Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Yeah i looked it up, i must've seen it before cuz I could've sworn that same scene was in ultimates

Nah, Ultimates just had incest fetishism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

prefect posted:

:nws:
They're going to combine sounding and fisting.

They call it 'The Klaw'.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

That's... that's not how that works.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

M-Mr Trump..?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah it sounds crazy be lets be real if we killed all the Republicans things would be pretty great

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Giganta has yet another wardrobe malfunction.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why is everyone so horny.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

help i need an adult

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Boobs. Giant, enormous boobs.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Really just pointing out your giantess fetish without shame huh writer guy

Oh, and then slutshaming her cool cool

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

site posted:

Oh, and then slutshaming her cool cool

I mean...I'm not defending anything else about those panels, but it seems more like they're rampage shaming her than slutshaming.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's literally phrasing used by people for victim blaming sexual assault victims "If you hadn't been wearing x this never would've happened"

Like thats being used as a loving punchline for a joke wtf

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Idk, mate, that's a stretch.

It's not "look what she's wearing".

It's "stop doing crimes, dummy".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ok so we’re in the type of fight club of people posting pictures of giganta because it’s their fetish right because come on be more obvious about it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look there's lots to point at with Giganta.

Like her origin for example:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Comics: Linked inexorably with fetish material, if not in their origins then in the way writers can't loving help themselves

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Toshimo posted:

Idk, mate, that's a stretch.

It's not "look what she's wearing".

It's "stop doing crimes, dummy".

Giant fetish woman

Fetish woman has clothes stripped off her boobs

Woman complains

Is told this only happened because x using literal victim blaming language

This is only about doing crimes :discourse:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

she's a super sexy gorilla so its more a bestiality problem.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

All I'm saying is that maybe if she weren't out by herself at night committing rampage she wouldn't get sexually assaulted.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

site posted:

Giant fetish woman

Fetish woman has clothes stripped off her boobs

Woman complains

Is told this only happened because x using literal victim blaming language

This is only about doing crimes :discourse:

She didn't have her clothes stripped off, her clothes tore because she was exerting herself by rampaging in tight clothing. If I'm wearing tight pants and doing squats and my pants rip, is it slutshaming if someone tells me maybe I shouldn't have been squatting in such tight pants?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Phylodox posted:

She didn't have her clothes stripped off, her clothes tore because she was exerting herself by rampaging in tight clothing. If I'm wearing tight pants and doing squats and my pants rip, is it slutshaming if someone tells me maybe I shouldn't have been squatting in such tight pants?

Who the hell has clothes that work that way? If anything, women's (especially super ones) tight clothes are made out of material that's less likely to rip.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Phylodox posted:

I am unfamiliar with giganta so i dont know how often this is a thing or what the previous panels from whatever this book is are but, 1 it certainly looks from the picture that the stretchy people have played a hand it her costume tear, and 2 that question is kinda complete nonsense in the world of superhero cosutmes where things only get torn at the writer's convenience

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm not saying it's not contrived cheesecake, but her clothes aren't being torn off. She's hulking out and either growing larger or taking a big breath to yell or whatever and her top is tearing open. The stretchy people have only played a part inasmuch as they're aggravating her by trying to stop her from rampaging, which I think is a not unreasonable or slutshaming thing to do, really.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Did-did you not read this panel, or...?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why does everyone in the DCU get turned on by gigantic women?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

site posted:

Did-did you not read this panel, or...?

Yeah, and? Giganta blames them for her top tearing, as in she thinks they goaded her into it. Otherwise her statement of "You did this on purpose, didn't you?" would be redundant. If they tore her top, it would obviously be on purpose. I'm not really sure what point you think those panels make.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Doc Hawkins posted:

Aww he became friends with evil genius worm-guy :3:

:kimchi:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Good thing my kink is watching people have pointless discussions

Carry on.

Looking at those faces, that's Kevin Maguire on the art, right? It looks very Formerly Known As The Justice League too but I don't remember that storyline, where is it from?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was Jim Lee ever actually a good artist? I distinctly remember his art being fantastic but whenever I see a panel nowadays it's always really, really bad.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Before Geoff Johns, DC's chief creative officer was Robert Crumb.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, and? Giganta blames them for her top tearing, as in she thinks they goaded her into it. Otherwise her statement of "You did this on purpose, didn't you?" would be redundant. If they tore her top, it would obviously be on purpose. I'm not really sure what point you think those panels make.

I guess the context of the wrtier having her top tearing and then her asking you did this on purpose didnt you is somehow getting lost. None of these characters or events have agency, of course this was done on purpose. And then it gets twisted around that this actually her fault

Like this was posted as an example of writers having some weird fetish for giganta, but no way could these things be connected

But i can see this is going nowhere so I'm tapping out :shrug:

E: less antagonism

site fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 18, 2018

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Jerusalem posted:

Was Jim Lee ever actually a good artist? I distinctly remember his art being fantastic but whenever I see a panel nowadays it's always really, really bad.

His Batman and X-Men ruled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Action Jacktion posted:

Before Geoff Johns, DC's chief creative officer was Robert Crumb.

Nah, DC's thing is arms being ripped off, not heads missing.

Open Marriage Night posted:

His Batman and X-Men ruled.

Maybe it's just the dated coloring/printing but that FF stuff looks soooooo bad and from memory it sits between his runs on X-Men and Batman.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

But wait, there's vore...

I think that's enough for today.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Either she's dry-swallowing that or biting down and getting a mouthfull of broken glass(?) no way does saying that's delicious make any sense

Oh dang, there I go thinking about things in comics again

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Newspaper Spider-Man's journey into cross-media synergy pays off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Lurdiak posted:

Neil Gaiman tried to write a masturbation joke into Sandman and they wouldn't let him. "There's no masturbation in the Marvel Universe", they told him. He later said something to the effect that that explains a lot about why everyone goes around in skin-tight spandex beating the hell out of each other.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 18, 2018

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe it's just the dated coloring/printing but that FF stuff looks soooooo bad and from memory it sits between his runs on X-Men and Batman.

I'm pretty sure X-Men was Lee's last work with Marvel because he pissed Chris Claremont off who went to management and said "It's him or me", then Marvel said "OK, we'll keep him". So Claremont quit, then Lee hosed off to Wildstorm like 3 months later.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Marvel was weird in the 70s man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

Look there's lots to point at with Giganta.

Like her origin for example:

I imagine the next two panels are first a scientist staring with bugged-out eyes, and then him upending a whole barrel of gorillas into the hyperatomic flames.