Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
dont quote people on my ignore list, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Soulex posted:

DR. How about this perspective:

There are 2000 children locked in concentration camps that WE loving put there. Cause this isn't a Democrat vs Republican thing. These are Americans locking children up and refusing aid and comfort.

Argue all you want but that is what is happening right now. Being pedantic about why they showed up is irrelevant.

Try 10,000

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/are-10000-children-in-u-s-detention-centers/

At the end of the day: Any attempt by DR to defend these lovely policies amounts to him licking the boots of facists while masturbating about what he thinks the law entails.

If the law is without morality and compassion, then what good is the law?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Oh and the interpretation of the law has NEVER been wrong right? United States v Windsor was all about the money and not at all about verbage of laws.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

CommieGIR posted:

Try 10,000

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/are-10000-children-in-u-s-detention-centers/

At the end of the day: Any attempt by DR to defend these lovely policies amounts to him licking the boots of facists while masturbating about what he thinks the law entails.

If the law is without morality and compassion, then what good is the law?

God drat it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Slavery was law. Indian Relocation Act was law.

Arguing about the morality of law is why DR is just another facist fucker. And his inability to even recognize the obvious racist vile bias of people like Sessions and Miller is why DR's appeal to the 'legality' will always be a skewed rationality of a corrupt mind.

I wonder if he's next going to defend Operation Wetback and the Japanese Internment, since that is basically what Miller and Sessions want to enact.

Even better is when fuckers like Trump announce that the deliberate separating of Children from their Parents at the border is part of his grand strategy to force Dems to the table on Immigration/The Wall.
That's called terrorism. And frankly, I don't negotiate with terrorists.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 18, 2018

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Supreme Court punted the gerrymandering cases. Not completely dismissed, but completely punted them.

Will likely be a few more years until a Supreme Court decision gets made on that topic.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Bill O'Reilly just came out and even said the Trump admin cannot win on this, innocent children are suffering, and they need to change course immediately.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

The Supreme Court punted the gerrymandering cases. Not completely dismissed, but completely punted them.

Will likely be a few more years until a Supreme Court decision gets made on that topic.

And like I posted earlier, both punts were unanimous and technically correct. They will be back before the court before the 2020 election, but the gerrymanders in Wisconsin and Maryland both remain for this year.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Slavery was law. Indian Relocation Act was law.

Arguing about the morality of law is why DR is just another facist fucker. And his inability to even recognize the obvious racist vile bias of people like Sessions and Miller is why DR's appeal to the 'legality' will always be a skewed rationality of a corrupt mind.

I wonder if he's next going to defend Operation Wetback and the Japanese Internment, since that is basically what Miller and Sessions want to enact.

Even better is when fuckers like Trump announce that the deliberate separating of Children from their Parents at the border is part of his grand strategy to force Dems to the table on Immigration/The Wall.
That's called terrorism. And frankly, I don't negotiate with terrorists.

https://twitter.com/AndyBCampbell/status/1008725370886115328

It's not racism man, it's the LAW!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"I didn't join the KKK because they smoked the reefer cigarettes!" - Jefferey Beauregard Sessions, man of Law.

Don't forget the BEST part of this Child/Parent separation: There's no system to get them back together. This is entirely about terrorizing migrants.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 18, 2018

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

"I didn't join the KKK because they smoked the reefer cigarettes!" - Jefferey Beauregard Sessions, man of Law.

Don't forget the BEST part of this Child/Parent separation: There's no system to get them back together. This is entirely about terrorizing migrants.

If ICE actually did this poo poo to people crossing the Canadian border or white Europeans overstaying their visas heads would have rolled and quite possibly literally.

Strangely enough though I don't see very many EU citizens or EU children in cages. :thunk:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BadOptics posted:

If ICE actually did this poo poo to people crossing the Canadian border or white Europeans overstaying their visas heads would have rolled and quite possibly literally.

Well, you see.....Canadians are white Not cartels Not MS-13 Civilized....?

I wonder if Jeff Sessions has more Bible quotes for us today for the Prayer Power Hour / Legal Briefing.

https://boingboing.net/2018/06/18/unlimited-racist-cruelty.html

Children in the Texas camps are having to teach other children to change diapers. Law of the Land.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 18, 2018

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Jesus MS13 is Trump's personal boogeyman, he just keeps bringing it up over and over.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CommieGIR posted:

DHS Secretary is now claiming they don't have a policy of seperating family members at the border.
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1008726798136377344

The amount of straight-up :mensch: coming out of this entire administration, not just Trump and his inner circlejerk, is amazing.

