Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

jivjov posted:

Quick Mario Odyssey post-game question...how many Moons does the shop have? I've bought something like 55 so far...

The shops never run out of moons. They’re there so you can pad your total number of moons if some of the moons are too hard for you to get so you can reach the last two levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

jivjov posted:

Quick Mario Odyssey post-game question...how many Moons does the shop have? I've bought something like 55 so far...

Infinite. You can literally buy your way to all the end game content if you have enough coins.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

jivjov posted:

As many as you want.

You only need to buy a moon from each shop once, when you do it will have a little mark on it to say you've gotten that unique moon. You can buy as many more as an alternative way to get past some of post game moon requirements.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well poo poo, haha. I would have saved my coins for costumes had I known that. I plan on (eventually) getting all the moons legitimately anyway.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

many animes are good. jojo should be in smash. the good jojo. you know the one.

I'm glad we agree

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There is something special for getting 999 moons, so you're going to have to buy a bunch anyway if you want that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

jivjov posted:

As many as you want.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We finally got a release date for Warriors Orochi 4, October 19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBotfNZ5Xr8

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

Really washing it out with the western animation.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Look fuckers, its 2018. If Michael B Jordan can enjoy anime you all can too.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

homeless snail posted:

There is something special for getting 999 moons, so you're going to have to buy a bunch anyway if you want that.

Oh I thought the 999 count was just "all the regular moons in the game"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All the regular moons totally to... I don't remember. 720?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I'm 40 hours into Zelda WiiU and I've got two of the Zords. I'm basically halfway there, right?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

jivjov posted:

Oh I thought the 999 count was just "all the regular moons in the game"

There are 880 'real' moons (including the 1/world you can buy from the shop before the postgame).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Should I buy Mario Tennis physical or digital?

I was thinking physical for the resale value, but then I think, by the time I would be thinking about reselling it, would it really be worth that much

Also I got Splatoon 2 physical and I think I might play it more if it didn't involve swapping cards in

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

TheScott2K posted:

I'm 40 hours into Zelda WiiU and I've got two of the Zords. I'm basically halfway there, right?

Hwhaaa?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The big rock Zords you have to go into and do puzzles, and they give you an ability when you're done. There's four Zords. That's a decent metric for how far you are into the game, right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Have you got the quasar saber yet?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

TheScott2K posted:

The big rock Zords you have to go into and do puzzles, and they give you an ability when you're done. There's four Zords. That's a decent metric for how far you are into the game, right?

Oh it doesn't matter. The more Zords you do the more the final boss's health is taken down, so doing all 4 takes his health down by half. You can go beat the game whenever you're bored.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

No, not yet

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Over There posted:

Oh it doesn't matter. The more Zords you do the more the final boss's health is taken down, so doing all 4 takes his health down by half. You can go beat the game whenever you're bored.

Oh gently caress, I thought it was going to be a "get all four Zords, go fight Ganon in a MegaZord" situation

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheScott2K posted:

Not really since you can do things in any order and since you don't have to do this things at all.

You don't even have to set foot in a shrine after the plateau or ever go in a Divine Beast

I guess the answer is "halfway to where?"

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh gently caress off with all the October releases, goddamn :mad:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TheScott2K posted:

Oh gently caress, I thought it was going to be a "get all four Zords, go fight Ganon in a MegaZord" situation

Every one you don't beat also has its boss show up before the final fight to attack you.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Not really since you can do things in any order and since you don't have to do this things at all.

You don't even have to set foot in a shrine after the plateau or ever go in a Divine Beast

Can you keep playing after you smoke Ganon or is that it?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

TheScott2K posted:

It brings you back to before you fight Ganon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

You get a star next to your save file but you're dumped back out to immediately before the fight.

It also unlocks your completion percentage so you can see it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Octopath Traveler is very cool and I am really looking forward to it's release. Between it and Dragon Quest, Switch is about to have some fun old school rpgs on it.

The complete and utter lack of mention of DQXI for the Switch makes me wonder what the issue is with it. It'd be nice to get for the Switch but if I have to get the PC or PS4 version instead then I guess I will. :shrug:

Rolo posted:

Octopath will be a good test of whether Chrono Trigger and Earthbound are just good because they’re 99% nostalgia.

You're projecting hard enough to summon Batman.

Etrian Odyssey and a bunch of other RPGs still have them too, though you kinda have to with dungeon crawlers like Etrian.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was thinking physical for the resale value, but then I think, by the time I would be thinking about reselling it, would it really be worth that much

Also I got Splatoon 2 physical and I think I might play it more if it didn't involve swapping cards in

It's worth buying physical if you have Prime (pre-order) or Best Buy GCU to get 20% off

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Zore posted:

You get a star next to your save file but you're dumped back out to immediately before the fight.

Oh word, good. Didn't want another Super Mario World on my hands.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

I knew Breath of the Wild was a Very Good Video Game when I completed the tutorial and the first quest I get is "Defeat Ganon"

like, that's an open world game right there

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zore posted:

Note that there are separate listings on the map (for finding all the map features, of which there are many) and on the quest logs.

For reference, a fairly thorough playthrough where you see all the story events, complete every shrine, and collect some seeds along the way will probably get you to 25-30% map completion.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ve been doing this sick nasty perfect combo where I play a big story based PS4 game while keeping something on the Switch for when I want a break. Right now I’m playing Hollow Knight. Would West of Loathing work when I’m done with HK? I can’t tell if it’s something you need to focus on without too many other games in the mix. Sometimes my brain jumbles mechanics when I’m switching between games.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Physical because I heard this cart will taste like tennis balls when you lick it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

curried lamb of God posted:

It's worth buying physical if you have Prime (pre-order) or Best Buy GCU to get 20% off

Yes since that’s a pretty good discount and then you could resell the game down the line.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've bought a physical game since buying digital became an option :pram:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gyknx7/counterpoint-gently caress-waluigi-he-doesnt-deserve-to-be-in-the-new-smash-bros

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Shigeru Miyamoto blocked the creation of similar “evil” versions of Peach and Daisy.

What the gently caress? drat you, Miyamoto

Monitor
Dec 28, 2010

Counterpoint: All creatures on god's green earth deserve to be in smash, such as waluigi, goku, master chief. Just mugen this poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

• Locked thread