Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mordaedil posted:

She could make plutonium, which requires a process to become radioactive and before it can be used for purposes in nuclear warheads.

Berkley university had a video on the subject, explaining in very layman terms how easy it is to make a nuclear bomb or reactor. It's so simple a child could accidentally make the plans for one and easy enough one guy could make a nuclear reactor in his refrigerator in his backyard.

There's a really famous story about a boy scout who built a breeder reactor from the radioisotopes you can get out of smoke detectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Eri will almost certainly make some extreme demonstration of her power like bringing someone back from the dead or the like at some point.

Honestly I'm more excited for when Eri learns the basics of CQC and starts rewinding people mid-fight to start punching themselves in the face.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Eri learns parkour and goes through life Prince of Persia style.

Wait, wrong time altering powers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mraagvpeine posted:

Eri learns parkour and goes through life Prince of Persia style.

Wait, wrong time altering powers.
Says who? Maybe she realizes she's always touching reality and there you go.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

It was mentioned in the anime thread that there's probably about another 12 or 13 episodes left in the season. How far long would that be manga-wise? Through the hero license exam?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it'd prob end on deku and bakugou's fight, wouldn't it?

PMush Perfect posted:

Says who? Maybe she realizes she's always touching reality and there you go.

oh so she's iceman

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

oh so she's iceman

I forget, why is Iceman so broken again?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

symbolic posted:

It was mentioned in the anime thread that there's probably about another 12 or 13 episodes left in the season. How far long would that be manga-wise? Through the hero license exam?
Yeah, current speculation is that the season will end on the Deku v Bakugo fight.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, current speculation is that the season will end on the Deku v Bakugo fight.

I just realized my stupidity since I thought the fight was before the licenses, and thus thought 12-13 eps was too many. Whoops.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think it’s because he doesn’t control cold but the absence of heat, which basically meant he has power over entropy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

because bad comic book writers spend too much time thinking about how super powers would physically work if they happened in real life

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

There's a really famous story about a boy scout who built a breeder reactor from the radioisotopes you can get out of smoke detectors.

Surprisingly, he died of alcohol poisoning.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think there was a joke in MHA Smash that Uraraka's anti-gravity powers is also broken, but no one realizes it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Cause cold aint real it's just less hot so making things colder is just heat manipulation and suddenly you realize "Oh wait that's a lot of bullshit under that big tent there".

Basically It was always Super Broken Bobby is just very dumb

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So here's a fun thought I had when contemplating AFO's desire to gently caress with OFA users in general and All Might in particular: what are the chances that he gave Shiggy his Quirk, specifically to set up a situation where Shiggy's parents would die in horrible fashion and thus allow AFO to just walk in and claim his new Robin orphan protege? It would be a very neat way to sidestep the whole "oh yeah I actually murdered your real parents" pitfall of this sort of villain plan.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Man, now I went through this person's tweets and god drat there's some good poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/villhut/status/972244224505720832

https://twitter.com/villhut/status/979855287107702784

https://twitter.com/villhut/status/993222934633308160

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Savagery Level: Infinity.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://youtu.be/Y6rqN75Pl6o?t=13m24s

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

good fuckin' lord

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Scholtz posted:

good fuckin' lord

Hmmm not great but better than the Froppy one

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Scholtz posted:

good fuckin' lord

This is a few different levels, too. Like, imagine liking Mineta in the first place. Then imagine liking him enough to get a tattoo of him. Then imagine liking him enough that it's not even him in his super hero costume. Then imagine liking him enough that it's not even something funny he did, or a line that he said. It's just him standing there, scratching his head. This person not only likes Mineta enough to get that exact tattoo, but also is proud enough of it to post it on the internet. Shameful.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/villhut/status/1001930257178521600

They'll be hitched by the end of the series, won't they?

https://twitter.com/villhut/status/938908300472614915

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I love that Baku's parents have zero patience for his bullshit.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Bakugo's dad definitely married up

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/villhut/status/1001930257178521600

They'll be hitched by the end of the series, won't they?

I really want them to meet.

source

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

source

I can endure the current boring arc if it means next arc we'll get them meeting.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

source

With that SHIRT shirt, Deku is ready to finally appear in One Punch Man.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol, this is the guy who does the official Viz translation by the way:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1008731678834151426

Even he's not down with this.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Skypie posted:

Bakugo's dad definitely married up

Have we seen him yet?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Nonexistence posted:

Have we seen him yet?

He was there during the home visits, chapter 96. Mom did most of the talking, Dad was just uncomfortable that his family was screaming at each other in front of guests.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fabricated posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syYCO0QVkZo&t=121s

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fabricated posted:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1008731678834151426

Even he's not down with this.

stockholm syndrome isn't even a real thing and even if it was this isn't an example of it

I fundamentally agree with him but I feel like it's a disservice using that term instead of what it actually is (it's Bad Writing Tim)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You know, AFO looked quite good until he had his face wrecked.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

You know, AFO looked quite good until he had his face wrecked.

You gotta respect a guy who has a genetic defect like that and decides to just lean into it.

(Matthias Schlitte. He's a world-champion arm wrestler.)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

You gotta respect a guy who has a genetic defect like that and decides to just lean into it.

(Matthias Schlitte. He's a world-champion arm wrestler.)

Excuse me, they're called 'quirks'

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm just going to post an insane theory before the next chapter or anything; but I don't think endeavor is going to be redeemed or die. We've been seeing his family's reaction and feelings about him as a person with some emphasis on the fact that he's now the number one hero, and the Nomu attacking will put some spotlight on him. Let's say Dabi is one of his kids and something horrible happened. Now that Endeavor is more important, public and higher in the rankings than ever they could absolutely destroy him by going public with the guy's dirtiest secret. Then, suddenly the cool new and younger hero, part of a generation who couldn't have possibly known about it and kept that secret for years would be rocketed into the number one position.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

stockholm syndrome isn't even a real thing and even if it was this isn't an example of it

I fundamentally agree with him but I feel like it's a disservice using that term instead of what it actually is (it's Bad Writing Tim)

Just cause you don't like it does not mean it's bad writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just cause you don't like it does not mean it's bad writing.

no its pretty bad and goes against a lot of other things the manga has portrayed/pushed out thematically