Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Yay new season

Going back WD this time, got the CR done grabbed pox's from gambling onto leveling and my first double goblin pack is rainbows, stack of gems and a leorics at level 6 from the portal, never this lucky at season start hope it keeps on this way(AAHAHAHAHAH not a loving chance)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

thechalkoutline posted:

What should I gamble for first as a fresh 70 Crusader in yellows?

I tried googling this but either couldnt find it or was too stupid to understand

Shields are good to gamble as a fresh Crusader because they offer many of their build-defining traits for cheap.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Generally you want to start going after your supporting legendaries since you will be getting a copy of your set from the journey. The exception, where I draw it at least, is when your remaining supporting legendaries are only bad math slots like jewelry/weapons. In that case, I'd start fishing to ancients on your set and db farm a storm to upgrade yellows for the remainder of the missing gear.

If you are otherwise mat wealthy, you can consider gambling specifically for shoulders and converting set pieces to fill missing holes.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Rosalind posted:

I'm back for season 14. Is there an SA clan or channel I can join?

Join the LLJK Community.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
To that guy who ran me through so many rifts and grifts that I went from P15-P411 in one night: you are awesome. Keep being awesome.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Alter Ego posted:

To that guy who ran me through so many rifts and grifts that I went from P15-P411 in one night: you are awesome. Keep being awesome.

Same to the goons who let me leech 200 paragon levels. Makes the set and legendary grind so much less painful!

Khorne
May 1, 2002
How do I get d3 to not be 800x600 in windowed fullscreen at 1440p?

code:
2018.06.17 20:52:57.369239300	sCreateD3DObject (debug: 0) - D3D11CreateDevice
2018.06.17 20:52:57.385528600	sCreateD3DObject - D3D11CreateDevice - 0x0, feature level B000
2018.06.17 20:52:57.385655300	sCreateD3DObject complete
2018.06.17 20:52:57.433124300	*************
2018.06.17 20:52:57.433341000	Device supports the following modes:
2018.06.17 20:52:57.433432600		800x600, 60 Hz, 32 bits, Format = 28
[... ~60 resolution entries]
2018.06.17 20:52:57.450976000		2560x1440, 165 Hz, 32 bits, Format = 28
2018.06.17 20:52:57.451030000	End GetValidDisplayModes *************
2018.06.17 20:52:57.451146300	Rejecting mode 800x600, 32 bit
[...]
2018.06.17 20:52:57.457227000	Rejecting mode 1920x1440, 32 bit
2018.06.17 20:52:57.457275600	*************
2018.06.17 20:52:57.457323600	Device supports the following texture formats:
It doesn't reject the last few resolutions, but it goes to 800x600 locked at 60Hz. I have a 165Hz 1440p monitor, a gtx 1070, and I'm on win7 with the 64 bit client.

edit: Apparently the answer is "go to your desired resolution in fullscreen, accept it and confirm, and then switch to windowed fullscreen." Now if only I could make the bnet not launcher not freeze for 30 seconds randomly.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 18, 2018

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The Chad Leoric and the Incel Lachdanan

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

If we're shouting out cool dudes, big thanks to Legoman for blitzing me up to Paragon 100+ from a fresh level 1 tonight! This season is off to an awesome start :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

P490 and I still can't get a Krysbins. I've never had so much trouble getting an item before. I've gambled 1000s of shards, upgraded tons of rares, etc and not one has come up. I don't think getting one will suddenly make the necro fun though, unfortunately. :v:

I started doing the lazy farm build because pestilence is kind of lovely with the cooldown and really squishy play style. Dunno how much longer I'll give this season. :shrug:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Larrymer posted:

P490 and I still can't get a Krysbins. I've never had so much trouble getting an item before. I've gambled 1000s of shards, upgraded tons of rares, etc and not one has come up. I don't think getting one will suddenly make the necro fun though, unfortunately. :v:

I started doing the lazy farm build because pestilence is kind of lovely with the cooldown and really squishy play style. Dunno how much longer I'll give this season. :shrug:

It took me a bit to find one, just praise RNGesus, and hopefully run with another 1-3 necros so someone can drop you one. I switched to Inarius as soon as I rushed to unlock primal stuff, just so I can lazymode it. Same with the season though; I finished the journey on Saturday, so now it's just hopping on and bonerstorming things with people for another few days until I'm ready for S15.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Larrymer posted:

You'll get it eventually, just keep at it! :v:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Krysbin's was the last major piece I got for my LazyStorm build last season. That thing is elusive.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think you can level 1 gamble for that then pop it in the cube. I guess if you need it equipped you're SOL. Though technically a level 1 ring would still be an upgrade over not having it at all.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

bamhand posted:

I think you can level 1 gamble for that then pop it in the cube. I guess if you need it equipped you're SOL. Though technically a level 1 ring would still be an upgrade over not having it at all.