What has your nation become?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm just happy that this immigration poo poo has broken through.

I expected it to be another one of the mini-scandals, like this sort of thing: https://twitter.com/mmcintire/status/1008729131746553856?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The amount of straight-up :mensch: coming out of this entire administration, not just Trump and his inner circlejerk, is amazing.

What has your nation become?

Bill O'Reilly came out and said Trump needs to walk back the Family Seperation because he can't win this one

Bill loving O'Reilly

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Anyone who is fine with the situation going on with immigrants should be fine with being kept away from these forums imo. Defending poo poo like this is disgusting

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

Now you're doing it. Can you provide a single example of someone who entered the country legally, applied for asylum, had their claim rejected, and was subsequently charged with a crime related to their asylum application?

CBP has been blocking asylum seekers entry, claiming reasons such as "not enough detention cell space" and leaving homeless asylum seekers stuck on the Mexican side of the border. Then if they cross anyway, they get charged with an illegal crossing. I guess if you just don't let asylum seekers in at all and deny them the application, and they cross anyway, they're the real criminal!

That must make them super baddies in your beep boop brain.

quote:

Federal law allows immigrants to step into United States and claim asylum; agents are physically preventing them from doing so.

As the temperature reached 105 degrees, three Guatemalans made their way north Saturday on the Paso del Norte Bridge linking El Paso and Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, seeking to claim asylum in the United States. On previous attempts over the past day, they had been met at the long bridge’s apex by Customs and Border Protection agents—a highly unusual tactic—who asked them for identification and told them they couldn’t proceed to the port of entry because the holding cells were at capacity.

This time, the three migrants—a badly sunburned woman, her baby, and a 16-year-old girl who was not related to them—were accompanied by two representatives of Annunciation House, an El Paso organization that has helped migrants and refugees for more than four decades. Once again, they were stopped by two CBP agents, asked for documents, and told they would not be allowed to go further into the United States because of capacity issues. So began a tense standoff Saturday that marks an escalation in U.S. tactics to keep immigrants out of the country—including those legally entitled to enter and seek asylum—and relieve crowded immigration facilities that officials say are filled beyond capacity.

In recent weeks, Garcia and other immigrant activists in El Paso had been hearing reports that CBP agents were blocking Central Americans from proceeding across the bridge to the port of entry where they are entitled to begin the asylum process. By making asylum claims at a port of entry, immigrants are supposed to be given a court date so that a judge may determine if the asylum claim is credible. But recent reports suggest Central Americans are being turned back to Juárez. Ironically, Garcia said, many of these Central Americans have grown frustrated and subsequently decided to sneak into the United States outside of a port of entry, then gotten arrested by the Border Patrol. New Trump administration policy requires that anyone caught entering illegally be arrested, face criminal charges, and be separated from any children they are traveling with.

Saturday morning, Garcia got a report that a group of Guatemalans was encamped in Juárez after being unable to cross the bridge. He invited me to accompany him and Levy as they investigated. We walked south across the Paso del Norte Bridge, the busiest pedestrian crossing between El Paso and Juárez, and saw two CBP agents standing at the top of the northbound pedestrian lanes. Minutes after crossing into Mexico, we spotted a group of about a dozen people huddled near public restrooms at the Mexican immigration office, one of the few spots offering shade. They told us that they had come from Guatemala and had been turned back by U.S. authorities the previous night.

CBP officials confirmed what Garcia has been hearing from immigrants, both at the bridge on this Saturday and in previous weeks at the Annunciation House shelter.

“Regarding what you witnessed today, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is taking a proactive approach to ensure that arriving travelers have valid entry documents in order to expedite the processing of lawful travel,” agency spokesman Roger Maier said in an email. “That being said, CBP processes undocumented persons as expeditiously as possible without negating the agency’s overall mission, or compromising the safety of individuals within our custody.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/immigrant-advocates-question-legality-of-latest-federal-tactics/

Just say you favor this policy, if you do, you coward. Don't engage in all this what-about bullshit that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's perfectly legal to support this policy; it'd just be nice if you'd come out and say it instead of tip-toeing all around it while never committing to an opinion, hiding behind the pathetic, condescending mask of how you're just here to use your Logic Brain to educate all the dumbasses, even if you don't necessarily agree with the policy wink wink.

