can't even find it. hook up a poster from anoster moster, please?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gatekeeper posted:

what i've gathered through context has made me laugh both out loud and my rear end off but i still don't know the full story and haven't read the original thread, can't even find it. hook up a poster from anoster moster, please?
Here's the thread filtered to that user's posts

it was pretty magical live :allears:

edit: my personal favorite part that I always forget is in the same post as butthole greedo:

quote:

she said she went casket shopping for me so i didn't look like a total human being at my funeral so i guess oh well

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

this broken hill posted:

do you still have the photo of that horse hide, i've tried to find it so many times

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

God's most perfect creatures. edit: alternate ending: poor ol freckles, thought of steamrollers and died

I rode up until I graduated high school, endurance riding and such, and after 12+ years I'm finally starting to miss it a little.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Conservatism in America has always walked hand in hand with white supremacy because the American status quo they are defending or want to roll back to is and always has been one of white supremacy. It's pretty simple. Reagan was a white supremacist, Goldwater was a white supremacist. This isn't new, Trump just removed most of the dog whistle.
Wow I'm so surprised a bunch of mostly white dudes think people are overreacting and yearn for the old days when everyone on the internet was either a white dude or pretended to be one to "roll" with the jokes. Things were just so much more "civil" and less fanatical those days! Oh you thought you'd be more scared during this administration but aren't? Word? Gosh I wonder why.......

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Sir this is an Arby's drive through

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I audibly said "WOAH poo poo! What the gently caress?".

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Conservatism in America has always walked hand in hand with white supremacy because the American status quo they are defending or want to roll back to is and always has been one of white supremacy. It's pretty simple. Reagan was a white supremacist, Goldwater was a white supremacist. This isn't new, Trump just removed most of the dog whistle.
Wow I'm so surprised a bunch of mostly white dudes think people are overreacting and yearn for the old days when everyone on the internet was either a white dude or pretended to be one to "roll" with the jokes. Things were just so much more "civil" and less fanatical those days! Oh you thought you'd be more scared during this administration but aren't? Word? Gosh I wonder why.......

Sorry about your mental illness.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This thread took a wild turn!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

umalt posted:

Sir this is an Arby's drive through

:pervert:

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
yesss saved

i don't know what for, but saved

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well if we can just start talking about whatever we want, I think there should be a law that says if you buy a glass of beer in a bar you get 16oz. I don't care if it's a super special dark coffee barrel aged 12%abv stout. Give me a loving glass of it and not 5oz poured into a brandy snifter.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well if we can just start talking about whatever we want, I think there should be a law that says if you buy a glass of beer in a bar you get 16oz. I don't care if it's a super special dark coffee barrel aged 12%abv stout. Give me a loving glass of it and not 5oz poured into a brandy snifter.

:yeah:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Solice Kirsk posted:

You should just be able to bring in a heavily used big gulp cup and have them fill it up with the beer of your choice.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

, and the bartender said "Hey, why the flat expression?"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Turns out when you don't have to worry about being executed on the street or black bagged because of ur skin color you can afford to be pretty politically moderate and reasonable or wax nostalgic about the good old days of edgy white boy GBS
Hah-hah-hah! Is funny!!!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, it's pretty funny that so many use their blank slate to be a poo poo with minimal consequences on posting

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pham Nuwen posted:

God's most perfect creatures. edit: alternate ending: poor ol freckles, thought of steamrollers and died

I rode up until I graduated high school, endurance riding and such, and after 12+ years I'm finally starting to miss it a little.

Horses are lovely.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Panfilo posted:

You should just be able to bring in a heavily used big gulp cup and have them fill it up with the beer of your choice.

That's basically what a growler is.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Turns out when you don't have to worry about being executed on the street or black bagged because of ur skin color you can afford to be pretty politically moderate and reasonable or wax nostalgic about the good old days of edgy white boy GBS
Hah-hah-hah! Is funny!!!

Use the quote button, comrade

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hah-hah-hah! Is funny!!!

Yeah the oppressed masses of the US really can't go without echo chamber news threads on a dead comedy forum

#resist

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hah-hah-hah! Is funny!!!

Nice gimmick.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hah-hah-hah! Is funny!!!

never forget the victims of gbs

:911:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

chitoryu12 posted:

That's basically what a growler is.

Exactly what I was thinking. Though the place in Half Moon Bay that does this only refills it with certain varieties of beer.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Panfilo posted:

Exactly what I was thinking. Though the place in Half Moon Bay that does this only refills it with certain varieties of beer.

Most of the time if places do this it's either for nitro beers (since they won't keep carbonated in a growler) or it's the fancy expensive beers where they'd have to charge like $40 for a fill.

Incidentally there's a dive bar by me that does growler fills, but I've only been there once, because they literally just charge you for 4x 16oz pours for the growler fill, so I ended up with an $85 tab for 3 beers and 2 growler fills.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jesus, just drink hard liquor at that point. It's cheaper and gets you drunker and you have the choice of drinking it straight or in a tasty cocktail.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Jesus, just drink hard liquor at that point. It's cheaper and gets you drunker and you have the choice of drinking it straight or in a tasty cocktail.

The secret about beer nerds lining up to pay $20-24 for a 4-pack of tall cans is that there are hundreds of awesome breweries putting out new poo poo constantly at the $10-14/6-pack price point

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

The secret about beer nerds lining up to pay $20-24 for a 4-pack of tall cans is that there are hundreds of awesome breweries putting out new poo poo constantly at the $10-14/6-pack price point

They're ripping us off! It's only rotten plants and water!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

They're ripping us off! It's only rotten plants and piss!