It's a level 52 ring, so you'd need to be exactly that level and have about 10,000 blood shards to get it that way.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh dang, I guess I was thinking of the skeletal mage ring that is available at level 1.

Also I did not know this ring existed, literally never seen it in my life:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/briggs-wrath-P6_Unique_Ring_02

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've played a Hardcore character to paragon 800+ three seasons in a row, and never ever seen one of these:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/ancestors-grace-Unique_Amulet_102_x1

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've played a Hardcore character to paragon 800+ three seasons in a row, and never ever seen one of these:

This exists? :psyduck:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Tugboat Willy posted:

You'll get it eventually, just keep at it! :v:

I probably will at least a little more, because I am dumb.

Elysiume posted:

This was a fun surprise when playing SC only and dipping my toe in HC. Neat idea that I wish they did more (crazy items like that) with.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
No you can't cube it either.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When do Challenge Rifts reset? I need BLOOD

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Elysiume posted:

Apparently it breaks before any other cheat death triggers.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When do Challenge Rifts reset? I need BLOOD

5pm ET, so just under an hour.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Elysiume posted:

I must have had 4-5 each season.

I've never needed one :smuggo:

mewse
May 2, 2006

How's the new CR for NA?

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

mewse posted:

How's the new CR for NA?

Really easy 6 Wrath of the Wastes/2 Immortal Kings. All you have to do is cast Call of the Ancients at the start and hold whirlwind the entire rift. Cast Wrath of the Berserker if you want.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I got one in season 12 or so. It's pretty rare.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
hay guys I'm a wizard! :classiclol:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Can someone explain to me how getting more powerful gear works in D3? Is it just about getting the right combination of legendaries, sets and affixes? Getting high level legendary gems?

mewse
May 2, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Can someone explain to me how getting more powerful gear works in D3? Is it just about getting the right combination of legendaries, sets and affixes? Getting high level legendary gems?

End game power levels is just a game of multipliers. You stack the 6pc bonus for your set with a bunch of supporting items that either give you a damage multiplier (endless walk set) or hugely boost your main dmg ability (eg. scarbringer boosts lashing tail kick).

Then you stack defensive multipliers as well.

Easiest way to do it is just copy a GR pushing spec from diablofans and get a feel for what the most useful items are for your class

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Condemn sader is super fun, you just walk around exploding everything. Just got some toughness issues around GR75 now, guess I gotta drop pony and start using slash(guard).

Anyone familiar with the build: Why don't people use the endless walk set instead of focus + restraint?
It could easily be done, just use rorg/coe (cube one) and you got the neck and second ring slot free.

I am guessing people tried that and it was inferior but I wonder why.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Tahirovic posted:

Condemn sader is super fun, you just walk around exploding everything. Just got some toughness issues around GR75 now, guess I gotta drop pony and start using slash(guard).

Anyone familiar with the build: Why don't people use the endless walk set instead of focus + restraint?
It could easily be done, just use rorg/coe (cube one) and you got the neck and second ring slot free.

I am guessing people tried that and it was inferior but I wonder why.

My educated guess is that you're always moving and the perk on Endless Walk increases your defense while you move instead of your offense.

What I learned two seasons ago with the Condemn build is that in higher rift difficulties, you have to herd monsters into a position and run around in circles of that group and tap them with Slash to keep both of your Bastions of Will bonuses and to hold five stacks on Slash/Guard.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Larrymer posted:

Bitching in the thread solves this one again. Finally got a lovely one for the cube. Necro still sucks, though. Dunno why I thought I'd all the sudden like it this season.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Larrymer posted:

Bitching in the thread solves this one again. Finally got a lovely one for the cube. Necro still sucks, though. Dunno why I thought I'd all the sudden like it this season.

I dunno, I had tons of fun with the Rathma pet build. You don't even need to attack; just avoid getting hit and your army of minions kills everything for you.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

I dunno, I had tons of fun with the Rathma pet build. You don't even need to attack; just avoid getting hit and your army of minions kills everything for you.

It's alright but constantly smashing the mage button (can't numlock since you have to base it around essence you have) is less fun. But it is drat powerful. I still need to try some of the old classes after their huge buffs in 2.6.1 anyway.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Does someone have the full set as primal ancient yet?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If i didn't keep sharding them, I'd have at least two full sets.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
If they made that 4 set bonus the 2 set bonus instead or somehow baked it into another set I would find a way to use it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Field Mousepad posted:

If they made that 4 set bonus the 2 set bonus instead or somehow baked it into another set I would find a way to use it.

Scrap it, turn it into a ring and necklace set, and make the 2-piece for it the existing 4-piece. Done and dusted. I know I'd heavily consider it over Endless Walk if they did, mostly for laziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Blackthorne should have been made into one of the demon hunter sets with a aet bonus of being able to shoot behind you.