Also quit intentionally confusing law with policy. It's bullshit. Policy isn't law.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
For my first father's day I spent an hour finding and donating to charities to help these kids and families because gently caress

Saw a depressing amount of people with "Jesus" in their twitter profile replying to the groups fighting for these kids to say that if they didn't want to suffer then their parents should have stayed out of the US.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

Just say you favor this policy, if you do, you coward. Don't engage in all this what-about bullshit that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's perfectly legal to support this policy; it'd just be nice if you'd come out and say it instead of tip-toeing all around it while never committing to an opinion, hiding behind the pathetic, condescending mask of how you're just here to use your Logic Brain to educate all the dumbasses, even if you don't necessarily agree with the policy wink wink.

Also quit intentionally confusing law with policy. It's bullshit. Policy isn't law.

That's the problem though: DR doesn't just agree with the policy, he believes laws should be applied in the most cruel way possible. At this point, I wonder why he hasn't just advocated for a return to stoning and public lynchings.

But the issue remains: DR's insistance that law be applied in the most cruel and evil way possible, while his inability to recognize the difference between "Just" laws and laws passed in sheer racist hatred, as well as his inability to recognize the vileness of people like Sessions, Trump, and Miller, is why DR's real issue is he just likes fascists.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 18, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Y’all I am shocked that dead reckoning is defending fascist tactics via fascist bootlicking.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

In 1859: "Guys I'm not against abolition its just that slavery is the law"

In 1941: "Guys I'm not supporting the camps its just that Jews are a problem and their violent ghetto uprisings must be quelled for our security"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Concentration camps FEMA summer camp for browns displaced latin american children now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

That Works posted:

In 1859: "Guys I'm not against abolition its just that slavery is the law"

In 1941: "Guys I'm not supporting the camps its just that Jews are a problem and their violent ghetto uprisings must be quelled for our security"

In 1942: “Guys I’m not supporting the internment camps it’s just that Japanese are a problem and we can’t really know where their loyalties lie.”

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Clinging to the written word whether it be laws or a holy text is just an excuse to appeal to authority instead of using your loving brain.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
"I'm not saying I support this policy, I'm just asking whatever we could do instead?!"

How about this: not the current policy. There. Let's not do that. :wow:

Bush-era policy? Obama-era policy? Any other policy that, while imperfect, wasn't as cartoonishly evil as the current policy (not legal) guidance? There you go, DR, now your Logic Brain can't pretend we all just sidestepped the answer.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Um.

Umm.

Ummmmmm.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1008748450194870273?s=19

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
JFC

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Separate But Equal. Never head that one before...

So, would they hand over ICBMs and all space operations? Can I re-enlist in the US Space Force? Will the US Space Force have Zero G PT Testing?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Good to know the AF already tested out future Space Force uniforms

The worse part of standing up a Department of Space Force or whatever is that if they follow the AF model it will be a copy of a copy of a copy problem. Space Force from the Air Force from the Army Air Corps from the Army.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

In 1942: “Guys I’m not supporting the internment camps it’s just that Japanese are a problem and we can’t really know where their loyalties lie.”

harsh but fair.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
This is huge news.

For Space Admiral Bachmann!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mister Sinewave posted:

Jesus MS13 is Trump's personal boogeyman, he just keeps bringing it up over and over.

Since 9/11 a great amount of people are convinced that we're moments away from brown people of all sorts storming their subdivision.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I look forward to Russia recognizing this as us violating the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 and use it as a springboard to launch weapons into space.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Wouldn't they need that as a law, kind of like how the Aor Force split from the Army?

Edit Also this

CommieGIR posted:

I look forward to Russia recognizing this as us violating the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 and use it as a springboard to launch weapons into space.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1008733623309209600

Russia really is getting their moneys worth.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

This is huge news.

For Space Admiral Bachmann!

Ambassador to the Galactic Federation Clinton?

Also

Proud Christian Mom posted:

dont quote people on my ignore list, thanks

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Flikken posted:

Wouldn't they need that as a law, kind of like how the Aor Force split from the Army?

Yes, particularly if they want any funding or general officers.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

facialimpediment posted:

I'm just happy that this immigration poo poo has broken through.

I expected it to be another one of the mini-scandals, like this sort of thing: https://twitter.com/mmcintire/status/1008729131746553856?s=19

loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Even the loving Mooch is calling the GOP out

https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/status/1008755588334014464

If they've lost the Mooch.....

• Locked thread